Pets!

pinkforgirls

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

Took Timon in because I thought he had a toothache.  The vet says his cancer is back.  He doesn't think he will make it until his next exam in July.  This is going on year 3, maybe the 4th, of Timon having cancer.  I still don't believe it and I know Timon doesn't.  He's back on meds.  I'm not telling the kid.

I'm so sorry. I lost my Piglette to cancer. But you have today with Timon and that's good so don't spend the day upset. Enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

My cat sleeps on my bed and every morning now for the last few weeks he will get up at 6ish and stomp up the bed, plonk himself down on me and then he bites my face and arms until I’ll get out of bed because he wants feeding - I go downstairs and he gets on the kitchen side to carry on biting me until I feed him and I’m thinking FUCK YOU you cunty little bastard you can piss off now - but he’s just so fucking cute that I can’t be mad at him and I feed him :facepalm:

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, Kwick1 said:

@MillionsOfSpidersLol! Of course not. We live on a farm and 4 are working dogs. 2 are livestock guardians and 2 are cattle herding dogs.  Of the remaining 4, 3 are senior and happy with short walks. The other runs a bit with me every day.  They all do sleep inside at night. 

So cool. I'd like to live on a farm some day or anywhere outside city limits! Bet the dogs have a grand ol time just running everywhere

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

So cool. I'd like to live on a farm some day or anywhere outside city limits! Bet the dogs have a grand ol time just running everywhere

The very reason I moved from the city with a small yard to a farm. At the time I had a reasonable number of dogs - 3 Labs. I wanted them to have land and ponds for them. Today, 1 of my 8 is one of those Labs. She no longer runs or swims and her eye sight doesn't let her look out over the land but I hope she knows that all this was for her and her 2 brothers. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I'm happy to report the shelter is just about out of cats!  I can now get everybody out and exercised in one visit.  The older cats are no longer sitting there for months at a time and we don't have anybody younger than 12 months.  Apparently, cats all give birth around the same time.  Did not know that.

We did get in a stray whose leg was so badly damaged she is now a tripod.  She's recovering and I think relieved to be out of pain.  Not ready to get up but we should be able to work with her next week.  Get some practice in on those remaining legs.  Staff says tripods don't stay very long, always people out there with big hearts.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

My 18 yr. old Rat Terrier torn her cranial cruciate ligament (ACL) in her back knee. She is limping now. Vet is currently giving her "Platelet Rich Plasma" treatments. A process of taking her own blood and separating the platelets and injecting it back into the injury to promote healing. It could be months before she can walk properly. I've read stories of people doing nothing for it and their dog begins to walk because scar tissue will begins to form and take over some ligament function, but I couldn't let her suffer so I opted for the treatments instead of surgery. Hopefully It will make a difference!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

My 18 yr. old Rat Terrier torn her cranial cruciate ligament (ACL) in her back knee. She is limping now. Vet is currently giving her "Platelet Rich Plasma" treatments. A process of taking her own blood and separating the platelets and injecting it back into the injury to promote healing. It could be months before she can walk properly. I've read stories of people doing nothing for it and their dog begins to walk because scar tissue will begins to form and take over some ligament function, but I couldn't let her suffer so I opted for the treatments instead of surgery. Hopefully It will make a difference!

Well done for going for the treatment. It will be well worth it when she starts to pick up and you know you did the best for her.

• Like 3

Our loved pets give us so many great days and are there for us providing unconditional love every day of their life. Unfortunately they also give us one bad day one of the hardest days. Today is one of the hardest. We are now a home of 7 and its eerily quiet without my happy hippo Wilma. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Our loved pets give us so many great days and are there for us providing unconditional love every day of their life. Unfortunately they also give us one bad day one of the hardest days. Today is one of the hardest. We are now a home of 7 and its eerily quiet without my happy hippo Wilma. 

I know, you wouldn't think with so many but, they are individuals with their own personalities.  Even the other pets know they've lost somebody.  Sad times for the whole family.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cineater said:

I know, you wouldn't think with so many but, they are individuals with their own personalities.  Even the other pets know they've lost somebody.  Sad times for the whole family

Even with many other dogs,  I know it may seem like we consider them as a group but they're a part of our family and absolutely each is very unique and special. Wilma and her sister Joy are rescued pitbulls and had no job on the farm other than to provide love and happiness. Joy never left her side and is grieving greatly. If anyone on the forum has ever wondered about pitbulls, the only part of them larger than their huge head is their heart and my God, they take a huge part of your heart. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Even with many other dogs,  I know it may seem like we consider them as a group but they're a part of our family and absolutely each is very unique and special. Wilma and her sister Joy are rescued pitbulls and had no job on the farm other than to provide love and happiness. Joy never left her side and is grieving greatly. If anyone on the forum has ever wondered about pitbulls, the only part of them larger than their huge head is their heart and my God, they take a huge part of your heart. 

Sorry to hear that. Pitties are so wonderful, they have incredible personalities. Truly great dogs. They're not just a 'pack', but 'a group of individuals', it's extra heartbreaking when the other animals know what's happened.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Image may contain: cat

Pretty sure this naughty ginger cat Quinn is the culprit who knocked down his kitty tree and broke it in half.

Came home yesterday to find the entire tree knocked down and the top part completely broken off. The two boys have only had it for like a year. Naughty! :lol:

• Haha 3