Pets!

pinkforgirls

Geez what is with the cats?  They're wild!  My youngest won't stay in the house.  She comes tearing up to the backdoor all wide eyed and bushy tail only to dash into the house and want to go right back out.  The ones at the shelter are just as jumpy.  It's like somebody sent out the secret cat be on alert signal. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, cineater said:

Soon your cat looks like the one I lost.  Don't you love the color of his nose?

Lily cracks me up.  I say good morning to her and she yawns and talks at the same time.  Love a cat that talks to you.

I sure do love the colour of his nose. And his coat. Sorry again for your loss.

My guys a chatter too. But this morning I wake up to him laying beside me quietly looking in my eyes and holding my hand. He hasn't held my hand since he was tiny!

• Like 2

Sam AKA Tooms (yes, I turn to humor in difficult times) our 11 year old Great PYR has a tumor on his head that's interfering with his vision and balance. It's grown exponentially the last month. Removal is risky and I was hoping we wouldn't have to subject him but he's scheduled for surgery this Thursday. Their life intertwined with every aspect of ours. They're with us at our highest and lowest times.  We age with them but they at a much faster rate. I know the grief is inevitable but I'm not ready for that grief. 

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Sam AKA Tooms (yes, I turn to humor in difficult times) our 11 year old Great PYR has a tumor on his head that's interfering with his vision and balance. It's grown exponentially the last month. Removal is risky and I was hoping we wouldn't have to subject him but he's scheduled for surgery this Thursday. Their life intertwined with every aspect of ours. They're with us at our highest and lowest times.  We age with them but they at a much faster rate. I know the grief is inevitable but I'm not ready for that grief. 

Thank god for credit cards.  I always try for my pets and keep them until the last minute.  They're family.  Best wishes for yours.

Good news at the shelter.  There are empty cat cages.  Spied a kitten today just covered in it's own shit and food.  Bath time for you baby and then you're going to stay right next to my heart until you're a dry kitty.  Hated it's butt washed but had a good time playing in the water with its front paws.  And I've been mistaken before but that's a female cat, computer typo on that card.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

Thank god for credit cards.  I always try for my pets and keep them until the last minute.  They're family.  Best wishes for yours.

Good news at the shelter.  There are empty cat cages.  Spied a kitten today just covered in it's own shit and food.  Bath time for you baby and then you're going to stay right next to my heart until you're a dry kitty.  Hated it's butt washed but had a good time playing in the water with its front paws.  And I've been mistaken before but that's a female cat, computer typo on that card.

Thank god for credit cards is right. 

You're doing a great job and thank you for all you're doing to help the kitties in the shelter. ❤

• Like 1

Doesn't Like to be Held got adopted!  That was the only thing on her shelter tag, no name.  Poor cat came in so matted.  I wouldn't want to move either.  She got shaved.  Monday she let me carry her around the shelter twice and hold her on my lap for 10 minutes.  I wrote on my exerciser's card that she was adjusting to being held and that she was soft and fluffy.  Must of got her some attention.  Good luck kitty, I'll miss you.

E10 was really hot when I went to get him and he was having trouble walking.  Not the vet's day to be there so the tech agreed, can't wait, and scheduled him to go to the vet today.  Hope he's okay.  I think about these cats all the time.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Doesn't Like to be Held got adopted!  That was the only thing on her shelter tag, no name.  Poor cat came in so matted.  I wouldn't want to move either.  She got shaved.  Monday she let me carry her around the shelter twice and hold her on my lap for 10 minutes.  I wrote on my exerciser's card that she was adjusting to being held and that she was soft and fluffy.  Must of got her some attention.  Good luck kitty, I'll miss you.

E10 was really hot when I went to get him and he was having trouble walking.  Not the vet's day to be there so the tech agreed, can't wait, and scheduled him to go to the vet today.  Hope he's okay.  I think about these cats all the time.

It's so hard for them to be there so you are doing such a wonderful thing keeping them company and giving them love. Hope that kitty is ok poor thing. 💓

I'm trying to write cute stuff on their cage cards to get them some attention.  Today on the silhouette of the cat I drew a tail extension to show the cat has a really long tail. :lol:  This cat has a long face, long neck, long body, long legs.  He's long everywhere.

I'm on emergency care of the first cat I was involved in his adoption.  His owner landed in the hospital today.  Hopefully only a few days but at least he knows me.

• GNFNR 1

It's turned cold, wet and rainy.  Lily has cabin fever already.  Timon on the other hand, has been out there killing anything that moves all summer, has decided it's time to hit the cat food and put on his winter weight.  It's going to be a long, expensive winter. :lol: