Pets!

pinkforgirls

32 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh wow, Ripley is such a cute boy!!! :heart:

How's your kitty feeling @soon??

He seems to be fine - back to normal, thanks!  Although, he doesn't ever nag at me for my food (just stares with his cutest pose, politely asking) and today when I had a piece of WonderBread he wanted it bad and got pretty worked up and actually 'fought' to try and get at it.  It contains sugar of course.  So Im hoping if he's got a desire for sugar now that I can detox him and shift his attention.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On April 10, 2018 at 12:56 AM, marlingrl03 said:

So a couple of months ago....I.adopted these two boys, Quinn and Barley. The love to wrestle, tear up and down the hallway in the wee hours of the morning and chirp at bugs, birds and squirrels that they see outside.  💜

Image may contain: cat and indoor

27656989_10156187930878023_9075978673410438350_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=584b8cb9dcab32fd78ebfc4e68727328&oe=5B30C2C2

Image may contain: cat and indoor

They look so beautiful, comfy and happy together.  That middle pick tells a love story for the ages!

• Thanks 1

Need help!

My cat is 1 year and 7 months.  Still very much a kitten is disposition.

I live in an apartment above some crappy, inconsiderate neighbours.  Nightly they start making noise between 2-4am.  Sometimes I can get back to sleep but all too frequently it gets me up and out of bed. 

This, along with the noise from downstairs really seems to throw my cat off.  It makes him generally anxious, sometimes agitated.  He'll sit in unusual places an meow a pleading "come to me" and when I arrive he seems confused and unsure what to do next.  Or he runs up the walls.  Sometimes he bites and claws me and also then looks confused like its out of his control.

He's very routine bound and anticipates food when I get up; whether at 7 like normal or at 2.  This throws off his eating too.

Do people have any tips or suggestions about supporting my cat and helping him relax?  (Beyond trying to deal with neighbours: moving is apparently the only solution and thats in motion)

What can I do for my cat?

Edited by soon

19 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@soon I’ve never tried it, but there are a few cat calming sprays available. It’s feline aromatherapy. Might be worth a shot? 

Oh, cool.  Thanks, definitely worth a shot!  If its like human aromatherapy I can set a timer on the diffuser anticipating the neighbours noise routine.  Perfect.

Gracii suggesting alternative medicine?!? :wow:

J/K really appreciate the idea

• Like 1

Both my boys pictured above were adopted from 2 different rescue agencies and were very afraid of me, their new home and of each other for about a month. Feliway helps! I have also found a calming chew that I crumble into their wet food and even a liquid homeopathy version for nervous stressed cats that I put into their water. It's tasteless and seems to help a lot. Much less meowing at night! But yeah any major pet store has all kinds of things you can try! Oh and I know this sounds silly but their first two weeks I played on my IPad this "cat calming music" on Amazon Prime all night. I swear that works too..good luck! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

Wow. Great climber! Those trees look just like ours...looks like a pic of Alaska.

He loves climbing, he can climb up the house walls and then sits on the roof watching the world. 

I wish it were Alaska but no, it’s boring old Midlands of England :lol:

The tree is a Silver Birch. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He loves climbing, he can climb up the house walls and then sits on the roof watching the world. 

I wish it were Alaska but no, it’s boring old Midlands of England :lol:

The tree is a Silver Birch. 

We are overrun with Birches up here....when they get their leaves I become one hot allergic mess!  We have some of the highest counts of birch pollen! :wacko:

My cats are indoor kitties so they climb their fake cat tree lol or jump in the windows to dream of a land they can't be in! :lol:

• Like 1