Pitman suing Axl (suit now settled)

buh-bye, if there was any chance of old mother-goose coming around for Halloween those chances are fairly dashed now... oh no! :D he was prick anyway! so I wouldn't blame Axl if he wasn't paying him.

Also! same as the butthurt videographers!  GET IT IN WRITING! OFFICIAL! None of this "he promised" bullshit! If You're owed something, invoice that person and make damn sure you're payed! Preferably before you're kicked out of the band. 

It's possible that Pittman was working on remixes for Axl, he also worked on the videos for the early promotion of the current GnR tour, so it is conceivable that there has been work that he's yet to be payed for. 

I don't believe that Axl is hard up for cash. 

Edited by Tom2112

1 hour ago, Juliette said:

WAIT Axl bought a house/apartment for Kat??:o:o:shocked: She is not his girfriend or relative..only a employee...Really strange. Fernando and Vanessa are like his siblings, I understand but not at all because they get a high percentage for the management of the band.

Yeah Axl has the reputation of being a generous and loyal guy. I don´t believe in this legal bullshit. And if this guy says the truth maybe is a management issue, or Pitman bitterness for the "nostalgia tour"  success.:lol:

axl pays to have these people around him to insulate him, guarantee he wasn't that loaded then, they did bowling alleys! 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

I'm guessing he was in the band when Slash and Duff rejoined. Thats why he was tweeting about Coachella and made the the Star Wars traliler. He has always seemed to have an ego complex and quickly realized he wasn't the same status as Slash and Duff and got mad thinking he deserved to be after playing with Axl for x amount of years. They probably didn't get along and that also probably pissed Richard, Frank, and Dizzy off. That lead to his social media meltdown and then he got let go. His half assed apology was him most likely trying to save face and keep his job but it was too late.

Obviously, he is bitter as hell he's missing out on what would have been the biggest thing he'd ever do. He's probably angry they replaced him with Melissa and is trying to lash out. If he is owed legit money, then he's entitled to it, but he also happily played with Axl from 2012-2014 so something seems off. He definitely was getting paid throughout those years.

Either way, I am so glad he's gone and his antics since he's been kicked to the curb are off putting. He was always useless as a live musician. Hell, his backing vocals made things worse. Thanks for your alleged song writing credits on ITW and Madagascar and good riddance!

• Like 1

I smell bs.  So why exactly bpitman keep working till 2015 ( january 2016 if i may) if he wasnt geting paid since 2011??  For free?? For the art?? Yeah right.  But hey, if this is true he probably will get paid on the next couple of weeks, thats just a couple of acdc shows ( if so)  for Mr rose.

Now days its very easy to proove this kind of things.

But one more thing..  Watch out chris, you're not challenging a whatever random team of lawyers 

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It's possible considering Axl's lifestyle and entourage and @recklessroad's comments echoing the same. 

That said, there's also a distinction to be drawn between the band and Axl himself. 

The band paid the private gigs, weddings, and other such to stay afloat financially in 2011 and 2012, yes. 

You made the point I was thinking of- we have to assume with all this partnership & contract talk of late that Axl's finances are totally seperate from the GnR Inc. piggy bank. I find it very hard to believe Axl was ever personally close to broke. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It's possible considering Axl's lifestyle and entourage and @recklessroad's comments echoing the same. 

That said, there's also a distinction to be drawn between the band and Axl himself. 

The band paid the private gigs, weddings, and other such to stay afloat financially in 2011 and 2012, yes. 

Not sure it has anything to do with his lifestyle. He had a lot of lawsuits back then. Axl earned almost $12 million from performances in Europe, Canada and South America in 2010. But was sued by Azoff early 2010 which Rose owed them $2 million (15%), but Rose countersuit files against him claiming $5 million of the failed Chinese promotion and Van Halen supertour. Adding the $20 milion lawsuit against Activision and Guitar Hero III he loses.

Axl's lawyers will eat Shitman up.  Talk about  "a cancer better off removed" or whatever.....he may have been the biggest embarrassment (I know it's saying a lot considering the whole Nu era) of the whole debacle.   

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DIST said:

But but..how can Axl be broke after releasing the most successful album ever Chinese Democracy??? 

Run back to Slashy for dough..

Karma is a biAtch!!  

I don´t get your sarcasm, the CD did well considering a lot of factors, including the streaming services, piracy, music crisis,etc. Selling millons of CD´s is not bad in today´s world. Was not a success like other Cd´s but the problem here was the cost (too high). The cd had great critics ,  :fuckyou:

The singers and bands don´t come out music for all that shi* , they prefer touring.

Edited by Juliette

I find it hard to believe that GnR were in financial trouble. IF GnR were in financial trouble in 2011-2012, 1) we would have seen a surge in GnR song licensing 2) Axl would have been on stage, on time. If he was broke he wouldn't have been playing past curfews chalking up thousands of euro/dollars worth of fines. 

He could definitely have spent a lot of his money, but he would need to have been reckless to have nearly gone bankrupt. IF this is true, then it explains the lack of new music.

He is probably only doing it now instead of directly after he less than pleasantly parted ways with Axl because he wanted to make sure he had all his ducks in a row before pressing the suit. Proof and stuff... Probably had an accountant look over all this stuff and an attorney go over everything with a fine tooth comb. They couldn't wait any longer due to statute of limitations.

Alternate theory could be that the attorney didn't think he had a case until Izzy's comment hit the hit the headlines along with the how much the tour was bringing in. Then they decided to go for it in hopes that Axl will be advised to settle out of court to limit bad publicity. 

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

A hypothetical question then: Axl’s [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Black Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be… “… broke?” he cuts in with a laugh. “I could hear the call.” Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: “‘You know, I've been, ah, thinking’. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. ‘Aahhh, I've been thinking…’ And I'd be thinking, ‘He must be broke’,” he chuckles. “That’s how I imagine the call.”  --Izzy Stradlin

this is hilarious!:lol:

• Like 2