Pets!

pinkforgirls

I think the real problem was the lid is not detachable and rain comes in through the hinge.  Put the whole box in a black trash bag and gorilla taped the door opening into it.  Got the door opening under my little table and threw some plastic over it.  Makes a nice little covering for the food too.  Just waiting for Mr Kitty to come by and see if he likes it.  Lily thinks it's interesting.  The mice probably think I put up a motel. :lol:

Little George, the opossum, looks a lot better with his winter coat.  He's become afraid of me or maybe it's just when I'm standing.  I've taken up leaving him a food offering every night.  He doesn't like carrots or green peppers.  Apples appear to be his favorite.  There's green tomatoes out there so we'll see if he likes them.

• Like 1

I don't know what is with Lily.  She was wild last night, running circles around, under the bed.  Lasted so long I thought maybe she had brought a mouse into the bedroom.  The more I moved shit around to see if there was something there, the more she acted like she was catching something.  I tore the whole bed apart to make sure there wasn't something under the sheets.  It's going to be a long winter if the cat has cabin fever already.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 2:11 PM, Axls Rocket Queen said:

My little boy Ripley has been very poorly recently, 2 hospital stays to treat a blocked bladder most likely related to stress around moving house :cry:

He's doing better now thankfully, hoping we don't have any relapses now we're in our new place and he's getting more settled.

I feel for you! 3 weeks ago I had to take my kitty Quinn to the hospital...diagnosis was Feline Idiopathic Cystitis. Have had to change many things in his life to reduce the stress, pain and issues this has caused but after 3 long weeks I think he is finally feeling better. This will be lifelong for him though. Doesn't it break your heart when our fur babies are in such pain. :(

• Sad 1

I almost came home with another cat.  It's really hard to tell your friend, who use to take animals into protective custody, you don't have room.  When she tells you this cat needs a good home, you know it's been through some shit.  Thank god Karen stepped up.  I tell myself I don't have room but really I'd take another cat or two or three if it needs a home. :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:48 AM, marlingrl03 said:

I feel for you! 3 weeks ago I had to take my kitty Quinn to the hospital...diagnosis was Feline Idiopathic Cystitis. Have had to change many things in his life to reduce the stress, pain and issues this has caused but after 3 long weeks I think he is finally feeling better. This will be lifelong for him though. Doesn't it break your heart when our fur babies are in such pain. :(

Yeah that's what my boy has, with muscle spasm which caused the obstructions.  Got him on a long course of meds and hoping once he's fully settled in we can get him off most of he meds and avoid him needing PU surgery.  He's much better in himself and more relaxed (we only moved 2 weeks ago so still very new to him) but still not urinating 100% normally so taking it day by day.

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Image may contain: cat and indoor

So these 2 boys have been busy this holiday season....Barley swallowed a red ribbon, but thankfully it passed uneventfully! and ginger cat Quinn is finally over his FIC flare and is back to his energetic self. He is so serious though whenever I take his pic lol! :P

@marlingrl03 a very happy Christmas to you !!! ✊👊🎄🎁 the best wish to you! 😊

• 2 weeks later...

We have been in a wicked cold snap that won't break till Saturday. :thumbsdown: Right now it is -4*....I feel so badly for the dogs who have to go outside to do their business and the people that have to take them outside to do it if they don't have a yard. Even Barley has been hanging around the baseboard heater and has been eating more I think to stay warm...even though he is inside! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new stray.  A grey short hair with a racoon tail.  Not sure if it's a boy or a girl.  Won't let me come near or come when be called.  Mr Kitty showed back up today so I'm putting out food again.  Let me get to know the grey and we can work on a name.  Nobody is using my shelter.

I have found the answer to how one becomes an old lady with cats.  Do you go to the shelter and pick them up or do they just show up?  They just show up. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well, that was a little freaky.  Simone and I are on the couch and all the sudden there's Lily's head looking at us from the end of the couch.  She's a small cat so she's not tall enough to sit on the floor and look over the arm of the couch.  And she wasn't even touching the couch for support.  Simone and I look at each other, how's she doing that?  I look around the couch and Lily is standing up on her hind legs, like a person.  Her arms just hanging down at her side. :lol:  It was like her head was floating in air from where we were sitting.

• Haha 2