New Album Rumors Thread

I wonder what Slash and Duff are doing while Axl is with AC/DC. They can't commit to a long-term thing because the gap is only two months, so maybe they use the time to be in the studio for GNR ... ? (Wishful thinking on my part)

1 hour ago, Chris 55 said:

Why do you think that?

Most likely because the NITL tour is booked until far into 2017..and 2) 2017 is also the year to celebrate Appetite 30th Anniversary. I wouldnt expect it until maybe November 2017 at earliest, the bands last few albums were all released on Nov 23rd, so one can hope for that. Also not sure if Slash is still going to release SMKC III which was slated for 2017 release.

A fun thought : the new album is called Not In This Lifetime and they (maybe surprise) drop the album (perhaps) Nov 23rd this year. How epic would that be? But all I'm expecting for this year is maybe a DVD release

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

I feel CD2 should release as is without changes

Not going to happen

I want to hear those songs too, or at least, the song ideas. Best chance is having them reworked and rerecorded by the current lineup

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wonder how long Slash can cling onto being a legacy act without getting restless? Axl has been a legacy act since 2001 so he is rather used to it but Slash constantly likes to put albums out.

This is a good point. Slash is a workaholic for sure. While I'm sure a big stadium tour is fun for awhile and obviously the money is great but I wonder if he will eventually tire of it and try to force Axl's hand on some new music?

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wonder how long Slash can cling onto being a legacy act without getting restless? Axl has been a legacy act since 2001 so he is rather used to it but Slash constantly likes to put albums out.

I have a feeling that if an album comes sooner than later, it's going to be because Axl is acutely aware that Slash likes to play & record new music. It'll be gas in the proverbial tank of Guns N' Roses. 

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah, I wonder too. At first I thought new music would surely come, but Guns is such a black hole. It could be another decade of album rumours.

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Funny, but I was just thinking about this today. Including his days with GN'R, SLASH has released 11 original studio albums (6 this millennium + ALG in 1995) while AXL only has 5 to his credit (1 this millennium). So SLASH has released more material (7) post-GN'R than AXL ever has been a part of. Needless to say, they have been on completely different pages to this point in time -- not just in musical direction, but frequency of work.

To me, that will be the biggest sticking point with regarding to any "new" music involving the trio. IMO, the only way it can possibly happen is if AXL has changed in more ways than we've seen to this point.

21 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm pretty sure both of them want songwriting credits.

Then maybe they'll compromise and write/record a couple of new songs with re recording the Chinese leftovers? (This where we may need izzy)

Theres just zero chance to me that they throw away ALL of the Chinese era material. If they did it just wouldn't make sense to still be playing 6 Chinese songs and have two keyboard players in the band, one of whom having blue hair and contributing the bare minimum. 

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Came across this again

Fortus says: Album should be out next year (2016) and that they will be touring. This was middle of June 2015, you guys think the reunion was already being talked about there? I mean I read or heard bumble knew of it already when he left which was not long before this interview.

Well he didn't lie, even the mods here confirmed from officials in the band that the band had intent to release new material. Fortus knew Axl intended on taking the band on the road with duff replacing Tommy and slash replacing at least bumblefoot, thankfully ashba did the fans a favor and quit too but, yeah fortus stayed in touch and spoke honestly at the time. Frank did the same about a month or two later.