NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

Don't expect much of the interview. Through the newspaper notes you can see the kind of conversation. It will certainly be an interview about amenities. Below I try to translate the contents of the note.

>> Behind the scenes interview with the leader of Guns N 'Roses, Axl Rose for the Fantastic. Álvaro Pereira (journalist) heard more Portuguese than English. It's the rock star, 54, he said that his life is "totally" controlled by a Brazilian family.
The leader of the group, Mrs. Beta, 58, is the secretary and "nanny" Axl is 26 years. "This Brazilian family controls my life, hit me, makes me do things." Joked the singer. <<

2016-09-03.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

Então, meus pensamentos estão agora confirmadas .. 

Pobre, pobre Axl ... 

I agree that he probably heard the Lebeis. However, I disagree that he suffers from it. Honestly, for most people do not like the Lebeis, Axl likes. He says Lebeis "control" his life, but he says it playing. I don't see what the problem is his answer to a request for a Brazilian station. After all, Brazil is probably one of the countries with the highest number of Guns fans. Brazilian TV (Rede Globo) is one of the world's largest. And if those he considered his "family" are Brazilians, I think natural and normal that he has a special affection. I don't see why say 'poor Axl ".

Guys, I think that every person has the right to think what they want. However, I think some people exaggerate to "condemn" the Lebeis. It is obvious that Axl is making a joke. I'm glad that Axl has found people he trusts and loves. I don't know why so many people think the Lebeis are profiteers. I honestly think we should just believe that Axl is able to decide. If he is happy with the family he chose, if he trusts Lebeis. Anyway. Who are we to judge?

45 minutes ago, Mayroses said:

After all, Brazil is probably one of the countries with the highest number of Guns fans. Brazilian TV (Rede Globo) is one of the world's largest. 

Cool with the fact that you want to say good things about Brazil but please do not underestimate other countries... Brazil is not one of the countries with the highest number of GnR fans... Yes, Brazil is huge and there are a lot of GnR fans there, but so in every other country in Latin America and any other continent. 

As for Brazilian Globo TV... Globo is surely Brazil's most powerful TV network, but is not even close to the top 10 worldwide. Maybe one day but not on these days. 

PS: Not here to talk about "which country loves GnR more" - that would be too ridiculous as should be no distinctions - as well as for talking about TV networks but just to clarify some facts. PEACE AND LOVE and lets watch the interview tomorrow ;)

Edited by ACDC8
typo

16 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

Legal com o fato de que você quer dizer coisas boas sobre o Brasil, mas por favor, não subestime outros países ... O Brasil não é um dos países com o maior número de fãs GNR ... Sim, o Brasil é enorme e há um monte de fãs de GNR lá, mas assim que em qualquer outro país na América Latina e qualquer outro continente. 

Quanto a TV Globo brasileira ... Globo é certamente rede de TV mais poderosa do Brasil, mas não é nem perto do top 10 em todo o mundo. Talvez um dia, mas não nestes dias. 

PS: Não aqui para falar sobre "qual país ama GNR mais" - o que seria ridículo demais são deve haver distinções -, bem como para falar sobre redes de TV, mas apenas para esclarecer alguns fatos. Paz e amor e permite assistir a entrevista amanhã;)

I never said that Brazil is better. I just said is one of the countries that has the largest number of fans. I didn't say that the other countries don't have fans. And have many Guns fans doesn't make Brazil the best country in the world. So I not criticize any other country for that. About Rede Globo. It's bad as most major television networks in the world. I just said that it's bigger. I didn't invent it. According to the data, Rede Globo is second only in size to the ABC.  I didn't say that Globo is good, she just said is large in size.. Anyway, I'm not arguing or disputing anything. I'm just presenting my point of view. I think there is no reason to argue. It's just an exchange of idea. I'm not here to offend anyone. If you felt offended. Sorry, but it was your interpretation.

