Pets!

pinkforgirls

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

That licking stuff is grooming you.  Apparently your cat thinks you need a bath.  The good news is your cat thinks you're family.  They don't do that to strangers.  Did you take a shower before going to bed?

I dont need a shower, cineater! :lol: How is this theme following me everywhere I go?! Its crossed the bounds of species now! :lol: Im usually a morning showerer so I hadnt before bed.

Its an honour to be received as his family :). We've got a good thing going. Lately - I dont know if cats have testosterone - but lately he's being a tough guy sometimes. He 'chuffs' at me, turning what used to be requests into what feels more like demands. :lol: But even though he's not as much as a suck anymore we still have a really strong connection. I do miss the years that he let me sleep as long as I wanted, though!

Lily has been kind of rough we me lately too but I think it's because I've been on the computer too much and not giving her enough attention.  I thought the licking was just getting the salt off my body from the sweat but yeah it's only when I'm past due for a shower. :lol:

• Haha 1

Little opossum has figured out when I bring the food dish in and is getting here early.  I kind of like it.  I have some produce that I didn't eat in time.  Is there any reason I shouldn't be giving it my trash?  And if it's going to be my outdoor, it needs a name.  It's my trashman, pretty shy, quiet.  Any name suggestions?

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

Little opossum has figured out when I bring the food dish in and is getting here early.  I kind of like it.  I have some produce that I didn't eat in time.  Is there any reason I shouldn't be giving it my trash?  And if it's going to be my outdoor, it needs a name.  It's my trashman, pretty shy, quiet.  Any name suggestions?

George Jones.

My best mate Maggie did her CCL in her knee the other day. Vet bill is set to exceed 3k, couldn't live with myself if I didn't pay for it. She's the sweetest natures dog and she's staying overnight at the vets for 2 nights....

i really didn't think it would have this affect on me but fuck it's weird not having her here with her head on my shoulder as I watch tv or take her for a morning walk.

• Sad 2

On September 10, 2019 at 6:09 AM, megaguns1982 said:

My best mate Maggie did her CCL in her knee the other day. Vet bill is set to exceed 3k, couldn't live with myself if I didn't pay for it. She's the sweetest natures dog and she's staying overnight at the vets for 2 nights....

i really didn't think it would have this affect on me but fuck it's weird not having her here with her head on my shoulder as I watch tv or take her for a morning walk.

Is Maggie back home? I hope she's healing up well.

23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Yeah she's home, very fragile and has to be confined for 6 weeks. I feel terrible but cruel to be kind hey

Oh gosh, Im glad youre back together but I cant imagine that ordeal. Having to care for her in ways that are sad for you both. Sounds like Maggies in good hands.

OMG, little George!  I'm sitting on the patio and up walks the opossum.  I start talking to him thinking that would scare him back.  No, he just keeps coming.  I'm barefoot and in shorts, feeling a little naked, with my feet on the chair.  He walks right past me and goes to the doormat acting like he's going to curl up and go to sleep.  You know how pets like to do the circle dance before they lay down.  He does that for a while and then proceeds to walk over to me and stops right under my legs.  I was trapped in my chair for 20 minutes! :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cineater said:

Lily was all over me and would not stop.  Checked see if she wanted to go out, no.  Want a rub down, no.  Want to play, no.  I had put her food dish on the counter when I vacuumed and she couldn't find it, ooops. :facepalm:

HA! I had a very similar thing happen this morning. Was so groggy when I woke up that I ended up leaving Sweet Cornbreads food dish on the counter and had placed the closed bag of kibbles on the floor next to his water. :lol:

He must be sleepy to since he didnt destroy the bag. When I finally was awake and saw the bag on the floor he was just patiently sitting in front of it :wub:

• Haha 1