New Album Rumors Thread

8 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

"Let's get one thing straight ok? This whole thing is fucked up." :lol:

Why would a tribute band record original material that sounded exactly like Guns? Seems to me there would be zero interest from people on that. People like tribute bands because they play songs they already love. Not some new shit. Am I right?

None of this really makes any sense. I guess I'll stick with my first thoughts that this is just some dude trying to drum up followers... For now. 

Before just now....had you ever heard of Chad or his tribute band? So it is working!

Anybody old enough to remember My Favorite Pillow? I remember diehard fans swearing it was unreleased GnR. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Before just now....had you ever heard of Chad or his tribute band? So it is working!

Anybody old enough to remember My Favorite Pillow? I remember diehard fans swearing it was unreleased GnR. 

No I have not. And that's my first thought that it's a hashtag whore out.

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Dude, you need to Calm Down.

I want new music as much as you want, but really you can't say that it is AXL AND SLASH on just a random clip. Yeah it sounds really good, but it seems like a tribute band, maybe its Axl? I don't know? 

To me that doesn't sound anything like what anything gnr would be, watch axl, he would never do anything with that tempo or pace, even watch acdc, axl is playing his frontman cards perfectly, there is no way this would be a style he would push for. 

I would like some gnr music please though 

20 minutes ago, Apollo said:

That makes way more sense. If he is friends with a GnR tribute band. And is showing clips they sort of sound like Axl. And the fact The Beta hasn't had his information shit down. 

More than likely this is the tribute band trying to take advantage of the currently popularity of GnR. 

I agree. Certainly there is much more evidence to indicate this is a tribute act rather than Guns N' Roses

I don't know why a tribute act would record new material in the sound of Guns N' Roses, but i think it is possible that these guys are trying to reinvent themselves and the tribute marketplace. Now that the reunion has happened, they need to find ways to stay alive. The release of new music may be a path towards that.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Alright, my final analysis...

It is NOT Guns N Roses :(

After hearing that Chad Atkins guy sing GNR stuff, it does sound like him. With the effects in the clip, it does sound like Oh My God era Axl, probably the best imitators I heard. The guitarist really sounds like Slash, too.

However, too many red flags. When would GNR use a random producer who works with a GNR cover band? Why would that producer put ANY clips online if they did? Plus, if this band was working on new material, it would make sense to hash tag GNR related words sinice they are/were a GNR tribute band. The producer is then being cheeky with us fans because it builds mystique and gets our attention  (it worked)

The clips were cool, and today was the best speculation fun I've had since before the reunion, but I now am convinced it is not GNR. Best fake I have heard, though, and that is saying something considering there were tons of fakes in the Chinese days. These sound pretty modern and badass, what a new GNR record might sound like.

Anyways, I'd totally love to hear whatever these guys are working in down the line, sounds great!

This post could pretty much end this topic. The nail has been hit on the head. 

And why would GnR - who right now is the most popular rock band in The world - release a 10-second clip that doesn't sound exactly like GnR as a test to see what people think? That makes no sense.

First off, they don't need to test the waters. A new GnR single will debut at #1 on the Rock charts. 

It would be like a pizza place wanting to see if the market liked their new style of crust.....so they released a tuna casserole for people to sample. And they put it out at different restaurant than theirs. 

If GnR wanted to test fhe waters like that, they would "leak" a portion of a song that was 100% no doubt GnR or Axl on vocals. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Apollo said:

This post could pretty much end this topic. The nail has been hit on the head. 

And why would GnR - who right now is the most popular rock band in The world - release a 10-second clip that doesn't sound exactly like GnR as a test to see what people think? That makes no sense.

First off, they don't need to test the waters. A new GnR single will debut at #1 on the Rock charts. 

It would be like a pizza place wanting to see if the market liked their new style of crust.....so they released a tuna casserole for people to sample. And they put it out at different restaurant than theirs. 

If GnR wanted to test fhe waters like that, they would "leak" a portion of a song that was 100% no doubt GnR or Axl on vocals. 

Why would they kick off the whole Slash n Axl reunion in fuckin Sweden?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I guess this Chat Atkins' voice, if edited, could sound a lot like Axl's. 

There are things that are still puzzling, though. Let's say that a tribute band decides to make new music that replicates the original band's classic sound; it's unusual, but it could happen. One would expect (and the youtube videos of this particular tribute band add to this) that the songs would sound like vintage GnR, i.e. mainly like AFD  GnR and a bit of UYI. But the clips, especially the "you can see me" one, sound more modern, like reworked CD era stuff, and the vocals sound more like Axl from that era.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it's possible that some of the CD era leftovers have already vocals recorded on them, so "new" GnR music wouldn't necessarily mean 2016 Axl vocals.

I was 100% sure it was axl until i listened to this Chad Atkins dude

You nailed it when you 

said that Chat Atkins' voice, if edited, could sound a lot like Axl's. 

So I am not sure about shit anymore!

What I can tell you is that this "you can see me" clip (specially the "axl segment") sounds more exciting than 90% of GNR-related material released separately by Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven on the last 10 years.

That shit sounds so good! It fucking rocks!

and YES, that may be some old stuff from the 90s, but right now I am more inclined to think that its actually CHAD ATKINS but it sounds TOO MUCH LIKE AXL!

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Anyways, I'd totally love to hear whatever these guys are working in down the line, sounds great!

same here!

6 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Only weak minded people ask for others to be banned. 

agreed!