Edited by Mayroses
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mayroses said:

I never said that Brazil is better. I just said is one of the countries that has the largest number of fans. I didn't say that the other countries don't have fans. And have many Guns fans doesn't make Brazil the best country in the world. So I not criticize any other country for that. About Rede Globo. It's bad as most major television networks in the world. I just said that it's great. I didn't invent it. According to the data, Rede Globo is second only in size to the ABC. I'm not saying it's good for it. Anyway, I'm not arguing or disputing anything. I'm just presenting my point of view. I think there is no reason to argue. It's just an exchange of idea. I'm not here to offend anyone. If you felt offended. Sorry, but it was your interpretation.

Same here - not here to offend anyone - and you haven't offended me so no worries ;) 

As for Globo TV - don't want to be the stubborn here but just to clarify - they are now listed as the second one in "annual revenue" but this doesn't put them between the most watched ones worldwide. Moving on as this is not a tv network group discussion and let's only enjoy whatever the boys recorded for tomorrow :) 

20 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

Same here - not here to offend anyone - and you haven't offended me so no worries ;) 

As for Globo TV - don't want to be the stubborn here but just to clarify - they are now listed as the second one in "annual revenue" but this doesn't put them between the most watched ones worldwide. Moving on as this is not a tv network group discussion and let's only enjoy whatever the boys recorded for tomorrow :) 

Glad to know that you are not offended, because it was not even my intention :)

And - of course - this is not a discussion of TV networks. I just said I wasn't surprised by the fact that Axl concender an interview with a Brazilian TV. He must have his reasons. I hope you have understood me. I don't think any people or country is better than others. hugs from Brazil :headbang:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Sweet as! I pray they talk about new music

If they do, I wonder what the timeline would be for a new album, or at least a teaser of a new single. They're touring a lot now, although they are on a break at the moment, and Axl's doing ACDC. When would they have time to get it together:shrugs: ?

3 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

So my thoughts are now confirmed.. 

Poor, poor Axl... 

He's just being sarcastic. Dont get your hopes up.

2 hours ago, Mayroses said:

I never said that Brazil is better. I just said is one of the countries that has the largest number of fans.

how did you arrive to that conclusion? Did you go surveying every person of every country in the world? :question:

1 hour ago, Mayroses said:

I just said I wasn't surprised by the fact that Axl concender an interview with a Brazilian TV. He must have his reasons.

Probably because the Southamerican leg of the NITL tour is next in GN'R schedule and Brazil happens to be the country in Southamerica with most shows they are going to play at.

Pure promotional purposes.

13 hours ago, emybdc said:

LOL I love it when you guys make fun of our laughs UEHUEHUEHUEHUEH (that's my favorite)

Haha could you please explain me what's with that "kkkkkkkkkk" laugh? I've always been really intrigued about it.

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Sorry, but I had to post this here. Credit goes to @Lumikki

idiots_1.jpg

dietplans.jpg

Oh God, gotta love people's imagination for these things! :lol:

3 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Of course he thinks that he doesn't suffer from it - he loves them - but having your life totally controlled by others it is sad, very very sad specially if you're a very successful and brilliant individual without your own family (I'm taking about a real wife and kids that really care about you and are not PAID to care about you). Yes, POOR AXL. 

Axl´s brother is without family too. It´s a destiny. I think Axl is happy with brazilian family. It´s his life and his decision.

Just now, Ota said:

Axl´s brother is without family too. It´s a destiny. I think Axl is happy with brazilian family. It´s his life and his decision.

And Beta not 58 years.

3 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Of course he thinks that he doesn't suffer from it - he loves them - but having your life totally controlled by others it is sad, very very sad specially if you're a very successful and brilliant individual without your own family (I'm taking about a real wife and kids that really care about you and are not PAID to care about you). Yes, POOR AXL. 

Axl is "brilliant?" How so? One of the best rock singers of all time - no doubt. Unique song writer - yes.  But didn't he drop out of high school, and never attended college. How come you consider him to be brilliant?

Why would it be more sad for somebody who is successful in their field of work? Axl lives in a mansion, has tens of millions of dollars of disposable income, and can bang or hang out with pretty much anybody he wants. Somebody who isn't success can't do any of that stuff. The poor guy is probably way more sad and lonely than a multi-millionaire celebrity who is loved by millions. One guy goes to his tiny apartment alone and watches Netflix on a Friday night. Axl hops in his lambo, gets fawned on whenever he goes, parties in the VIP room with Lana Del Ray and Nick Cage, and then brings home twin sisters who are models.

