Axl vs the World conspiracy theory

double talkin jive mfkr

4 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I agree, not everything is a conspiracy.. But im beyond sure there is a hell of a huge conspiracy behind the "weird 1994". ( cobain, gnr, etc)

yeah cobain was snuffed out fbi wanted him out 

and axl probably had been raising quite a few alarms, some of his speeches in the concerts resonated with a lot of people, everyone wanting to be him - he was king of the castle then BOOM nothing 

i never really understood what the hell happened with his falling out with Slash, it doesn't make sense that if they had enjoyed so much success then how would they not be able to make it work 

when axl says slash wrote a bunch of stuff that never happened - there must've been disinformation spread widely back then when the internet didn't have a hold of things yet 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

LOL no it isn't - i really think Axl's ego was targeted by establishment to alienate band members and ultimately disintegrate the band 

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

And not just about Guns N' Roses.

I mean EVER.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/22/2016 at 9:10 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

there you go..a lot of people are so dismissive and don't realise the truth behind many things because we're programmed through the media - i always wonder where or what the fuck was axl up to from 96-2001? Completely disappeared face of planet

Maybe he was crushed from Slash and duff leaving the band and said f this

didn't know where to take the band still had the name now what....

Interesting discussion though

Edited by jerry
Add more
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 10:11 PM, jerry said:

Maybe he was crushed from Slash and duff leaving the band and said f this

didn't know where to take the band still had the name now what....

Interesting discussion though

i think slash was also targeted - in the end axl should've come to his senses and reformed the group solely with izzy as his partner and the other additional bandmates being buckethead duff sorum 

• 2 months later...

I don't think there is any kind of Government Conspiracy or anything....the track "My World" should imply part of the band's problem.....

It's known that Axl started getting into NIN and Industrial music pretty heavily, and I honestly think he just wanted to take what to him was "his" band in a different direction to stay in tune with popular music of that time. 

Slash has even stated in interviews that the band had gone from 5 guys having fun/playing in a band, to a huge production that began featuring baby grand pianos on stage, back-up singers, etc....when he just wanted the fun rock and roll band, himself. I think it's more creative differences/egos/drugs more than anything between the members. 

As far as not hearing anything out of Axl from '96-'01.....look how much the music scene changed during that time......"Grunge" was already phasing out by the late 90s, given birth to "Slop Rock" and "Nu-Metal." You heard some electronica/industrial music in rock/metal from bands like Prodigy, Rammstein, NIN, Marilyn Manson, and even Smashing Pumpkins featured some form of that on their late albums. Other bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, Incubus, etc....started becoming hugely popular from a "new" sound. Bands that sound similar to Guns, with a hard-rock basis were completely non-existent at this time as well (Skid Row for example.)

Is it possible that Axl just sat back to escape the spotlight/rigors of touring for a bit, check out the music scene, and try new material to see what direction he wanted "his band" to go in, in comparison with music of that time?? Think about it....Slash was still making music around this time with Slash's Snakepit...and it wasn't exactly tearing up the charts/he was touring smaller venues/clubs. Izzy's solo effort didn't hit big at all with the general public. Even other successful bands had to change direction/sound to try and stay relevant: Metallica's Load Album, Motley Crue firing Vince Neil/hiring John Carobi, even Dangerous Toys tried to go "Grunge" for an album. 

The "Oh My God" single released on the End of Days Soundtrack also shows what Axl wanted to steer GnR toward, and was in tune with the style that was popular at that time. I really don't think there is any kind of conspiracy; only egos, creative differences, the struggle with fame/wealth, and musical tasted that led to the "demise" during this time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...