Pets!

pinkforgirls

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Shelters here don't allow any adoptions of pups or kittens at Xmas time, too many are dumped when the novelty of a new pet wears off.

Sad but true....I like that they have that rule in place but still awful it has to be done at all! My pets are also my family members forever and always! 

• Like 1

Aw, 3 years ago I found my Lily dead in my daylily bed.  She was just this little ball of fluff that didn't move when I nudged her with my boot.  I carried her all the way across the parking lot on my pitch fork.  She never moved.  Her little tail blowing in the breeze.  When I slide her off the fork I heard a little meow.  I thought it was her last dying breath but when I nudged her a little more she flopped her head around like a drunk.  Scoped her up and rushed her to the vet.  They couldn't get any vitals on her but when I called to check on her a couple hours later, they said the last time they checked she hissed at them, good girl.  He said she only had a couple hours left, everything was shutting down.  She was one pound and they guessed 6 weeks old.  Her formal name is Miss Death Lily the Garden Cat, my Lily.

• Sad 2

I signed up to volunteer Christmas Eve day and Christmas at the shelter.  See if we can get their staff out of there and home for the holidays.  Not a biggie for me, fits in with my schedule except the 7AM start time, lol.  Fortunately their Home for the Holidays event has left many empty cages.  The big cats though, more than I would like to still be there.

• Like 1

We tried to outsmarted Timone on the turkey this year.  Last year we set the pile of turkey on the table and he did a fly by, snatching a piece in mid jump over the table and gone with it.  This year we brought in the dog to stand guard.  Didn't phase Timone.  He had been standing watch in the kitchen since he first smelled it.  Dog came in, Timone fluffed up but he wasn't budging, had to pick him up and put him in the other room where he stayed and we got to eat in peace.  But now he knows I have a bag of scraps in the frig for him.  I can't walk in the kitchen without a cat rubbing on my legs.

I am sure if I left out meat my cats would eat it....I seriously can't leave anything out. I like to snack before bed while watching TV and accidentally left my box of Twizzlers out and woke up to find little red pieces of it strewn all over the living room floor. I don't think they ate it but they do like to chew and spit things out like cardboard or paper. Is this normal for cats? Such angels when sleeping but during the night the naughty antics begin! :lol:

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Image may contain: cat

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I'm changing my cats' food.  Cats hate that!  I put the new bag in the cupboard where I keep their treats, totally fooled them.  They are all over it.  Not often I get one over on the cats.  Score one for the wise old woman.  Wait, still involves cats.  Maybe it's another one for the crazy, old cat lady. :blink:

I'm going for grain free too.  Timone has tummy issues they can't figure out.  They thought it was cancer but that was 3 years ago and he should have been dead by now.  His coat is not looking good.  I also switched them off kitty litter and only use pine pellets.  No more kitty litter in their paws and all over the house plus it's cheaper at the co-op.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck.  Walked into the shelter, my day to exercise cats.  Peeked into the kitchen, tomorrow is my day for dishes and laundry.  The dryer has been broke for 2 days.  There is a mountain range of dirty towels and blankets.  The guy is coming this afternoon to fix it.  They close at 4.  There is no way they are making any kind of a dent in that.  All mine tomorrow. :facepalm:  Don't worry about the pets, storage is still half full.  This will just rotate the stock.

And if that wasn't a bad enough thought, scheduled Lily's annual exam.  Always an adventure getting her into a crate.  The emergency plan for her is pillow case!