Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Werent you the one who was crying that he couldnt go to tokyo?

Now jumping on the anti-axl bandwagon?

Who? Me or Izzy? 

I am going to Tokyo, I even bought the ticket to the shows, I love the band, so I will go watch them anywhere in the world I feel like to?

If I have an opinion about Axl or Izzy or Slash, it doesn't means I hate them.

I don't know them personally, neither do you.

I like them for the music which they made and I assume you do too?

Over the years I have opinions about Axl's band, but I went to see his solo band, I went to see Slash too, I went to see Adlers Appetite. If the music is good, then why not? I even like TIL, Better, The Blues and Madagascar. 

If Izzy is "Complaining" about something it won't stop me to see a band which plays that music. 

@ZoSoRose went to see 2 or 3 shows this year, if he agrees with Izzy, it doesn't means he hates the band and won't go to the shows he even saw Axl/DC, I prefer Brian, but If I get a chance, then why not? (Btw Im still jealous of him that he met Axl). 

• Like 1

On September 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, I'll not be going to see gnr. 

I was planning on attending the MetLife shows but after finding out there was no izzy or Steven, I backed out. A buddy of mine and I were pumped but, not a real reunion and I'm not investing my cash into this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pink Rose said:

This is why these cowards aren't doing interviews.  They know there are no real reasons to keep Izzy out.  They don't want to admit to the fans that it's their own egos, greed, corruptness and  selfishness that are screwing over their brothers Izzy and Steven.  That's why the only thing Axl could come up with is "I don't know what to say about Izzy."  He isn't dare gonna say the truth "Well, I want all the money for myself."

Well at 50% he's certainly getting it. No wonder he's been looking happier.

• Like 1

I think the three guitar thing may also be a bigger factor than we realise.

Some don't want to believe DJ, but I do. This may be another reason why Izzy is not on board. He wants to be the full-time rhythm guitarist, not share duties with Fortus.

Edited by Babooshka

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I was planning on attending the MetLife shows but after finding out there was no izzy or Steven, I backed out. A buddy of mine and I were pumped but, not a real reunion and I'm not investing my cash into this. 

I wouldn't pay money to see them even with Izzy and Adler. They are all old farts now. Rather stick with the footage from 30 years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Who? Me or Izzy? 

I am going to Tokyo, I even bought the ticket to the shows, I love the band, so I will go watch them anywhere in the world I feel like to?

If I have an opinion about Axl or Izzy or Slash, it doesn't means I hate them.

I don't know them personally, neither do you.

I like them for the music which they made and I assume you do too?

Over the years I have opinions about Axl's band, but I went to see his solo band, I went to see Slash too, I went to see Adlers Appetite. If the music is good, then why not? I even like TIL, Better, The Blues and Madagascar. 

If Izzy is "Complaining" about something it won't stop me to see a band which plays that music. 

@ZoSoRose went to see 2 or 3 shows this year, if he agrees with Izzy, it doesn't means he hates the band and won't go to the shows he even saw Axl/DC, I prefer Brian, but If I get a chance, then why not? (Btw Im still jealous of him that he met Axl). 

I'm jealous of myself! Lol. Yeah, you can love something and still not agree with everything

20 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I wouldn't pay money to see them even with Izzy and Adler. They are all old farts now. Rather stick with the footage from 30 years ago. 

Your loss!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Age is only a number young one. They still all play and sound amazing. Life is just too short, and the original lineup from appetite should all be involved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Age is only a number young one. They still all play and sound amazing. Life is just too short, and the original lineup from appetite should all be involved. 

I agree they should not be squabbling. But I'm not gonna shell out a ton of money to see them in their 50's. I would shell out an insane amount of money for a time machine trip back to 1986.

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

LOL:rofl-lol:

I would pay to see those old farts but it has to be AFD5, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

At the moment I'm doing fine with periscope and youtube.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Whats all the talk about Duff the business wizard? He made good on some shares & went to business school? He was reportedly (before the tour obviously) worth slightly more than crack head Adler, Izzy & Slash worth considerably more. Can someone full me in? 

Not that I care, but yea. I see no business wizard (those are very very rare and you never hear of them).

Just some guy touting business "common sense" in an environment that should have little to nothing to do with it. Bah. Integrity and artistic endeavor should be top priority.

Ain't GNR without Izzy and Steve. END OF STORY.

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Fucking good point. And you know it ;)

Still, I'd try and go see GNR (AFD5 fro those who still don't get it....) if it happened. But only in that case.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 10:04 AM, Tom2112 said:

...Yeh, but then they went right back to the new guys! KISS love money more than life itself!

Kiss did the reunion for a little over four years with the original guys.
Not quite a quick cash grab and run.

50 minutes ago, Zint said:

Doc should also get some credit for the GNR reunion. Snake Sabo (from Skid Row and still friendly with Sebastian) was also Duff's tour manager and worked under McGhee. It wasn't a coincidence that Axl and Duff wound up staying in the same hotel when they reconnected.

1 hour ago, Zint said:

I didn't say it was a quick cash grab. To condense it, I basically said trying to recreate what was once great didn't work out for them and they split in a relatively short time. Financially it was good for them, but that's it. If you listen to any of the guys talking about it now they are all still extremely bitter and regret doing it. I can't guarantee that, that would be the case with GnR but it is quite likely given the strained relationships of the past.

