Chesney/Atkins (Definitely NOT Guns N' Roses) - Full Tune

1418Music

I know this is probably going to look annoying (as it'll have two of our threads at the top of the forum) but I figured i'd post here too just because people would be notified (i guess?) the second tune is now up and on its own thread. Hopefully you'll like it!

• Like 1

Hey @Alexhangman - Maybe I should've just posted it on this thread rather than starting another, oops!

This is our 1986/88 Live like a Suicide/Lies type era tune, Adrenaline :) For anyone who hasn't heard it yet, Hope ya like it!

And for anyone on Facebook that might wanna share the Facebook link instead, its right here:

Edited by 1418Music

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All;

For anyone that gets an alert (I dont know who might haha) on this thread, I wanted to update you on something that I think is kinda cool - and I'm hoping you'll all love when its done.

So...that song at the end of Vehicular Blues...the clip of "Moving On" - As i've said before (I er, think) Chad and I were always very proud of that one...it was the first "attempt at a guns song" that we ever did back in 2012... The music itself I had to cut and paste from about 2 or 3 different songs I had to turn it into an actually arrangement that Chad could sing to.

Anyway here's the cool part.

I called in some friends to play on this one as this song is our This I Love meets Estranged meets November Rain. My buddy who was the main composer and MD for American Idol for a couple of seasons along with a ton of other TV shows that he wrote theme tunes for etc (and I say this not to name drop, but to let you know the quality of this thing...argh!) has done piano and a full orchestral arrangement for Moving On.....yussssssssss. This song we are re-recording from scratch, it deserved to be, so i'm really hoping everyone will like it when the time comes.

Listening to this one as i'm working on it is blowing my mind. I don't know if you'll think it sounds Guns or not.... but for what it is...if you thought the other stuff sounded like Guns, you're probably going to flip your shit over this. Its about 6 minutes long, has everything that you would want from a GNR epic....except, y'know, the actually being GNR thing haha. It also seems to be the song most people were very excited to hear the full version of when hearing the clip at the end of the other songs.

OK, shutting my mouth now. I just wanted to update anyone who cares...because even if its just to me, this is really, really fucking cool right now lol.

Hope all is well with everyone!

-S.

Edited by 1418Music
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

I get an alert haha:P

Sound really awesome man! I can't wait to hear it. It's the one I'm really looking forward to.

Any info on when we will hear it?

Thanks for your great work!

Thanks man :) Glad you got an alert haha. I'm glad you even remember it let alone look forward to it, so thats cool as hell.

I can't say for sure when...because it'd be a lie to tell you i've ever had to mix all these orchestral pieces before...so...this is gonna be trial and error haha.. But i'm working on it today and in all likelihood throughout the week. When it gets closer I'll at least post a clip or two even if they're super early/rough just to show whats happening in case it takes me a little bit to get it finished.

I listen to Vehicular Blues a lot. It's new GNR music after all (almost) :lol:

Take your time, I'm sure the result will be awesome. GNR fans are used to waiting for new music lol. And as long as it doesn't take you 14 years, like it took a certain band to release new music, it's all fine lol. :lol:

Edited by Harry Sunrise

5 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

I listen to Vehicular Blues a lot. It's new GNR music after all (almost) :lol:

Take your time, I'm sure the result will be awesome. GNR fans are used to waiting for new music lol. And as long as it doesn't take you 14 years, like it took a certain band to release new music, it's all fine lol. :lol:

haha, yeaaaaah...well technically seeing as this was written and demoed in 2012 its taken 4 years for this one....maybe I should just go the whole way and wait another 10....yeah, nah.

I'm thinkin anywhere from 7/14 days...and if its shorter than that, i'll count myself lucky as hell lol.

• Like 1

Psst, For anyone interested...and of course I could only upload iPhone quality...gotta keep some things to myself! :) here's a clip of just some of the piano and strings.... it'll sound rough because as i said - phone in front of speakers.

Still....

