Pets!

pinkforgirls

Look out last night and see the food bowl I leave out for Mr Kitty is tipped over.  And then I see a string like tail disappearing behind a bush, possum.  Baby possum's are cute but the bigger ones freak me out and I don't want them fighting with the cats.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Had no idea there was a rodeo bull named Guns N Roses.  Apparently he's a beast.  Perfect record and now he's retiring.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-14/rodeo-bull-guns-n-roses-to-retire-on-winning-streak-noonamah-nt/11308046

"Weighing in at 850 pounds, Guns N Roses"

Prolly retiring because TB sent a cease and desist. :lol:

• Haha 2

JWkATEzm.jpg

Picked up one of the cat fountains folks on here suggested for my tap loving cat. The clerk up-sold me to this 'silent' one. I thought they meant that the pump runs silently (it does), but it also means that the water makes no splashing sound. The sound is what attracts my guy to the tap. So this isnt working yet. Can't decide if I will exchange it or just return it.

2 hours ago, soon said:

JWkATEzm.jpg

Picked up one of the cat fountains folks on here suggested for my tap loving cat. The clerk up-sold me to this 'silent' one. I thought they meant that the pump runs silently (it does), but it also means that the water makes no splashing sound. The sound is what attracts my guy to the tap. So this isnt working yet. Can't decide if I will exchange it or just return it.

Return it. And get a dog instead. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

JWkATEzm.jpg

Took one of my cats a minute to get use to it but they've stopped drinking out of the toilet. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Kitty is back to having a bloody leg and limping.  I'm wondering if he's getting into it with that possum.  The food dish was empty but I left it out last night and I do have a water bowl out the for the cats.  Maybe I need to bring in the food dish each night, move the water bowl and put out another water bowl before the possum gets to the patio.  I've been on the possums nightly path for years but the cats are usually in before the possum goes by.

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2019 at 5:55 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Probably what I have been doing...lots of water bowls everywhere and fans. Plus they probably have some type of shadier outside I hope!

How are the cats doing?  They were talking about the heat wave in Alaska on the news here in St Louis tonight.  Showed a picture of a moose standing in somebody's yard sprinkler. :lol:

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

How are the cats doing?  They were talking about the heat wave in Alaska on the news here in St Louis tonight.  Showed a picture of a moose standing in somebody's yard sprinkler. :lol:

A bit tired and not hungry much...but thankfully tomorrow it will cool down again. They are hanging in there! Thanks for asking. :heart:

On 7/17/2019 at 2:18 PM, cineater said:

Mr Kitty is back to having a bloody leg and limping.  I'm wondering if he's getting into it with that possum.  The food dish was empty but I left it out last night and I do have a water bowl out the for the cats.  Maybe I need to bring in the food dish each night, move the water bowl and put out another water bowl before the possum gets to the patio.  I've been on the possums nightly path for years but the cats are usually in before the possum goes by.

Poor little kitty....and darn that possum. Hopefully his leg is healing? Fingers crossed! 🐱🐈🐱

Animal control showed up after dark for a barking dog and sat in front of my driveway.  Fortunately all was quiet, she left, I got my cat in and the damn dog started barking and would not stop.  She came back.  It's my next door neighbor's dog.  It barked the whole time she was here.  My neighbors must not be home.  That's a ticket.  All I need is animal control hanging around here.  Yeah the dog is still barking.  It's been a good hour.

Well, he didn't get a ticket and the dog barked till 1.  He tried to say the dog only barks at cats.  I knew he'd try to throw my cats under the bus.  She left him a card to call.  I will beat him if she comes over to my house to talk about my cats.  Think we concluded it must have been the possum but I think the real reason is he went off and left his dog outside all night. 

• Sad 2

My cat has been locked in a cattery for a week whilst I went on holiday and since he’s been let outside he’s been on a bit of a murder spree - this morning he’s just brought back his third beheaded pigeon of the day, hope he’s got it all out of his system now. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My cat has been locked in a cattery for a week whilst I went on holiday and since he’s been let outside he’s been on a bit of a murder spree - this morning he’s just brought back his third beheaded pigeon of the day, hope he’s got it all out of his system now. 

Sure your is not trying to send you a message? "You ever do that to me again, I'll rip your head off!" :lol:

• Haha 2