Pets!

pinkforgirls

Did you know turkeys come in white?  The shelter told me they got in a turkey, go back to look at it and it's white.  Most the shelter staff didn't know they came in white either.  Guess that's good camouflage for the wild.  We're all looking for the brown ones. :lol: 

8 hours ago, cineater said:

Did you know turkeys come in white?  The shelter told me they got in a turkey, go back to look at it and it's white.  Most the shelter staff didn't know they came in white either.  Guess that's good camouflage for the wild.  We're all looking for the brown ones. :lol: 

I learn something new everyday lol! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Timon is not doing well.  He's lost 2 pounds in 2 months.  He's fur and bone.  The vet is going to cut his meds in half and I got him kitten food to try to get some weight on him.  I'm also going to start cooking him some daily chicken.  He's eating, especially the chicken but he just stays by the food dish like he's starving but won't eat what's in there.  Hope this new routine works.

• Sad 2

He's scaring me.  He threw up his pill after 3 and a half hours and it didn't even look like it had started to dissolve.  He was acting disoriented and wobbling when he walked.  Then he went and hid in my closet.  He never does that.  I was ready to run him to the emergency vet but I figured they'd just put him down.  He took a little nap, I held back tears and then he got up, went outside, didn't come back with a kill but it's not bunny season, and now he's back in his bed, normal routine.  And I think he's really tired of me checking up on him every few minutes. 

• Sad 2

He's better.  Apparently he missed two of his pills.  He cheeked one on me.  I found the pill pocket.  We're done with that.  I will get that pill down your throat kitty.  About an hour later he's now waiting, not so patiently, for me to cook up his chicken.  He's telling me all about it.  Went ahead and got him a vet appointment because I think he's dehydrated.  If that's the case, they are going to teach me how to give him a shot at home and we'll do that for a while.  Hopefully he's going to recover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

When I was a kid my mother didn't want me to have pets, so I collected animals from the forest and kept them in boxes and crates in the garden. I had lizards and crows and mice and toads and whatever else I could manage to capture. 

All kids need pets as all pets need kids.

Update on Timon:  They put him on an IV, he perked up, got his appetite back.  He's much more alert.  I chickened out on doing the IV.  We go back Monday to see if he needs more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cineater said:

All kids need pets as all pets need kids.

Update on Timon:  They put him on an IV, he perked up, got his appetite back.  He's much more alert.  I chickened out on doing the IV.  We go back Monday to see if he needs more.

Maybe have them check his kidneys if he gets unwell again? That can cause weight loss and appetite loss..hope it is not that. But sometimes too...hanging around the food dish and not eating means nausea too. What pills does he take can I ask? 

Glad the IV helped though! Thinking of him! 💜💜💜

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Maybe have them check his kidneys if he gets unwell again? That can cause weight loss and appetite loss..hope it is not that. But sometimes too...hanging around the food dish and not eating means nausea too. What pills does he take can I ask? 

Glad the IV helped though! Thinking of him! 💜💜💜

He's on prednisone for lymphoma in the small intestine.  He held his food down from the vet but puked up his evening meal.  He's on urgent care food but I let him have a little cooked chicken with it.  Not doing that again.  He fought this off once before but the vet said it may not work this time.  I think the big tumor is shrinking but it's taking its toll on him. 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, cineater said:

Me too.  He was a cool cat.  I need to go see that movie where the dog reincarnates.

And Timon had a cool human. I can't imagine what its like to be without him - with your memories. You took such good care of him.

I'm vacuuming and for a split second, out of the corner of my eye, Timon walks from the hall to the living room.  He's on his way to the back door.  He always wanted out when I vacuumed.  My daughter and I have both seen our pets return after death and hang out for a while.

My friend calls this phenomeum having a visitor.  She sees people and pets too.  I think it's some part of the brain's function having to do with recognition, memory and recall.  Why sighting happen in a flash out of the corner of your eye.  

But, just in case, and because I want to believe, I turned off the vacuum and went over and open the door. ;)  Have fun hunting bunnies Timon.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm vacuuming and for a split second, out of the corner of my eye, Timon walks from the hall to the living room.  He's on his way to the back door.  He always wanted out when I vacuumed.  My daughter and I have both seen our pets return after death and hang out for a while.

My friend calls this phenomeum having a visitor.  She sees people and pets too.  I think it's some part of the brain's function having to do with recognition, memory and recall.  Why sighting happen in a flash out of the corner of your eye.  

But, just in case, and because I want to believe, I turned off the vacuum and went over and open the door. ;)  Have fun hunting bunnies Timon.

I firmly believe in this...when my Sadie passed I felt/saw her presence multiple times for about a month and then slowly over time I saw her less and less. But she will never be forgotten. Either will Timon. Both very special cats. 💟

• Like 1

Was watching cute cat vids and Beaker seems to have gotten jealous :heart:. After trying all his standard "come here!" and "follow me!" productions he just took the cuff of my pants in his mouth and started leading me out of the room!! :lol:

And when I relented he gave me cuddles in the next room? Nah, instead he jump attacked my knee! lol

• Haha 1

This is really weird.  I haven't been down to one cat in over 30 years.  My cats always find me.  I don't go out looking for them but I'm finding myself scanning the streets looking for a stray.  :lol:  I'll probably pick up a jail bird from the shelter when they go on sale.

Edit:  Lily is eating a bunny on the back porch.  Maybe I should rethink dog ownership. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

A while back someone called me about a black kitten living on the streets.  I was thinking about getting a black cat because it would look perfect with my orange and tortie.  Lily came running when she heard a kitten crying on the computer today, might be lonely.  Lily has always been a part of the crowd.  And I could come up with a thousand other reasons but to get to the point, I e-mailed the guy about the black kitten.  I'll take it if he's got it to the point of being able to catch it.

• Like 2