Chesney/Atkins (Definitely NOT Guns N' Roses) - Full Tune

1418Music

1 hour ago, Harry Sunrise said:

Sounds really great. The melodies are so epic, can't wait to hear the finished product!:headbang:

Thanks man, and thanks for being so supportive of it. Hopefully it won't let ya down! :)

It currently weighs in at about 6 minutes 16 Seconds...so, it ain't Coma....but its up there lol.

45 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Thanks man, and thanks for being so supportive of it. Hopefully it won't let ya down! :)

It currently weighs in at about 6 minutes 16 Seconds...so, it ain't Coma....but its up there lol.

Was just wondering about this!  Thanks for the update. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, triad said:

Was just wondering about this!  Thanks for the update. :)

Glad to know its not been forgotten! Thank you!! :) 

Just got the final "Izzy" Guitar (or er...left guitar in this case) and bass finished. So now I have to do the right side "Slash" stuff and solos.. which i'll be writing on the fly as I have no idea what i'm gonna do with that part yet. oh boy.. no pressure :S

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2.12.2016 at 10:27 PM, 1418Music said:

Glad to know its not been forgotten! Thank you!! :) 

Just got the final "Izzy" Guitar (or er...left guitar in this case) and bass finished. So now I have to do the right side "Slash" stuff and solos.. which i'll be writing on the fly as I have no idea what i'm gonna do with that part yet. oh boy.. no pressure :S

How is it going, man? :)

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, 1418Music said:

Hola!

Holy crap, has it been that long? sorry I kept you waiting on a reply lol.

For anyone still following or who may or may not give a flying damn - Moving On should be done at the end of this coming week :)

Stephen

Looking forward to this!

• Like 1

OK so i'm an ass because I didn't include the vocals (ha) and its from my cell phone mic in front of my studio monitors, but thought i'd show a bit of how its coming along, even though the quality won't do it justice...thats sorta the point in the mean time :D hehe

Seeing as links from IG don't want to work, here's 60 seconds of instrumental from Moving On.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR9Sedbj8xu/
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ack, sorry all! - Delay delay delay delay delay delay delay.

Hey, I learned from the best (here's looking at you Axl...)

Moving On is finally (nearly...ish) done. Its worth the wait, its coming out way better than I imagined it could when I said i'd finish it...yeesh...even i'm excited about it.

I've posted a couple of clips on Instagram from my iPhone, but nothing studio quality has been posted yet. Still, i'll keep you all posted (or try to do better anyway) because this one may well be worth it, hopefully!

@AslatIE - You kick ass, but you already know this :)

In the mean time, there's this....

Edited by 1418Music
Stupid Instagram embedding.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

These constant delays make it only more similar to real GNR music. :lol: Is "soon" the word? :lol:

Axl in 1997: Trying to figure out how to sound like Guns N'Roses, without Guns N'Roses.

Stephen and Chad in 2017: Trying to figure out how to sound like Guns N'Roses, without Guns N'Roses.

Just trying to keep it authentic bro haha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

It feels so real. So I'm expecting the song to come out in 2028, right? But hopefully there will be a leak in 2026 :lol:

HA!

Well, here's hoping you're not disappointed when it leaks...

.....in 2026 :D

I really am working as fast as I can, just schedule clashing with other studio work etc etc. Its REALLY been worth starting from the ground up though...once I realized what I had to work with (shhhh, I got a real drummer on it rather than me programming it this time ;) ) along with Michael, the MD from American Idol that I mentioned previously, it really needed to be done to do it justice. That way, if everyone thinks it sucks - at least I know that every single bit of thought and work that could go into it - went into it.

So, i'm excited, and truly hoping everyone likes it after making everyone wait.

• Like 2

Guitar Solos tomorrow - then maybe a few tweaks here and there (adding some production-y type stuff....blame Axl.... sooooo many layers... fkn genius) - and then mix time.

So, on the way toward done as the Vocals are already finished, just gotta fly them in.

Pondering filming some clips of doing "the Slash stuff"on the solos for Instagram, but seems a bit egotistical to do so seeing as, ya know...i'm not anywhere near being Slash. We'll see.

" I don't know if 'soon' is the word... "

(....but Soonish is pretty close ;) )

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 3:26 AM, 1418Music said:

Hi all :)

Crap almighty, I haven't posted a thing since May? Jesus.

Anyway, for anyone still interested - the whole project ended up going into a major recording facility and working with one of Linkin Park/Stone Sours engineers (as I said a few posts back) difference being its not just the mix, we went in and did all drum tracks for a full length record...so... yeah, there's 10 of these things gonna come out lol. End game is March at this point...being realistic given the amount of work I have to do on it, ack...

Aaaaanyway, for anyone interested and that remembers whats going on with all this: heres a very early, very rough, very unmixed clip of one of the unheard tunes :) - Everything you hear here is A. on an iPhone mic and B. not final versions...but, at least shows something has actually been going on after all :D

Ill check this out when you're done! Post here in march!

• 1 year later...