Maybe Axl doesn't want to get married and have kids and is perfectly happy having a "paid" family. I know people who have no interest in every getting married or having kids and they are perfectly happy. Why do you assume Axl is very sad about not having a wife? He might like the freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and to bang 21-year old hotties a couple times a week. 

Poor Axl? Dude is living a life that most people can only dream of. 

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

If Axl is honestly whipped by his adoptive Brazilian family, he needs to nut up and get out of that situation and surround himself with more positive influences

Hell, Duff can adopt him :awesomeface:

yes, he should go back to the security and stability of life before the beta family.

that was a ....positive time.

11 hours ago, jpduff said:

Believe in me: we won't get some interesting information. Fantastico's interviews are commonly short and  superficial. Trust me, I'm brazilian. ;)

As long as they talk about plans and the time table for new music, the rest can be as superficial as chatting about the weather. 

1 hour ago, Mararoyce said:

If they do, I wonder what the timeline would be for a new album, or at least a teaser of a new single. They're touring a lot now, although they are on a break at the moment, and Axl's doing ACDC. When would they have time to get it together:shrugs: ?

They will tour the shit out of the Not in this lifetime tour. They will be in Europe and probably USA arena tour for whole 2017 so we will not hear any new stuff until 2018 for sure.

11 hours ago, AxlCole said:

"1. When and where Axl and Slash met face to face after so many years "

I have the answer to that.  Someone I know spoke to Slash backstage at one of the shows and according to him, the first voice-to-voice contact was made with Axl calling Slash.  The first face-to-face contact was then made with Slash going to Axl's house for dinner.

Anyway, a couple of thoughts: Slash is probably sitting the interview out for two reasons.  1. Because he really doesn't like to be interviewed, and Axl and Duff are more suitable for talking to the press.  2. Because, like others here have noted, the first interview... if there is to be one... with both Axl and Slash together will probably be, and should be, a bigger thing, so they're purposely holding out until then.

Also, the absolute _best_ venue in terms of reach, importance, influence, and what you'll get in terms of depth of interview would be The Howard Stern Show.  His interviews are legendary, and he very often gets his subjects to talk about things they won't talk about elsewhere, and then many of those revelations are picked up from other huge news outlets.  He's by far the best interviewer out there and Slash has been on several times over the years, and Duff has been on at least once. 

:wub:

Can I post this on tumblr? :D

4 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This pretty much confirms that Axl is still fucked up. He is still controlled by the Brazilian family?

I guess if it weren't for them shoving his mouth with a shitload of medications we probably wouldn't have had a smooth run "reunion" tour. Then again, I blame them for a lot of the shit that happened with Axl's fake band over the years. I still can't forget about the time when Beta had to inspect Eddie Trunk's studio to see if it had any evil spirits before Axl was allowed to give his 2006 interview. 

I believe we would have had a reunion tour a long time ago if it weren't for Beta.

Really???? Seriously???? :blink:

• Like 1

On 03/09/2016 at 10:40 PM, Crazyman said:

I think during the live show clip the guy said "Houston"...so I'm assuming it was there.

transcription of the TV AD:

-----------------------------------------------

Presenter: The reunion that fans asked the heavens

Reporter: For the first time in over 20 years, 2 original members of GNR sit for an interview

Presenter: It's historic, it's "Fantastico" (name of the show), sunday, folowing "Faustão" (name of another show), see you there

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, no, he didn't mention Houston :P

3 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This pretty much confirms that Axl is still fucked up. He is still controlled by the Brazilian family?

I guess if it weren't for them shoving his mouth with a shitload of medications we probably wouldn't have had a smooth run "reunion" tour. Then again, I blame them for a lot of the shit that happened with Axl's fake band over the years. I still can't forget about the time when Beta had to inspect Eddie Trunk's studio to see if it had any evil spirits before Axl was allowed to give his 2006 interview. 

I believe we would have had a reunion tour a long time ago if it weren't for Beta.

WTF!:crazy: