New Album Rumors Thread

So this guy is a guitarist who knows some singers and that tribute singer too. 

These recordings are his own stuff, he just hashtagged GNR cause it sounds similar. 

If this guy was working in the studio where GNR were recording, Axl would have sued his ass for leaking GNR stuff.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

lol some of you desperately want this to be GNR that you are elevating this song to unwarranted heights. It is an average tune that any generic band could come up with. 

CD songs were absolute garbage, but they were never GNR. It was just Axl. Perhaps if we were talking about Axl's fake GNR it would be a different story. But there is no way Duff and Slash would release something like this under the GNR banner. I think all this speculation is ridiculous. I don't think any of these 3 guys have stepped into the studio to work on the same material. THERE IS STILL NO NEW MUSIC. 

CD 2 shit material doesn't count.

Some of you are falling for this BS IG.

Why can you not just answer the question if you are going to quote me you lout? I couldnt care less about any of the bollocks you just wrote. Perhaps you need to get banned from posting in this section once again?

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

These recordings are his own stuff, he just hashtagged GNR cause it sounds similar. 

If this guy was working in the studio where GNR were recording, Axl would have sued his ass for leaking GNR stuff.

I dont believe so obviously ripping off another singers voice and guitars (and lyrics) of another band is really plausible if he wants to release own stuff. Like what would be the point of that?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I dont believe so obviously ripping off another singers voice and guitars (and lyrics) of another band is really plausible if he wants to release own stuff. Like what would be the point of that?

He himself is a guitarist? 

Can't he record stuff with his friend? 

Its a bunch of people recording music and it sounds similar to GNR.

Thats it. 

• Like 1

Alright, my final analysis...

It is NOT Guns N Roses :(

After hearing that Chad Atkins guy sing GNR stuff, it does sound like him. With the effects in the clip, it does sound like Oh My God era Axl, probably the best imitators I heard. The guitarist really sounds like Slash, too.

However, too many red flags. When would GNR use a random producer who works with a GNR cover band? Why would that producer put ANY clips online if they did? Plus, if this band was working on new material, it would make sense to hash tag GNR related words sinice they are/were a GNR tribute band. The producer is then being cheeky with us fans because it builds mystique and gets our attention  (it worked)

The clips were cool, and today was the best speculation fun I've had since before the reunion, but I now am convinced it is not GNR. Best fake I have heard, though, and that is saying something considering there were tons of fakes in the Chinese days. These sound pretty modern and badass, what a new GNR record might sound like.

Anyways, I'd totally love to hear whatever these guys are working in down the line, sounds great!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Finally some logic.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He said he wants to release it when everybody feels good about it. If it was just for the lulz recording then you'd have a point.

It won't be for the lulz?

People record music and work on it till they find it good and are satisfied about it.

Some of you are reading way too much in this. 

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Unless of course the leaks are actually put out by GnR management themselves to build underground buzz.

I'm still wondering why these snippets showed up on this forum a couple weeks after they were posted? 

I'm not throwing my hat in either ring, I'm just saying I'm keeping an open mind. There's been a whole new style of promotion going on since Slash said "it's very cool actually"... :shrugs:

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

After hearing that Chad Atkins guy sing GNR stuff, it does sound like him. With the effects in the clip, it does sound like Oh My God era Axl, probably the best imitators I heard. The guitarist really sounds like Slash, too.

However, too many red flags. When would GNR use a random producer who works with a GNR cover band? Why would that producer put ANY clips online if they did? Plus, if this band was working on new material, it would make sense to hash tag GNR related words sinice they are/were a GNR tribute band. The producer is then being cheeky with us fans because it builds mystique and gets our attention  (it worked)

The clips were cool, and today was the best speculation fun I've had since before the reunion, but I now am convinced it is not GNR. Best fake I have heard, though, and that is saying something considering there were tons of fakes in the Chinese days. These sound pretty modern and badass, what a new GNR record might sound like.

Anyways, I'd totally love to hear whatever these guys are working in down the line, sounds great!

Pretty much this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Unless of course the leaks are actually put out by GnR management themselves to build underground buzz.

I'm still wondering why these snippets showed up on this forum a couple weeks after they were posted? 

I'm not throwing my hat in either ring, I'm just saying I'm keeping an open mind. There's been a whole new style of promotion going on since Slash said "it's very cool actually"... :shrugs:

I don't think so its put out by the GNR management. 

It showed up after a couple of weeks on here cause no one knows this guy and someone by chance would have found it cause of those hashtags. 

