Silverburst80

2006 Izzy Interview

I don't know if this has ever been posted before or if i should put it here but looks like it was only put up on youtube recently and as Izzy interviews are a rarity i thought i'd post it.

50 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I don't know if this has ever been posted before or if i should put it here but looks like it was only put up on youtube recently and as Izzy interviews are a rarity i thought i'd post it.

its been posted last week on another izzy thread, one of the best izzy interviews out there (maybe the last one he gave so far?)

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

its been posted last week on another izzy thread, one of the best izzy interviews out there (maybe the last one he gave so far?)

oh i thought someone might have beat me to it i don't check all the sections of the site. Sure mods will delete it then. Not much there we didn't know about Guns but more conversation on his solo stuff than normal.

Edited by Silverburst80

Always a good interview. Its been up on youtube for at least 3 years (when i first heard it)

@RONIN Everything you said in your above post is absolute fact. I completely agree.

And yeah Buckethead is literally a genius and deserves more appreciation.

• Like 1

Now this is someone who I would love to hang around with, what a cool guy. 

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Everything you said in your above post is absolute fact.

I have recently learned through these boards that I have always been wrong on what a fact is. I remember in grade school having to circle whether a statement was a fact or an opinion and I always thought that that a fact was the opposite of an opinion. Apparently that is not the case.

22 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I have recently learned through these boards that I have always been wrong on what a fact is. I remember in grade school having to circle whether a statement was a fact or an opinion and I always thought that that a fact was the opposite of an opinion. Apparently that is not the case.

What's your point? That he's wrong and I'm wrong?

I have learned during the last 25 years that GNR became a joke.

it all began on the Tracy and Roberta-era. what an embarrassing crap.

Then we had a brief (almost) rebirth in 1993 -- the band sounded good but izzy was still missing and it just doesnt sound like GNR without izzy.

Then we had 20 years of the absolutely embarrassing axl rose solo-era being presented and sold worldwide as GNR.

what a fucking waste.

I had zero hope that any of that would ever change.

but then came 2016. 

And then what was expected by many to be a GNR reunion became actually a Coins n Notes threeunion.

what could have been the best tour ever became the wildly successful "I Can Never Get Enough (And I Wont Share with Izzy)" tour

yeah, its nice that Slash, Duff and Axl back 

But it is not enough. This is basically a poor mans version of Tracy and Roberta Era, because Axl voice is in worse conditions and because these FOUR non-GNR people (specially this richard dude and this frank speedy fills dude) sound even worse than the Tracy and Roberta-era people

I dont care how nice and whatever these people are. These FOUR non-GNR people are fucking with the (great) sound that Slash, Duff and Axl are still able to produce on a live show.

I gave it a try (a lot of tries actually) on a lot of shows from this 2016 tour but it just sounds embarrassing.

its basically the same bullshit since izzy left

I wont waste my time listening to one more disgusting version of my favorite band until they remove the hired hands (specially this richard dude and this frank speedy fills dude) and bring izzy back

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

No. This is a fansite for Guns N' Roses and I am a Guns N' Roses fan. 

FACT: Izzy is one of the key founding members of the band who wrote a large amount of the material.

FACT: Fortus is just a session musician with a rather obnoxious stage presence.

He has been in the band for 15 years covering Izzy's songs! I have always wanted Izzy back in the band but until recently have been prepared to settle for Fortus thinking he's reliable since Izzy isn't interested...but he is! So as far as I'm concerned Fortus should fucking leave and Izzy should be paid. We are not talking rocket science or 5 starving African kids splitting a slice of bread 5 ways, we are talking about 5 rockstars splitting HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars! So, if they are not prepared to pay him then they are undeniably greedy fucking cunts. What is so difficult to understand about that, folks? I do not understand how you could possibly argue with this. It isn't even my opinion it is just common fucking sense lol.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the longterm session musician is more deserving than the original band member who wrote the music?

As DieselDaisy has said before, if hanging around is the hallmark of importance then ALL HAIL MR DIZZY REED! :lol:

It is a fact, Izzy is one of the key founding members of the band who wrote some of the most classic songs.

Fortus is not a session musician, he is a legitimate band member. I don't want to go into this, but however, Fortus is listed in Chinese Democracy as a band member, not a session artist. In the programs for the tours, he is listed as a band member, not a touring member. He has written many (unused) songs for Guns n' Roses in his stay. He has been here for 15 years, and I know this may irritate you and I don't blame you for seeing him a session musician, but technically he is a legitimate band member of this version of Guns n' Roses. Like it or not.

I never said he was more important than Izzy. Izzy will always be the key element of what made Guns n' Roses what it is. But times change and ships sail, and people move on. Again, we don't know anything about what happened with the Izzy situation. I am not favoring either side (Axl/Duff/Slash vs. Izzy) because we don't know exactly what deal went down. What Izzy tweets does not cement anything as proof. For all we know, he could've been offered 50,000 for a few guest appearances and wanted more money. Like it or not, Izzy quit Guns n' Roses back in 1991, giving up his partnership rights. So what, are you arguing Izzy should've just been back in the band like nothing ever happened? Keep in mind Slash and Duff were still under a contract of being under this partnership. Fortus has been in the band since 2002, and we know that Axl is a very loyal man to people who stay in his life. It's not fair to kick Fortus out for Izzy.  