• Like 2

On 24/08/2016 at 9:53 PM, default_ said:

Edit: From now on I'll try to keep this thread updated with every album rumor. 

[Axl Rose - Fã Clube rumor: 2016/06]
According to the Brazilian page Axl Rose Fã-Clube, Guns N' Roses has already started the recording of a new album.

Slash, Duff and the band have done sessions for six tracks which will feature special guests on five of 'em. 
Axl havent recorded vocals yet. 

They say nothing can be set on stone but that they have legit sources into band's HQ. 

Source: http://www.axlrosefaclube.com/2016/06/novo-album-do-guns-n-roses-ja-esta-sendo-produzido/

We had problems with this page before but who knows, right? :lol:

[Rumored Instagram leaks: 2016/08]
Suposed leaks from a new album, some believes it is really Guns N' Roses:
https://www.instagram.com/stephenchesneymusic/

More info on Stephen Chesney:
http://www.stephenchesney.com/biography.html
"Stephen put together a band for what would become his debut solo effort featuring current Foreigner drummer Chris Frazier (Formerly of Whitesnake/Steve Vai)  Edgar Winter Band bassist Koko Powell, Keyboardist Rob Bloise, Ace Frehley drummer Scot Coogan, Loggins/Messina & Slash sax player Jim Wheeler and Ray Charles trumpet player Mitch Manker, being mixed by famed Guns N' Roses/Buckethead/Santana engineer Rob Beaton". 

Suspect comments on instagram: 
ms.png

axlsmichelleBadass!!!! Damn I can't wait to listen to the whole song ?
stephenchesneymusicThanks@axlsmichelle ! If you like that clip something tells me you're gonna flip out when you hear the whole thing lol.
colton_sterlingWhat is going on in here? Sounds badass but who is it and when is it coming out?@stephenchesneymusic
stephenchesneymusic@colton_sterling - the fact that that you said what is going on in here and who is it? Makes me happy. One sec, I'll post another clip just cuz I can :D
colton_sterling@stephenchesneymusicHaha I mean it sounds like Slash and Axl but I have no idea who you are, I started following you not long ago ?
colton_sterling@stephenchesneymusicAre you producing GNR or something?
stephenchesneymusicDon't worry@colton_sterling - no-one knows who I am ;) haha

Stephen Chesney tags Axl tribute singer Chad Atkins on one of his pictures:

image.png

Just thought I'd say nice work in keeping the OP updated for people who might just be entering this thread for the first time. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So, the consensus then is that these are fake? I honestly thought they could be real at first but once you think about all the things that aren't right about it, it just doesn't add up. I mean, it doesn't sound like Axl as we know him right now. I do think we could pull vocals like that off in a studio setting,  as I said earlier, but I doubt they'd release it on some random guys instagram. 

Edited by Jw224

13 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So, the consensus then is that these are fake? I honestly thought they could be real at first but once you think about all the things that aren't right about it, it just doesn't add up. I mean, it doesn't sound like Axl as we know him right now. I do think we could pull vocals like that off in a studio setting,  as I said earlier, but I doubt they'd release it on some random guys instagram. 

The music is not "fake"

Its just a random musicians making music and as they like GNR, they are trying to sound like GNR.

I don't blame them, that Axl FA Club should be blamed for spreading lies.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

The music is not "fake"

Its just a random musicians making music and as they like GNR, they are trying to sound like GNR.

I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I meant by "fake", as in not GNR, the validity of these tracks as GNR or not had been being discussed for the past 10 pages, so I don't know why you felt the need to specify that. Yes I agree, I think the music sounds pretty good honestly, and would like to hear more if it comes to fruition. 

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

There is no connection between what that Brazilian fan club says and the discovery of the clips on that guy's ig. Someone would have found the clips regardless of the rumor spread by this fan club.

Just now, Blackstar said:

There is no connection between what that Brazilian fan club says and the discovery of the clips on that guy's ig. Someone would have found the clips regardless of the rumor spread by this fan club.

Yeah, but the conclusion is that its not GNR. 

Btw are you related to Highway Star? 

the guy singing has studied Axl's technique but you can tell its not actually him

its hard to describe exactly but his "Axl rasp" sounds so forced/fake and not natural

i know we're desperate for new music but lets not be THAT desperate lol

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I didn't?

Those supposed leaks on tumblr sounded good imo. Thread got locked and like the mod said it is most definitely fake. I am so starved for new GNR music though I would be a bit happy with fake GNR that sounds cool. fml

Yeah those clips sound really good, even Im waiting for the full version of the songs even if its not GNR.

Thats closest to GNR we can get and If its good music, then why not? 

On 9/3/2016 at 9:56 PM, ludurigan said:

there is one clip that REALLY sounds like axl

IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE AXL on the first line (...can see me)

then it sounds like Sebastian Bach for a few lines (anyone can see...)

and then it sounds REALLY like Axl again (they got me...)

I mean THAT HAS GOT TO BE AXL ROSE

My guess is that this is a DUET between Axl and Sebastian

THIS SHIT IS INFECTIOUSLY GOOD

I just shrugged these of as fakes without listening to them until just now..

This clip does sound like Axl and Slash to me.. Can't say I really like it but it sounds like them.. It sounds like Slash playing over a NuGnR leftover... The vocals effects seem straight out of Oh My God... All copy and pasted and shit.

The other clip of the solo sounds like Slash to me as well.

I don't hear ant Back in there either.. The thing that makes me skeptical is that they would allow that to be tweeted out.

Edited by Tom-Ass