Whatever these people are recording, its sounds really cool, sadly its not GNR, but it sounds very similar and would to love hear some stuff. 

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why can you not just answer the question if you are going to quote me you lout? I couldnt care less about any of the bollocks you just wrote. Perhaps you need to get banned from posting in this section once again?

This is not GNR, and the fact that you think Axl could not record better vocals, or that "some lines sound straight out of UYI" is laughable and not worthy of a response.  I bet if you knew from the start that this song was recorded by some unknown band, you wouldn't be saying all these good things about it. The same crap happened with CD. 

Only weak minded people ask for others to be banned. 

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

You have made great points. I am on the fence now too. It has been brought up that perhaps he is not the producer, but the mixer, which would make a lot more sense if it was real. What makes me undecided now are some of the vocals which are straight UYI era Axl mid range rasp, which I did not hear him use once this entire tour, but IF it was some CD2 stuff we wouldnt know when the vocal tracks were actually recorded.

I seriously could not see Axl recording vocals like this in 2016. He has last used this certain voice in 2010.

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This is not GNR, and the fact that you think Axl could not record better vocals, or that "some lines sound straight out of UYI" is laughable and not worthy of a response.  I bet if you knew from the start that this song was recorded by some unknown band, you wouldn't be saying all these good things about it. The same crap happened with CD. 

Only weak minded people ask for others to be banned. 

I am not saying good stuff about the leaks, I am saying Axl would not record with this voice again because he has not used it once this year. If you dont hear it in the clip I just posted you dont have a clue about vocals. And I didnt "ask", I just put the question out there that perhaps that would save us from your relentless trolling not only on this forum but in the chat aswell. Learn to read.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

The argument could be made, baring in mind I don't think this is real at all, that artists often sing better in the studio than they ever do live, whether it's through studio techniques, rigorous vocal warm ups before each section of a song, or just the fact that a live setting is much different to a studio one. So I wouldn't say Axl could never record vocals like that, but I still don't think these are real at all. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

The more I think about it, the more it seems like a hoax. 

It is a Hoax.

Just check out his Instagram profile, he is a guitarist and he produces/mixes songs. 

He just hashtagged GNR, he would be a big GNR fan and is just working on a album which sounds similar to GNR. 

• Like 2

He wrote a song called Lucid Illusions, the write up.

"Guitarist and composer Stephen Chesney delivers an unabashed and unashamed nod to Vintage style Guns N' Roses and Slash himself. Written and recorded to showcase the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 signature pickups"

He is using the hashtags on his instagrams as a publicity ploy, coming across as a bit of a fanboy!

12 minutes ago, Archtop said:

"Guitarist and composer Stephen Chesney delivers an unabashed and unashamed nod to Vintage style Guns N' Roses and Slash himself. Written and recorded to showcase the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 signature pickups"

He is using the hashtags on his instagrams as a publicity ploy, coming across as a bit of a fanboy!

Book him Dan-O. Case closed. 

To the bar

18 minutes ago, Archtop said:

You sir, are a hero. Still would love to hear these songs just like the others. If we actually ever get to know where this will be released with him being so evasive. But I sadly got excited that Axl seemed to have gotten his UYI voice back, astleast in the studio. Now I dont know what to expect. Hopefully even better stuff?

So it continues.

if this tunes out to be fake, i'll totally admit i was wrong. i just really want it to be real. there are parts of the some of the vocals that sound EXACTLY like axl. if that's a tribute singer... then he deserves a medal. seems really weird to me that a tribute band would actually attempt original music in the style of the band.. sort of like imagining what GNR would sound like today.

On September 2, 2016 at 4:27 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

There are some similarities, and i would be half-convinced if i could find anything much connecting this Stephen Chesney to Guns. As it stands though, all i found is one relationship he has with a former Guns N' Roses producer. On the other hand, Stephen has, in the past, promoted tools to assist guitarists in sounding like Slash. He is also friends with Chad Atkins, a lead singer for a Guns N' Roses tribute band, and has made rock music with him in the past. So the evidence seems to weigh in favour of these clips being fake. That said, Michael Starr, the lead singer for Steel Panther, commented on one of the clips saying that Axl sounds amazing. So, who knows.

That makes way more sense. If he is friends with a GnR tribute band. And is showing clips they sort of sound like Axl. And the fact The Beta hasn't had his information shit down. 

More than likely this is the tribute band trying to take advantage of the currently popularity of GnR.