Pets!

pinkforgirls

Ok so my two cats have started what I think is odd behavior or is it normal? So after I take a shower they both jump into the tub and drink the remaining puddles of water. This started out of the blue a month ago and they both drink out of their water dish just fine. I just find it odd! Anyone else's cat do this? :blink::shrugs:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Ok so my two cats have started what I think is odd behavior or is it normal? So after I take a shower they both jump into the tub and drink the remaining puddles of water. This started out of the blue a month ago and they both drink out of their water dish just fine. I just find it odd! Anyone else's cat do this? :blink::shrugs:

Not odd, they like fresh water, but maybe you need to run the water bowls through the dish water.  While they look clean, they get a build up, might try a vinegar wash first.  My cats have always peed in the shower or sink when they have a bladder infection.  I think it's cooling for them or they've just figured out that will get my attention.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

That they both agree its a thing to do especially cracks me up, lol.

My guy doesnt drink the water but he 'chases' it down the drain when I get out of the shower. He's fascinated by it and investigates where the water goes. He tries to stick his face down the drain to find the water. :lol: And any puddles left he dabs at with his paw and flicks, lazily onto the side of the tub. 

So, yeah, he's pretty into the shower water too. haha. Yours seem to want ever last pheromone, which I would say is high praise!

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

I let Simone outside for the first time today.  She likes my yard but I look over and she's sitting on the other side of the 6 ft chain link fence. :lol:  Small point of pride that my cats can take that fence in a blink of the eye.

• Haha 1

This is minor but we have two cats. One of which decided that if we don't put food in his bowl by like 6am, he will starve to death. I'm a very early riser naturally, but not THAT early lol. Over the past couple of weeks, he's been letting me sleep until 7, 8 and some times 9am. I'm really hoping the trend continues!

• Like 3

Remember how I said my cats find me?  Looks like #3 showed up.  I've had a visitor hanging around for a few weeks.  It shows up late at night and this morning it was waiting for my cat to come out.  I heard it crying for my cat to come out last night.  It's staying longer each time. :lol:  I put out message to the neighborhood hopefully it's just a visitor.

I was dancing to Hip Hop By Dead Prez in my living room. I noticed Beaker kinda hiding in his tree starring at me, with wide eyes. When we locked eyes and I continued to dance, he jumped down and ran sideways at me with his tail puffed up. He nestled agasint my legs, protectively, in a way that made me stop dancing and he meowed a very concerned 'question' before propping up his front paws on my thigh to check in on me.

Apparently my dance moves made him think I was in mortal danger. That was the only explanation for my moves in his mind :facepalm::lol::max::rofl-lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kwick1 said:

After losing 2 dogs within 2 weeks in March. One unexpected. And having a 14 yr old Lab that has spinal disease and knowing her time is very limited. We went to the shelter to adopt a bully and came home with 2.  No, they will never replace Wilma and Sam but it has helped with my shattered heart. 

How they doing?

Both my cats are fixed but the stray keeps hanging around calling for them.  He won't come near me.  I was hoping the girls might ban together to chase him off and become a team but that's not happening.  I may have to start feeding him to see if he can get the girls inline.  Lily hisses at Simone and Simone goes after her.

My cat Beaker who will turn 3 this summer is finally starting to lay off the biting. Ive offered him some rough play options and he's taken to one. And even then he does his best to resist to urge to bite me and often licks me as if it were a bite. 

Goodness me, the 'tough guy' face he makes is priceless, I wish I could get a pic! Its like a classic Disney animation of a 'tough' kitten face. :lol: And the best part is that we are face to face when he does it, with him having his front paws up on my forearms. Priceless!! :rofl-lol:

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2019 at 1:36 AM, cineater said:

How they doing?

Both my cats are fixed but the stray keeps hanging around calling for them.  He won't come near me.  I was hoping the girls might ban together to chase him off and become a team but that's not happening.  I may have to start feeding him to see if he can get the girls inline.  Lily hisses at Simone and Simone goes after her.

First, thank you for all you do. The shelters here are over 100% capacity and have dropped adoption fees to $10. There's a serious over population 😢 they are doing fine together. We aren't leaving them out unsupervised and have crate trained. I've always found dogs are easier to introduce than cats. Eventually Lily and Simon will work it out but I know it's difficult on you. 

I was hoping the new stray cat would bring them together to defend their territory but they both like him.  He's a big boy!  His paws are huge.  He's afraid of me.  I started feeding him the other day.  He doesn't back off as far now and I believe is living in the yard because he's here all the time.  You will be mine Mr. Kitty.