Chesney/Atkins (Definitely NOT Guns N' Roses) - Full Tune

1418Music

Thanks everyone  - Its on my Facebook page now, if you like it and don't mind doing so it'd be SUPER appreciated if you'd post it and share it, hey I had to ask! -

Its a public post at https://www.facebook.com/StephenChesney so it should be pretty easy to share...er...if you want to :).

@Slash787 & @youngswedishvinyl - Thanks for the feedback on that demo. That was the first song we wrote together as part of this little experiment. It was written via email between Chads house and my kitchen at the time haha. I put 2013 on the video but realized it was actually around Feb of 2012...so thats definitely an older one.

Oh and @Apollo - Thanks, I'm glad you thought so. We actually have a few ballads, Moving On (the clip at the end of Vehicular Blues) was my wannabe version of Estranged...so thats a long song, we also have another which I believe was called Augusta, i'll need to find that (Hey, I told you its been years lol).

Seriously, thanks for all the positive feedback thus far. After all the nonsense with how anyone found out about this I wasn't sure what the hell to expect the feedback to be. Much appreciated everyone.

I'll be working on some more if I have time today... this one is pretty ridiculous... if you liked this one I'm pretty sure you'll freak over the next lol (hopefully).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1418Music said:

Thats Vehicular Blues, the full song I posted.

It was a much rougher mix, but seems cooler because it has the little video clip haha.

lol im so dumb, it is indeed the same song, but yeah it sounded different cause of the mix.

I hope the ballad at the end of the video is up next. 

You really have amazing stuff man. 

Ha, No biggy. 

Moving On will take some work as if we're gonna release that I believe we'd want to re-record the whole thing as I think we're both proud as hell of that song, which is weird given that (i know i'm beating a dead horse) we never were gonna release it again. It *USED* to be on iTunes, years ago. Oh and thanks for liking the stuff, here's hoping it spreads a bit and that everyone else that hears it all doesn't hate it lol.

The one i'll probably finish next for now is this one: 

Edited by 1418Music
  • Like 1

Sounds great! And it would be really great to hear the full song Moving On, it sounds awesome!

How many songs in the style of GNR did you and Chad write/record?

And don't worry about having caused a little confusion on this board with some people actually thinking this was GNR. Nobody is mad because of that and nobody will dislike your songs because of that. It's great to have new music that sounds similar to GNR (especially because there is no new music from GNR in sight) and you're the one providing us with that music, lol. Great to have you here and your work is really appreciated!

Well thank you bro, I've tried to be as transparent as possible since I found out so that I could try and clear up the whole "leak" mess as confusing people was never the intention, hopefully thats rang true with people, so i'm glad everyone likes the music so far.

At last count I think we'd got 10 or 11 in various stages of completion, but, we did quite a lot and then I think we just sorta stopped, especially when I started getting busier out here as a guitarist. I'm more known here for playing Eddie and Vai licks than I am for playing Slash stuff lol, so this was always my getaway even beforehand when I was still working in an office.

Fully completed I think we have right now probably about 6. Now, Completed in this sense just means the old demo versions lol, not newly mixed etc. We have a good few though, if we finish it we'd have enough for a full length, but as is we have enough for a very long EP at worst. What we'd do with it I don't know, I did see a tribute band out there called Glocks N' Tulips though, so I guess there's always that.....

yyeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh....

No disrespect to 'em, i'm sure they're great...but that name.... lol

Edited by 1418Music

21 hours ago, 1418Music said:

Ha, thank you dude. As a guitarist first and foremost (and given that I grew up watching the Tokyo VHS/DVDs RELIGIOUSLY from the age of about 6 lol) it means a lot that the guitar was also one of the things that made it sound GNR. Chad is SO "Axl" that the tracks wouldn't have that sound without him...but I try to hold my own in the Slash category lol.

That said, all an illusion. Just this guy :)

(as a side note; Vehicular Blues was born from the instrumental in that video :) )

Dude that sounds awesome. Makes me want to swap my 57 classics out for these haha

I'm still legitimately happy as fuck that everyone liked it (so far).

Thanks for the follow @Gunner55 and @ZoSoRose - i'd love to and I'm sure I can speak for Chad on that and say the same, but, without a label picking up two dudes who wrote some songs for shits n' giggles I don't think its something we'd be able to sink the money into to do so with other stuff going on.

....Now that said - if Axl wants to chip in to help out...

Nah, I didn't think that was likely either ;)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I would not even mind hearing the demo versions cause it sounds so good. 

Btw what is the name of that Cold heart breaker song?

Shallowford :)

And that is the only song where we used any GN'R Lyrics btw. It fits the subject matter and its only "i'm a cold heart breaker fit to burn..." thats where it ends...i'm working on that one in bits and pieces too. Phew.

Seeing as a few people have been curious about this one, This is still a demo but musically its mixed differently and the vocals are still the untouched (pretty much, except for some verb) demo vocals...

Remember, This is from THE DEMO lol.

So @Slash787 and anyone else curious; This is a clip from the second verse of Shallowford (but not all of the second verse, can't give all the surprises away) aka the "Cold heart breaker" clip lol.

Shallowford MyGNRForum Clip.mp3

(I tried to access the clip to make sure it uploaded and I don't have access, so, I hope you guys do :) )

Edited by 1418Music

3 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Seeing as a few people have been curious about this one, This is still a demo but musically its mixed differently and the vocals are still the untouched (pretty much, except for some verb) demo vocals...

So @Slash787 and anyone else curious; This is a clip from the second verse of Shallowford (but not all of the second verse, can't give all the surprises away) aka the "Cold heart breaker" clip lol.

(I tried to access the clip to make sure it uploaded and I don't have access, so, I hope you guys do :) )

Even Im not able to Access it.....

I guess you can't upload songs on here, you need to share it via youtube or megaupload or something. 

19 hours ago, 1418Music said:

You can try uploading to dropbox for this, I just got fired up clicking on this and then it cockblocked me

Nooooo

@StrangerInThisTown - I'll see what I can do, nice to know you got all fired up over it though lol.

@Alexhangman - Not one amp was used :) I used my Axe-FX 2 direct but tweaked the ever living hell out of it in programming to ever get that tone. Took forever. Oh and thank you for the comment on the song and Moving On! 

@default_ - Well damn, thats good news lol thank you! SUPER stoked people are digging it. I'm working on mixing another right now, but its been a busy few days. Will get more done tomorrow as things free up a bit.

I'm really happy at its response thus far. It'd be nice if Guns would just get to work on their own stuff ASAP - until then, at least there's a few songs that *sorta kinda* sound like them for us to put out lol.