And yes, I am telling you that "the longterm session musician" is more deserving to be here than the original band member who wrote the music. He's reliable, a great guitarist, has stayed by Axl's side through thick and thin (unlike Izzy who walked out on his "best friend" in the early 90's), had some good (admittedly few) parts on Chinese Democracy (a legitimate GN'R album like it or not) and will play a crucial role on new music through his chemistry with Slash and writing skills. Unless something changes, for now, FOR THIS TOUR: Fortus > Izzy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What's your point? That he's wrong and I'm wrong?

My point is exactly what I said. Apparently I was mistaken on what a fact is. Language is living and meanings of words change over time. I just didn't realize the word fact did. Or maybe it has only done so on this board. Most other places I frequent on the internet don't bother with throwing the word fact around. I don't object to anything Ronen said. He was making a rebuttal to the person he was quoting. You mentioned facts in your last two posts in this thread. 

In that grade school class I remembered here are the answers to the instructions to determine if the following statements are fact or opinion:

FACT: Izzy is one of the key founding members of the band who wrote a large amount of the material.

1. True. Izzy wrote a large amount of material. Izzy was in on the foundations of the band.

2. False. Simply putting "Rather obnoxious stage presence" automatically turns this statement into an opinion.

Edited by sanity_lost

6 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

My point is exactly what I said. Apparently I was mistaken on what a fact is. Language is living and meanings of words change over time. I just didn't realize the word fact did. Or maybe it has only done so on this board. Most other places I frequent on the internet don't bother with throwing the word fact around. I don't object to anything Ronen said. He was making a rebuttal to the person he was quoting. You mentioned facts in your last two posts in this thread. 

In that grade school class I remember the answers to the determine if the following statements are fact or opinion:

1. True. Izzy wrote a large amount of material. Izzy was in on the foundations of the band.

2. False. Simply putting "Rather obnoxious stage presence" automatically turns this statement into an opinion.

Quit lecturing me old man! *teepees your house*

#TakeItEasy :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

he is a legitimate band member.  he is listed as a band member, not a touring member. He has written many (unused) songs for Guns n' Roses in his stay.  but technically he is a legitimate band member of this version of Guns n' Roses. Like it or not.

FOR THIS TOUR: Fortus > Izzy.

Thats a good joke man, Legitimate band member? I wonder how many band decisions he can make. 

Why those songs written by him were unused? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It is a fact, Izzy is one of the key founding members of the band who wrote some of the most classic songs.

Fortus is not a session musician, he is a legitimate band member. I don't want to go into this, but however, Fortus is listed in Chinese Democracy as a band member, not a session artist. In the programs for the tours, he is listed as a band member, not a touring member. He has written many (unused) songs for Guns n' Roses in his stay. He has been here for 15 years, and I know this may irritate you and I don't blame you for seeing him a session musician, but technically he is a legitimate band member of this version of Guns n' Roses. Like it or not.

I never said he was more important than Izzy. Izzy will always be the key element of what made Guns n' Roses what it is. But times change and ships sail, and people move on. Again, we don't know anything about what happened with the Izzy situation. I am not favoring either side (Axl/Duff/Slash vs. Izzy) because we don't know exactly what deal went down. What Izzy tweets does not cement anything as proof. For all we know, he could've been offered 50,000 for a few guest appearances and wanted more money. Like it or not, Izzy quit Guns n' Roses back in 1991, giving up his partnership rights. So what, are you arguing Izzy should've just been back in the band like nothing ever happened? Keep in mind Slash and Duff were still under a contract of being under this partnership. Fortus has been in the band since 2002, and we know that Axl is a very loyal man to people who stay in his life. It's not fair to kick Fortus out for Izzy.  

And yes, I am telling you that "the longterm session musician" is more deserving to be here than the original band member who wrote the music. He's reliable, a great guitarist, has stayed by Axl's side through thick and thin (unlike Izzy who walked out on his "best friend" in the early 90's), had some good (admittedly few) parts on Chinese Democracy (a legitimate GN'R album like it or not) and will play a crucial role on new music through his chemistry with Slash and writing skills. Unless something changes, for now, FOR THIS TOUR: Fortus > Izzy.

I'm too sleepy to bother responding to this meticulously but I appreciate that you are level-headed. Agree to disagree and yeah we shall see what happens.

Just now, Slash787 said:

Thats a good joke man, Legitimate band member? I wonder how many band decisions he can make. 

Why those songs written by him were unused? 

Still a band member.

Axl takes forever to release music and CD II hasn't been released yet, most of CD was written with the old-nu band before Fortus joined. I'm going to argue that new music will feature a lot of Fortus work.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Still a band member.

Axl takes forever to release music and CD II hasn't been released yet, most of CD was written with the old-nu band before Fortus joined. I'm going to argue that new music will feature a lot of Fortus work.

Ron joined in 2006, Ron has a lot of parts on CD.

What does Fortus has? a 5 second guitar part on one song? It means Axl din't see him as some one who could add something useful to his dream album Chinese Democracy.

Even for Atlas Shrugged which was supposed to be on the album, at the end moment Ron was told to add the solo and not Fortus. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

Ron joined in 2006, Ron has a lot of parts on CD.

What does Fortus has? a 5 second guitar part on one song? It means Axl din't see him as some one who could add something useful to his dream album Chinese Democracy.

Even for Atlas Shrugged which was supposed to be on the album, at the end moment Ron was told to add the solo and not Fortus. 

Why would Fortus be adding the solos anyway? He's the band's designated rhythm guitarist. 

• Like 1