Pets!

pinkforgirls

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Rumor can't be caught and is too wild so I guess she's not coming.  Trouble is a little more friendly.  Duffy thinks he can catch him tonight.  I hope so, Lily is lonely and I've been gone quit a bit.

Quite literally one of the oddest sentences ever written :lol:

Then realise that Rumor and Trouble are cats and you're not stoned and being philosophical:lol:

• Like 1

We got Trouble!  She was caught this morning and is spending the night with the vet.  Took 3 vets to figure out she's a girl.  Orange kitties are usually boys.  She's probably pregnant but the kitten has died according to the x-ray.  She has a bloody toe, a few open sores and a family of fleas.  She didn't hiss at me.  She's a little scared but she wants to trust us.  She was a fall kitten so around 6 months.  I'm thinking Trouble is not a good name for her.  I'll have to get to know her before finalizing a name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

We got Trouble!  She was caught this morning and is spending the night with the vet.  Took 3 vets to figure out she's a girl.  Orange kitties are usually boys.  She's probably pregnant but the kitten has died according to the x-ray.  She has a bloody toe, a few open sores and a family of fleas.  She didn't hiss at me.  She's a little scared but she wants to trust us.  She was a fall kitten so around 6 months.  I'm thinking Trouble is not a good name for her.  I'll have to get to know her before finalizing a name.

I've never met a ginger female, they are very rare so her name should be something that reflects how special she is. I hope it all goes well and she settles with you 😺

23 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I've never met a ginger female, they are very rare so her name should be something that reflects how special she is. I hope it all goes well and she settles with you 😺

She might end up as Samone.  My daughter named Timone, Samone, when he first showed up.  We thought he was female and pregnant.  When he started showing breasts but didn't give birth after two months we took him to the vet.  The vet declared him a Simon, a neutered male that was just fat. :lol:  I don't feel so bad for making that error since it took 3 of them to confirm the sex this time around.

Just talked to the vet.  She was pregnant and no feline leukemia.  That bloody sore in her neck had a pellet in it!

• Like 1

It's Simone with an i. 

The vet said she kept the pellet for her husband to look at.  She thinks it was from a 22.  I don't know shit about guns but I'm pretty sure that's a real gun and they use real bullets that would have killed a cat.  Surely she knows what a BB looks like.  The wound wasn't that big and it's a kitten.

She's home!  The vet said she's really sweet.  She is but she's also drugged.  The two cats gave each other a mutual hello meow and Lily ran and hid. :lol:  Simone is isolated in her own room until she recovers.  No hissing going on but I haven't heard Simone purr yet.  They gave me the pellet, it's not a bullet.  I have a feeling Duffy is going to be hunting a neighbor kid when I show him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

She's home!  The vet said she's really sweet.  She is but she's also drugged.  The two cats gave each other a mutual hello meow and Lily ran and hid. :lol:  Simone is isolated in her own room until she recovers.  No hissing going on but I haven't heard Simone purr yet.  They gave me the pellet, it's not a bullet.  I have a feeling Duffy is going to be hunting a neighbor kid when I show him.

Yay! That awesome! Oh, Simone what a survivor she is! Lily had home field advantage and still hid, what a sweetie :lol:

Im having dreadful flashbacks of one time I shot a squirrel with a pellet gun when i was a kid. It was fine and my gun wasnt powerful enough to penetrate its skin, but so sad and stupid of me. Some pellet guns are powerful though, and its maybe what was used here. You can hunt Hare and Turkey with a 500psi pellet gun - and at least here that falls just bellow the calibre limit where one doesn't need a license or age restriction. I hope Duffy gets that sucker!!!!!

So happy for you, Simone and Lily :) 

I'd show the wound but it makes my legs go weak.  We did put it up on facebook so when my mother sees the news I don't get in trouble for getting another cat. :lol:  The old, well what could you do but help her.  It worked with the last cat I took in.

Her poor little nose is all scratched up and she's missing some fur on the back and tail, probably part of the mating stuff.  She's going to look way different in a few months.  She already has her face in the food dish.  She eats with her tongue like she's taking in water, really weird.  I'm waiting for her to bite her tongue. 

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

you have to post her progress in pics so we can see her improving

She's up and about so I'm getting a better look at her.  She weighed in at 7 pounds but looks skinny.  She has long legs and a long tail.  Her upper butt and joining tail show she was a favorite of the boys in the hood.  The bloody toe is still swollen but scabbed over.  Her eyes and coat are a little dull.  She has personality and is confident.  She purr chirps, lol.  We've had a few rounds of the girls hissing at each other from either side of the open door but they'll get over that.

• Like 1

Simone is spending time with us in the living room.  Lily so wants to be her friend.  Simone gives warning growls but I think that's just recovery and she's hurting.  She likes her toys and looking out the window.  Her coat is getting softer and she's cleaning it up.

• Like 1

Simone is trying to learn to talk to me except half the time her meow's come out as a meow/growl mix.  Little frightening. :lol:  We're taking a step back on cat introductions.  Simone chases Lily under the bed and there's lots of hissing.  It's the towel for the two of them.  I'll rub their scent on each other and see how that works.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Simone is trying to learn to talk to me except half the time her meow's come out as a meow/growl mix.  Little frightening. :lol:  We're taking a step back on cat introductions.  Simone chases Lily under the bed and there's lots of hissing.  It's the towel for the two of them.  I'll rub their scent on each other and see how that works.

Feliway helps too to calm both cats down..good luck! Cat introductions can take time. 😸

54 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was going to get some of that.  Simone was a nicer kitty when she was drugged.  :lol:

13 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Feliway helps too to calm both cats down..good luck! Cat introductions can take time.

I can vouch for the Feliway plug in too. My vet recommends it for everyone introducing a 'new' cat to an already established cat home, and to all rescue cats in general 😺

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I can vouch for the Feliway plug in too. My vet recommends it for everyone introducing a 'new' cat to an already established cat home, and to all rescue cats in general 😺

It's not going to have any effect on me is it?  I'm not going to end up with like 12 cats. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's not going to have any effect on me is it?  I'm not going to end up with like 12 cats. :lol:

NO- lol...its a pheromone that only cats pick up! 

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I was going to get some of that.  Simone was a nicer kitty when she was drugged.  :lol:

Ha! Hardly....now pet CBD? Yeah that is a different story! :lol:

• Haha 1