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl isn't above my critique (I just though it was so obvious that it was pointless mentioning it... obviously not), he's been the most unprofessional ember of GnR from day 1. Still in present day, he seems to have his shit together and is acting professionally. When Izzy or any other member show that they have their shit together my opinion of them will change accordingly. 

The rest of your points were skewed or just plain inaccurate, that's why I countered each point.

When was the last time Steven acted unprofessional? I don't think it's fair to call him unprofessional if a few months of good behavior are enough to change the opinion on Axl. I think both of them are doing great at this point.

Also, Izzy left on August 31st after GNR's last european date, the next date was 3 months later. That doesn't sound unprofessional to me. You couldn't expect him to stay there until July of 1993 being part of the longest tour ever. I think he gave them enough time to replace him.

• Like 3

You did say they went "right back" to the new guys.

You also said they love money more than life itself.

I just mentioned that the original guys stayed together for 4 years and three tours, even if it was for that which they love more than life itself.

As for trying to recreate what was once great didn't work out for them, I witnessed a rabid fan base at a sold out Tiger Stadium in '96 that would likely disagree with you.
That crowd roared just as loud as anything I heard at the Toronto GnR show this summer, as well as the many other Kiss shows I saw during the 3 tours with the original guys in Canada and the U.S.

What both bands have in common with reunion / semi-but-not-really reunions is giving their fan base a real treat and a hell of a good time. In that, both have been quite successful.

In essence, it rejuvenated interest in the careers of both bands on a greater scale. Which has worked out quite well for Kiss.

What the reunion means for GnR at the end of the day, I dunno...maybe we'll see in four years. ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jane M. said:

LOL:rofl-lol:

I would pay to see those old farts but it has to be AFD5, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

At the moment I'm doing fine with periscope and youtube.

If you hate them not having Izzy so much why are you watching them on periscope and youtube?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

So why are you then wasting your time talking about them? Makes no fucking sense :jerkoff:

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Cause thats what tro.lls do

I love GN'R music. Still listen to it pretty much every day. My reason for not wanting to pay to see them is fear of a letdown. I watch footage of them in their prime and I see possibly the best rock band ever. 

Edited by GNRfan2008

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I love GN'R music. Still listen to it pretty much every day. My reason for not wanting to pay to see them is fear of a letdown. I watch footage of them in their prime and I see possibly the best rock band ever. 

I feel you, I managed to move on from this myself. I just found it was a sad existence to live in the past, not just music, but other parts of life aswell. It just depressed me, all these shows from the 80s or 70s I couldnt attend. So stoked to finally see them in Europe next year (Im 22 so I finally get to see the band I spent hours watching in my youth for the first time). Watched pretty much every show on periscope except for a few

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I feel you, I managed to move on from this myself. I just found it was a sad existence to live in the past, not just music, but other parts of life aswell. It just depressed me, all these shows from the 80s or 70s I couldnt attend. So stoked to finally see them in Europe next year (Im 22 so I finally get to see the band I spent hours watching in my youth for the first time). Watched pretty much every show on periscope except for a few

Main thing about the reunion to me is that it's great to see Slash and Axl no longer at each other's throats. The feud was really dumb in the first place and a sad waste of talent in their late prime (mid-90's to early 2000's).

I am also very happy for all the fans who have wanted to see Slash play the likes of November Rain or Estranged or Coma again. He has certainly lived up to the hype on those songs during this tour from the YouTube evidence I've seen. 

That said, it is sad that they are now sort of feuding with Izzy. He was the one guy who was friends with the other 4 during the dark days. And now it seems Izzy is the outcast of the bunch. Sad to see it play out that way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

When was the last time Steven acted unprofessional? I don't think it's fair to call him unprofessional if a few months of good behavior are enough to change the opinion on Axl. I think both of them are doing great at this point.

Also, Izzy left on August 31st after GNR's last european date, the next date was 3 months later. That doesn't sound unprofessional to me. You couldn't expect him to stay there until July of 1993 being part of the longest tour ever. I think he gave them enough time to replace him.

longest tour, Bon Jovi have that record actually. 

I don't know all the facts, nor do I claim to know it all (I'm not an authority on all things GnR History). But Axl has obviously been acting professional since some time in 2014. He wasn't messing around in Vegas and he obviously managed to organise a reunion tour. 

I'd also like to point out the obvious here, and that is  - the main guy (Axl) being a bit unprofessional is passable! he's the money maker! The drummer that only hardcore fans know / care about starts messing up? not so passable. If Steven Adler meant more money, then even if he was a complete mess he'd be on that drum stool. And If Izzy meant more money for GnR, then he would also have been able to get a better deal negotiated. 

• Like 1

I read they offered Izzy 5 figures.

Anyway, not to dis Izzy but Richard Fortus is an amazing guitar player and he held his own doing a duet with Slash.

I think this new/reunion version of GNR is the best since the original lineup.

Yeah, Izzy and Steven were missed, but the other musicians are first class too.

Damn wish someone would offer me 5 figures lol