Pets!

pinkforgirls

36 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Batfink looks like a panther, is he quite big? My cats are smaller than all the neighbourhood cats and they're scared of everything :lol:

Yes, he is my mini panther :heart: he is quite big and looks like a brute because he has tears in his ears from fighting, but he is a softy, he drapes himself on me as soon as I sit down :lol:

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:26 PM, sanity_lost said:

That face reminds me of a Shepherd/Great Dane/??? mix I had when I was a kid. He was about 6 month or so when we got him. He was a starved stray that was dumped near my mom's work. When no one claimed him after two weeks she was supposed to take him to the county pound. She felt horrible and couldn't do it and ended up bringing him home. The elderly lab we had the time thought it was awesome (so did us kids).

He was the most intelligent dog I have ever known and very independently minded. He was a definite problem solver and the best friend/protector a kid could have. He was incredibly patient with me and my crazy ideas. He was pretty stand-offish around people and made people nervous when they came over because he'd lay on his pillow in the corner of the room and stare at them the entire time there were there. The one time a neighbor/friend of my mom's walked two steps into my room to hand me something he barked once or twice then put himself between me and him calmly physically pushed him out of the room by walking into his legs (he was 96 pounds). We always used to joke that he didn't trust us not to fall over our own two feet if he wasn't there to keep an eye on us.

Sorry for the long comment in reply to this. Just your dog's face just remind me of him so much. Sometimes he had the same folded down ears, but usually one ear stood upright like shepherd's and the other ear bent over sideways.

I randomly stopped on this post, because that dog looked like one I had about 10 years ago.  I happened to read what you wrote and it was pretty eerie, I too had a German Shep/ Great Dane mix as a kid.  It too was the smartest dog we have ever owned, AND my parents used to tell a lot of stories about how he would get between me and strangers.  This was a legit chills moment for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On April 13, 2018 at 12:26 AM, marlingrl03 said:

Both my boys pictured above were adopted from 2 different rescue agencies and were very afraid of me, their new home and of each other for about a month. Feliway helps! I have also found a calming chew that I crumble into their wet food and even a liquid homeopathy version for nervous stressed cats that I put into their water. It's tasteless and seems to help a lot. Much less meowing at night! But yeah any major pet store has all kinds of things you can try! Oh and I know this sounds silly but their first two weeks I played on my IPad this "cat calming music" on Amazon Prime all night. I swear that works too..good luck! 

Thanks to all for great suggestions.  Its been working well for the most part, thankfully.  Havent tried the music yet but based on last night I may indeed need to add that to the repertoire.  He got into my shelves of herbs, looking for cat nip no doubt, but he found lemon balm which prolly gives a similar effect as its so closely related.  He got hyper! And that was after sending all the jars crashing to the floor.  Heres hoping

P2v2RMp.gif

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cineater said:

Made this bridal shower gift by rolling the towels into swans.  Good job if I do say so myself.  Look at it this morning and the swans are laying over.  That's not a cat bed!

Should have seen that coming. :facepalm:

The swans just laying over is not too bad. My kitties would have dragged it 10 feet and then proceeded to run back and over it several times. :lol:

Trying to sit outside and enjoy a pleasant evening and the cat is crunching on a baby bunny!  No point in taking it away from her, she already took it from my other cat who has now gone off to get another one.  It's bunny massacre on my back porch.   So disgusting.  

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, cineater said:

Trying to sit outside and enjoy a pleasant evening and the cat is crunching on a baby bunny!  No point in taking it away from her, she already took it from my other cat who has now gone off to get another one.  It's bunny massacre on my back porch.   So disgusting.  

OMG what?! Your cat is eating a bunny? Wtf. Birds and bugs....sure but not a wee bunny! :blink: Are you sure your cat is not a lynx or a bobcat?! Man! :lol: :o

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cineater said:

One of my cats is a bunny serial killer. He eats the whole thing except for the ears and some bit of it's guts (stomach?) 

• Sad 2

Quinn and Barely melt my heart!

I believe that my guy has his first crush on the neighbours cat, lol.

My indoor cat Beaker was in my arms on the back porch when the neighbour out door cat came to say 'hi.' This was Beakers first encounter with an animal since he moved in with me at 11 weeks old. I'd had a few hints that he desired animal companionship, but of course he was afraid. I held him tight and bent down as the cat gently approached. Beaker didnt know what to think. His ears were back and he was trying to push away from me. And at the height of his anxiety she kissed him. Thinking that was enough excitement for one day I took him inside. After a brief moment of care and attention he asked to go back out. I checked out window and she was gone, so we went back out. Upon seeing she was gone he asked to go back inside! :lol:

Here he is now, sniffing at the air in the draft for any glimpse of her!

cQdsAUrh.jpg

And he's also guilting me with his glare and pleading for a 4th trip out to see her. :lol:

• Like 3

Awww, thanks @soon:heart: They are pretty darling boys.....

Oh Beaker, you are quite a handsome guy! Yeah it took Barley and Quinn at least a full month before they became best buds. It was a slow process.

You never know how two young cats who have never met will get along together. I lucked out. :)

• Like 1

On June 2, 2018 at 4:23 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Awww, thanks @soon:heart: They are pretty darling boys.....

Oh Beaker, you are quite a handsome guy! Yeah it took Barley and Quinn at least a full month before they became best buds. It was a slow process.

You never know how two young cats who have never met will get along together. I lucked out. :)

Thanks! I wish I could take better pictures of him. 

Seems to me that Quinn and Barely lucked out themselves. And had great support settling in!

PS: Beaker wants to check back porch for his crush many times a day. Its the new first thing that happens when I wake up, lol! Even in some rain today.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as cats go, mine is really smart:

t3AM1yZh.jpg

He takes a keen interest in all things gardening including when I feed my seedlings. Then I came across this. Could it actually be the case that he fed my seedlings intentionally?!

Can't imagine how much effort was put into not chomping up the pieces. Probably delivered them one at a time. 

Coincidence? Or did he mean to give nutrients to my seedlings?

On 6/14/2018 at 3:50 PM, soon said:

As far as cats go, mine is really smart:

t3AM1yZh.jpg

He takes a keen interest in all things gardening including when I feed my seedlings. Then I came across this. Could it actually be the case that he fed my seedlings intentionally?!

Can't imagine how much effort was put into not chomping up the pieces. Probably delivered them one at a time. 

Coincidence? Or did he mean to give nutrients to my seedlings?

Hmmm, that is really interesting! I don't even know....but it is pretty sweet if he meant to "feed" your plants and was wiling to part with his kibble!

21 hours ago, downliner said:

My best pal Elliott, he comes with me on all my adventures. :D He's 11 years old now but he still jumps up when he knows its time for his walks.

We have to take it a bit slower these days due to his age, and I've had to upgrade our accommodation to AirBNB because I don't want him being cold in a tent :lol:

Very handsome pup you have there! :)

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...