Working on Moving On all week :)

https://instagram.com/p/BL96Ar6hyVM/

• Like 1

Hi All (or anyone that sees this) :)

I wanted to share a small clip of whats coming along with Moving On. This is all rough demo stuff as i've been trying some things out, but, to see if there's still interest seeing as at one point around 2500 people on YouTube had convinced themselves this was a real Guns N Roses song, I am hoping someone may still wanna hear it anyway :)

This is the big ballad/wannabe Guns Epic type tune that was at the end of Vehicular Blues, and one of the early early demos from 2012 had a clip shared from my IG during that little weird period. I've put two links on it just because I'm not sure if its going to show the video on here automatically or not lol, if two show up, i'll fix it :).

Moving On - Early Clip

Edited by 1418Music

3 hours ago, 1418Music said:

I wanted to share a small clip of whats coming along with Moving On. This is all rough demo stuff as i've been trying some things out, but, to see if there's still interest seeing as at one point around 2500 people on YouTube had convinced themselves this was a real Guns N Roses song, I am hoping someone may still wanna hear it anyway :)

This is the big ballad/wannabe Guns Epic type tune that was at the end of Vehicular Blues, and one of the early early demos from 2012 had a clip shared from my IG during that little weird period. I've put two links on it just because I'm not sure if its going to show the video on here automatically or not lol, if two show up, i'll fix it :).

Moving On - Early Clip

Yeah man- sounds great! Speaking for myself- I'm interested in what you're doing. I love Vehicular Blues so I say keep em coming!  Thanks

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah man- sounds great! Speaking for myself- I'm interested in what you're doing. I love Vehicular Blues so I say keep em coming!  Thanks

Well, there's a bunch more tunes, so, thats the good news haha. 

This is the one I think we're both most proud of. Its a mixture of November Rain, This I Love and Estranged. Now please note; i'm not arrogantly saying that its good as them lol. I'm just saying its in the vain of those tunes.

14 hours ago, 1418Music said:

Moving On - Early Clip

Sounds fantastic. But i think you can make two versions of this beauty, rock version as classic ballad (without orchestra) and symphony version (with orchestra).

What about me, i like first version (when fans thought that it's GNR and Axl sing) more then this.

Edited by Alexhangman

8 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I've never understood how people are fooled by "fake" Axl/GNR songs- Axl's voice is so distinctive, none of the "fakes" sound anything like Axl.

@DR DOOM Well, Our stuff was supposed to be "in the style of" AND it was never supposed to even be released to the public for anyone to consider it a "fake." So, there's that lol. Axl is Axl, he is the man that will always be Axl. If you didn't see the story when I posted what had happened, basically we did it for ourselves a few years back and never intended it to circulate in such a way, and then we ended up at this point. For the two of us, it was an exercise to see if we could come close to writing and putting together something in that style, but now that its been taken and posted everywhere I think the best way to listen to the stuff is to almost consider it as "A tribute band that plays originals in the style of...." lol. Thats the only way I can make sense of it at this point.

@Alexhangman I wouldn't worry about liking the original clip you heard more than this just yet. What I posted is a SUPER early clip (as in, there's no final bass, guitars, the orchestral stuff isn't mixed, Vocals aren't mixed etc) and was filmed from in front of my system with the audio coming through my iPhone. Even though the old version was rough as hell too - it was still finished. So the clip that was circulated by whoever was from THAT finished version. Oh, and the part of the song that you heard was from a different part of the song, not what I just posted. So, just sit tight :)

Edited by 1418Music
Wanted to add a little :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On November 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Harry Sunrise said:

I hope not to annoy you, lol, but how is it going, man?

Listening to your little preview of Moving On on Instagram all the time, really great melodies :)

Damn, I got caught up in busy-ness the last few weeks so didn't even see that I had a notification about this! So sorry!

I'm waiting on one last thing and then going in to the final mixing stage, so, won't be too much longer (hopefully) now that the last few weeks have passed by! lol Either way I think everyone is going to be really happy with it... at least, i'm hoping! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...