New Album Rumors Thread

Those sound like Axl to me too.. The last 2 anyway... The first one sound like it could be him singing with someone.. Or someone using a voice modifier to sound like him. 

The phrasing and delivery sound very much like Axl to me.  Not saying it is him but if it isn't, someone is doing a damn good job at impersonating him.

There is no way to know. We're on the fence, with most leaning towards it not being GNR - on the fence is where GNR put us with the whole reunion thing before it became official. Releasing a few snippets via a totally random and leaving us guessing and speculating falls somewhat in line with GNR latest promotion strategies, with the reunion, the Troub show etc. Who the hell knows? Someone said that there is no way TB would allow leaks via a random somewhat unknown producer, but maybe they did because nobody would really believe GNR would leak a few songs via a random producer's Instagram. It is not impossible, even though it's not likely.

Guitar work sounds very Slash-like, but then again, the guy is a professional Slash impersonator. The voice is extremely Axl to me, but it's an Axl we haven't heard since 2010, perhaps even earlier. That nasal component to his voice is absolutely gone these days, even on his brilliant Axl/DC performances. The closest he gets to it is the voice he sings CD with, or the "And please remember..." bit in Don't Cry. Maybe those can sound like this in the studio.

Anyway, I guess we have to wait and see, but I wouldn't bet on those being really GNR right now.

I'm going with no Axl here. Not even sure the poor guy has had time to lay down any vocals unless this is coming from 2015. 

one of the tracks sounds like an Oh My God style song, and I don't see Axl revisiting that style. I think he'll slow it down a tad for new material to ensure he can perform the music as he ages. 

23 hours ago, Archtop said:

He wrote a song called Lucid Illusions, the write up.

"Guitarist and composer Stephen Chesney delivers an unabashed and unashamed nod to Vintage style Guns N' Roses and Slash himself. Written and recorded to showcase the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 signature pickups"

He is using the hashtags on his instagrams as a publicity ploy, coming across as a bit of a fanboy!

Again folks- this from a couple pages back settles it if you ask me. It's what this guy has done before: record new songs that he wants to sound exactly like Guns.

• Like 2

Did anyone with Instagram here actually try just hitting up this guy on IG with a message linking him this thread?:lol: Probably worth a shot, he'll maybe even admit that it's not GNR just to promote his own work here since he will see people here are interested in his work and want to know more about it. Anyone?

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

So why hasn't anyone posted the clips by the same guy which clearly sound like someone is Imitating Axl.

I think someone posted them some pages back. These sound less like Axl than the "if you can see me" clip imo (but the guy says that the others are recorded from his i-phone).

I agree with people who say that Axl's 2016 voice wouldn't sound like that. But it's possible that some CD leftovers have recorded vocals from years ago.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just shrugged these of as fakes without listening to them until just now..

This clip does sound like Axl and Slash to me.. Can't say I really like it but it sounds like them.. It sounds like Slash playing over a NuGnR leftover... The vocals effects seem straight out of Oh My God... All copy and pasted and shit.

The other clip of the solo sounds like Slash to me as well.

I don't hear ant Back in there either.. The thing that makes me skeptical is that they would allow that to be tweeted out.

I was 100% sure it was axl but right now i am convinced its CHAD ATKINS

if you listen to his clips on the tribute band a few pages back you will see how he can emulate axl during some pieces and seconds of the songs. In a live environment you take 5 seconds to know it is NOT axl, but, like someone said before in this thread, in a studio controlled environment, the guy can sing as many takes as he wants and just select those that sound exactly like axl

to make matters worse, there is a second "you can see me" clip which has like 1 or 2 extra seconds and you can see that the song changes and becomes SHIT, including the vocals 

what a waste!

39 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

I was 100% sure it was axl but right now i am convinced its CHAD ATKINS

if you listen to his clips on the tribute band a few pages back you will see how he can emulate axl during some pieces and seconds of the songs. In a live environment you take 5 seconds to know it is NOT axl, but, like someone said before in this thread, in a studio controlled environment, the guy can sing as many takes as he wants and just select those that sound exactly like axl

to make matters worse, there is a second "you can see me" clip which has like 1 or 2 extra seconds and you can see that the song changes and becomes SHIT, including the vocals 

what a waste!

Can you link the second clip? Lol.

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I've messaged both Stephen and Chad, none of them replied.

It's pretty safe to say it's not gnr at this point. Bummer.

You didn't tell him or link him about this thread though right ? Someone should try, I mean if you just ask Hey is this GNR of course he's not gonna answer.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

43 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You didn't tell him or link him about this thread though right ? Someone should try, I mean if you just ask Hey is this GNR of course he's not gonna answer.

No, I didnt! Just asked them if they could say anything about those clips.

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm going with no Axl here. Not even sure the poor guy has had time to lay down any vocals unless this is coming from 2015. 

one of the tracks sounds like an Oh My God style song, and I don't see Axl revisiting that style. I think he'll slow it down a tad for new material to ensure he can perform the music as he ages. 

My take on it is that you know Axl when you hear it. These clips sound like imitations to me. Checkmate is an example where it was 100% Axl, no doubt about it.