Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

17 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I defend Axl on basically everything but if the guy wasn't paid, he wasn't paid, it doesn't matter if you think he's a tool or not. I know people will just say he's being spiteful but if he was on good terms with Axl and in the band he'd be more likely to let the money slide and keep on waiting for it than he would be now that he's been turfed. 

Yeah but what surprise me a lot is he waited 4 or 5 years to sue..Why didn`t he demand  before? It is weird. If the band wasn`t pay him ok. Anyhow, I think is the management  of GNR the responsible, I guess. 

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

Just now, Juliette said:

Yeah but what surprise me a lot is he waited 4 or 5 years to sue..Why didn`t he demand  before? It is weird. If the band wasn`t pay him ok. Anyhow, I think is the manager of GNR the responsible, I guess. 

THIS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Maybe he was at Axl's house last year to ask for the payment. 

Axl would have gone like "Nahhhh, later, Mow the lawn first!"

This meeting at Axls house was also pretty weird if Pitman really didn't know about the reunion...

Just now, Juliette said:

Yeah but what surprise me a lot is he waited 4 or 5 years to sue..Why didn`t he demand  before? It is weird. If the band wasn`t pay him ok. Anyhow, I think is the manager of GNR the responsible, I guess. 

Maybe doing Axl a favor "for the good of the band", maybe didn't want to get on Axl's bad side and be thrown out of the band all together. Now that he's been thrown out of the band this might be the only way he feels he can get his money. 

Just now, maxpax said:

This meeting at Axls house was also pretty weird if Pitman really didn't know about the reunion...

I think he knew about the reunion, I bet he was even part of the reunion as he tweeted about Coachella. 

But then he went nuts and called us dildo's and said things about the band. He was thinking he is at the same level as Slash and Duff. Like the whole thing is being promoted as Axl/Slash/Duff. So it pissed him off that he is in the band since "20 years" and he can't say a word. 

Then well I assume he got his ass kicked. 

2 minutes ago, Juliette said:

He didn't sue because he knew that Axl would have fired him for that...since the success of the reunion he knows that he will never be part of GnR again. 

Saddest part to hear is Axl being basically broke by 2011...it kinda explains and fits into the Rio disaster or depressed Axl. 

Cool thing is he didn't turn straight to Slash at that point he went out on the road and toured every year to get himself back up. 

Then I guess 2014 he got the plan together for the reunion and now his mood has shifted to seemingly having the time of his life. 

I doubt he was ever broke broke but when you have a ton of money you have a ton of bills and when you can't pay a bill you're broke...glad he never had to file for bankruptcy or anything 

this is all assuming what Pitman is saying is true.

1 minute ago, giuls said:

But why did he waited until 2016? Anyway, it's not likely that Axl pays his employees himself, it's a manager problem

Cause I assume he was supposed to be a part of this and thought he would get his money and more money, I guess he got his ass kicked around jan/feb, but I don't get he could have easily sued them in Feb 2016 also. Why wait till Sep 2016? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I defend Axl on basically everything but if the guy wasn't paid, he wasn't paid, it doesn't matter if you think he's a tool or not. I know people will just say he's being spiteful but if he was on good terms with Axl and in the band he'd be more likely to let the money slide and keep on waiting for it than he would be now that he's been turfed. 

I agree with this, I have little patience for people who stiff their employees - but I can't honestly imagine that this one is true. If it were, wouldn't we have heard from other band members? Why would Pitman have continued to work with Axl for many more years if he hadn't been paid? And wouldn't any IOUS, etc. have come from management and not Axl directly?

There's actually a statute of limitations on enforcing contract terms. In California, you only have four years to sue if a written contract is broken and two years to sue if an verbal agreement is broken. Why would he have waited until now to sue? http://www.courts.ca.gov/9618.htm  It's a little interesting that this story broke right after the announcements of how much money the NITL tour made.

And Axl's reputation has always been that regardless of whatever else he does, he makes sure people get paid on time.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Yeah but what surprise me a lot is he waited 4 or 5 years to sue..Why didn`t he demand  before? It is weird. If the band wasn`t pay him ok. Anyhow, I think is the management  of GNR the responsible, I guess. 

How do you know he hasn't been trying to get paid for the last 4-5 years? He probably reached the point of giving up trying to get his money and did what was in his best interest. Just like any other person would. 

• Like 1

haha why do some people think that Axl are/have been broke? Not in this lifetime...  

Some management problem i say.. Don't think Axl himself handing out paycheck every month to his employees.. GN'R is not some small business..

Ofc Pitman should have his money if GNR hasn't paid him.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, twenty-nine said:

How do you know he hasn't been trying to get paid for the last 4-5 years? He probably reached the point of giving up trying to get his money and did what was in his best interest. Just like any other person would. 

But the thing is, he still worked for them. Usually if you're not getting paid, you don't do MORE work for the person who hasn't paid you.

• Like 2