default_

New Album Rumors Thread

I really want to let Stephen tell his story, so I'm going to say as little as possible. But 1) Right, it's not GnR.  I don't think saying so is stealing his thunder.  He's' said as much in the comments on insta. :) 2) It's not GnR in any way (not a cover of anything GnR has done...heard, unheard, etc).

I'm sort of intentionally being cryptic (which I know sucks), because I really want him to be able to tell his own story, and the genesis of the tracks.  He seems like a pretty cool guy, and a huge GnR fan....and he was totally caught off guard by all this.  This is very much (for you old timers) My Favorite Pillow, the sequel.

I also want to add...I'm not any sort of insider or anything. I'm sure a lot of you know me from HTGTH.  I'm just a schlub who reached out to a guy on instagram and got a response. I originally (as you can see in my  post) just commented on the track thanking him for setting the record straight, which confused the fuck out of him since he hadn't actually posted here.  I pointed him here and have sort of been playing middle man since then, and we've talked back and forth about this.

I know the mods are working on approving his account, but I guess the mod who does that is unavailable at this exact moment. As soon as they're available, I think the plan is to approve him and get him on here to give his version of what happened. :)

23 minutes ago, pilferk said:

I know the mods are working on approving his account, but I guess the mod who does that is unavailable at this exact moment. As soon as they're available, I think the plan is to approve him and get him on here to give his version of what happened. :)

I just approved a bunch of new accounts this morning including his. 

Unless there's something I'm missing, this seems like a pretty straight forward deal; it's a person making music that sounds like GN'R. It's more or less our fault that we thought/hoped it was genuine GN'R music.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Unless there's something I'm missing, this seems like a pretty straight forward deal; it's a person making music that sounds like GN'R. It's more or less our fault that we thought/hoped it was genuine GN'R music.

More or less, this, I think.

But the details are interesting (at least they were to me), especially to the folks that liked what they heard.  

I think a lot of his desire to tell his story also stems from the "fake stephen" who posted earlier in this thread. I suspect he just wants to make sure everything is clear and tidied up, and that there's no blowback from the guns camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We are all so needy of new music that any glimpse of that makes us cream like this. lol

But as I said before, those seems to be great songs guys, dont close your ears for it just because it isnt Guns N' Roses!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Fake Stephen'' haha. We have an impersonator of an impersonator of Axl! You couldn't make it up.

Stephen is impersonating Slash not Axl (with his playing style and tone atleast, I could have sworn that was Slash playing that solo on one clip). Whoever is singing is doing a brilliant job impersonating Axl though. If someone posed as the singer of stephens track then wed have an impersonator of an impersonator of Axl.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Thanks Stephen! And thanks for the mention/shout out!  :)

I definitely want to hear a final version of that "they got me tied up, put away" track!!

Thanks to insomnia (and actually as a result of that sitting here screwing with the mix of one of the songs) I heard the ding of your reply @Harry Sunrise lol. I can try to get one or two songs up in a day or two If  I can get a mix finished and of course if there's anyone curious to hear them. I'm not sure where i'll post any links though, I'm not sure posting anything about these songs on this thread is a very good idea at all at this point lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I hope you complete the song with the lyric from YCBM. So badass

Its unmixed still but that song is one of the songs that was fully recorded, so, just waiting to be mixed :) oh, and thank you for wanting to hear it :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Its unmixed still but that song is one of the songs that was fully recorded, so, just waiting to be mixed :) oh, and thank you for wanting to hear it :) 

I'm really looking forward to these songs as well! Awesome work, nearly had a lot of people fooled. :lol: From what I can hear in the samples, it sounds like you captured what I imagine would've been GNR's sound after UYI if they never split. I really enjoy Chad's voice. It's really close to Axl's but unique enough to hold up on its own, definitely. Your imitation Slash is incredible, too.

20 minutes ago, NukeMySobriety said:

I'm really looking forward to these songs as well! Awesome work, nearly had a lot of people fooled. :lol: From what I can hear in the samples, it sounds like you captured what I imagine would've been GNR's sound after UYI if they never split. I really enjoy Chad's voice. It's really close to Axl's but unique enough to hold up on its own, definitely. Your imitation Slash is incredible, too.

Thanks man, Slash was the reason I started playing guitar so I appreciate the compliment :) - Its not like I have a reason to completely try and cop his style generally so these were a nice attempt to give it a go lol.

Chads voice is great. When he sings, even when he tries not to...he sounds like Axl lol, the dude is a natural at it and a hell of a good dude too. We'll see what happens when one is uploaded I guess as to whether it was worth showing you all  :)  As long as its listened to with the up front mindset of "these guys were TRYING to sound like someone else and that was the point" rather than it being seen as a full band going for that sound and calling it "original soundingl" or screwing with people, I think you might like 'em....

....if I ever get them finished lol.

• Like 3

@1418Music also really looking forward man, I desperately need new music, lol

And we all now there's nothing to expect from a certain band, at least not in the near future I guess. 

Edited by Harry Sunrise

@Harry SunriseI'm Probably going to put one up on YouTube for everyone to give a listen to in a day or so, I'm nearly done mixing the first of the songs...only took me.....uh....2 years on this one lol, Just found an old unfinished version from August of 2014...so, its been around at least a couple of years..

Maybe I should wait til Monday to put it up as i'm sure everyone will be busy over the weekend on here,, I dunno?  that said - I STILL don't know where I should post it on here and if I even can lol. So begins the next conundrum :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

@Harry SunriseI'm Probably going to put one up on YouTube for everyone to give a listen to in a day or so, I'm nearly done mixing the first of the songs...only took me.....uh....2 years on this one lol, Just found an old unfinished version from August of 2014...so, its been around at least a couple of years..

Maybe I should wait til Monday to put it up as i'm sure everyone will be busy over the weekend on here,, I dunno?  that said - I STILL don't know where I should post it on here and if I even can lol. So begins the next conundrum :) 

You're more than welcome to post it on our board as far as I'm concerned. Maybe put it in The Jungle or My World section since it's not actually GN'R? Not everyone will love it of course, but I would bet many users will like it and I know a lot of them want to hear it. 

@1418Music Thanks for taking out the time and replying to us on this forum.

I want to say that the music on those clips is AMAZING. 

It would be really great to hear full versions of it, don't wait till Monday, if you have the time, then you can post it now too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Slash787 said:

@1418Music Thanks for taking out the time and replying to us on this forum.

I want to say that the music on those clips is AMAZING. 

It would be really great to hear full versions of it, don't wait till Monday, if you have the time, then you can post it now too. 

I was just going to type this exact post! 

I really want to hear these songs :headbang: