Does the world still need GNR?

There answer is HELL YEAH!!  

The world needs gnr desperatedly.  But the real deal GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES. .. the anarchy, the rebelians, there anti-crapy pop artists,  the ones who can make a song (original or cover) something life changing. The ones that literally make crap their to any other band in the world .   dont get me wrong,  i love the current band and im crazy about nitlt world tour,  but the world ( under 20's specially)  need to be punched right on the face in so many levels, and Guns N' Roses is the only artist capable of doin that.

A real new "guns n' roses álbum", with three ( well produced under axl brilliantness vision) music vídeos, confrontational-polemic art works on the álbum cover,  a little riot somewhere, a decent promotion ( radio, tv, internet, whatever), a couple of great songs as soundtracks of a couple of popular movies, ...  The talent is still there ( lots of it),  the passion is still there, the heart is still there,. the real cuestion mark really is . want they do it again???  That i dont know...  But as far as i ( and the world) concern ... .  ..

HELL YEAHHH!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

GN'R has it's own sizable market but the music landscape is too fractured and GN'R is too old to have any cross over impact.

At this point it's about making your fans happy which explains this tour and no new music.

If new music were to be released, it'd do modestly well, but they're hardly a mainstream act.

You are one of the best posters on any GnR forum. 

• Like 3

Didnt read the article cause it seems to be pure bullshit.

If the world needs GN'R?

FUCKIN YES. Guns N Roses were the lst true rock n' roll band around, after them and with nirvana and stuff, everything turned into alternative emo shit  todays theres not a single Rock N' Roll around on mainstream, every band they consider "rock" around is some shit like radiohead or muse, completely BULLSHIT. This shit isnt Rock N' Roll, this shit is POP.

We Still need Guns N' Roses to release albums, be active, and show the world Rock N' Roll is still around, 'cause they were the last band on the genre to hit the masses. After them, maybe we can get a new Rock N' Roll band, maybe not, but at this point, they still need to show the world that Rock N' Roll still exists, that theres hope for new bands to come.

I'm not talking about underground heavy metal, or a niche of sleaze rock, I'm talking about Rock N' Roll hitting the masses.

the world is a shambles. it is inhabited with an ever increasing amount of radicals, sheep and people with the mind of an egg shell (thank you, jim).

i dont think the world, as it is today, needs GNR. the world doesnt understand GNR. they understand artists like james blunt, rihanna, beyonce, justin bieber. but not Axl rose and his crew. but hey, who cares? fuck these people and everything they stand for.

Does the world need GNR? Idk about that.. thats blowing up the importance of a little Rock n Roll band, to insane proportions. There are other more important things the world needs like ending poverty, hunger, oppression,  achieving world peace. You know those unattainable things that are only lofty ideals.

Rock N Roll hitting the masses has come and passed. Im 23 going on 24 years of age. My observation of my age group as well as the younger generation is that a good majority dont really care about Rock n Roll like that. Those that do is because there parents were music fans, and they got to grow up surrounded by various types of good music from the late 60's 70s and 80s and into the 90s. The guard in music has changed. people are more into EDM and Hip hop/Rap music these days. the younger crowd they only care about what is current right now. they want fast food music. substance is at the bottom of their criteria. as long as they can have a good time, get fucked up on some drugs, they dont give a damn. Rock and Metal albums struggle to sell. while pop music or Rap does a couple hundred thousand in sales, the really good ones can go platinum. The proof is in the pudding as they say. 

The age demographic that GNR reaches is mostly middle aged.  Most of you that attended the shows this summer may have had similar experience where the crowd is about 2/3 middle aged. 

Anything that GNR does moving forward is for niche audience. Us, the fans of the band, and other casuals that like Rock music, but arent necessarily GNR fans. Any new music they put out will be for us that give a fuck about the band. for others, it will be ignored. This is not GNR from 1987 when they were the gang of fucked up, outlaws that pissed off parents and were a kick in the ass to Rock n Roll. Its not that kind of scene anymore. Its 2015, they are older, the audiences have changed, and they aren't dangerous anymore. Thats not necessarily a band thing either. its called growing up. 

• Like 1

Music as a museum piece. Wheel the flabby wankers out. Hand them your credit cards. Gawp at them playing 'the hits'. Wheel them back in. Buy the lithograph and put it on your wall like the middle class wanker you now are. Tell the grandkids, that you saw ''so and so'' at ''this particular venue'', in thirty years time.

Does the world need this?

No. Their bank balance need this, but does the world? I fear not.

PS

Not that I'm blaming solely Guns, as Kiss, AC/DC and The Stones lead the way in this regard; minus the flab for the Stones of course who all resemble mummified corpses.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

If the question was "does rock, as it has been for about two decades (a genre that does not evolve, appeals mainly to middle-aged people who grew up with it and doesn't have an impact on the young generation, i.e. it has become sort of like blues) need GnR", my answer would be yes.

But if it is meant as "could GnR (or any other band from the 80s-90s or older) make rock relevant again", the answer is no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Guns N Roses were the lst true rock n' roll band around,

We Still need Guns N' Roses to release albums, be active, and show the world Rock N' Roll is still around, 'cause they were the last band on the genre to hit the masses. After them, maybe we can get a new Rock N' Roll band, maybe not, but at this point, they still need to show the world that Rock N' Roll still exists, that theres hope for new bands to come.

I'm not talking about underground heavy metal, or a niche of sleaze rock, I'm talking about Rock N' Roll hitting the masses.

You seriously need to expand your music horizons, bruh. GnR was the first true rock and roll band? 

And think about your final statement. Why wouldn't history repeat itself? GnR was at the top of the music world in 1992. What hope and inspiration did they inspire into the young rock bands in the world? Was 1993-1998 dominated by bands that sounded like GnR or that were influenced by GnR?

Did Use Your Ullusions shape the next decade of rock??? Did it do what you are suggesting a 2016 GnR album would do?

If memory serves, the Illusions helped kill off hair metal and arena rock and paved the way for grunge to take over the rock world. 

Or is that what you are saying you want? A kick-ass GnR album this year which will spark a grunge revolution in 2017? A killer GnR album to inspire dozens of grunge bands to start releasing new music?