Pets!

pinkforgirls

So..... I spent $3k on my dog when she damaged her cruciate ligament,  5 months ago.

i nursed my poor pup through it. She was in a cage for 6 weeks. I took her out every 4 hrs for bathroom: 

after she got out:  no playing. Let her heal., I did EVERYTHING by the book that the vet said.

5 months later I threw the ball ONcE!!!!

her legs fucked again, same leg.

shes been a 3 legged dog now for a month.

the vet who did the operation wants more money to take her back in for more xrays.  Despite how much I love her, I feel that I have to draw a line. 
I can’t let my life get fucked up financially for my dog

Edited by megaguns1982

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, megaguns1982 said:

So..... I spent $3k on my dog when she damaged her cruciate ligament,  5 months ago.

i nursed my poor pup through it. She was in a cage for 6 weeks. I took her out every 4 hrs for bathroom: 

after she got out:  no playing. Let her heal., I did EVERYTHING by the book that the vet said.

5 months later I threw the ball ONcE!!!!

her legs fucked again, same leg.

shes been a 3 legged dog now for a month.

the vet who did the operation wants more money to take her back in for more xrays.  Despite how much I love her, I feel that I have to draw a line. 
I can’t let my life get fucked up financially for my dog

You need to take her back in- there could be an infection in the bone, the implants could have been damaged or it could be a new issue entirely.  

Our dog ran off. Our garden is fenced in, so whenever he wants out we just open the door for him. Now the snow is piling up above the fences but it hasn't been a problem until today when the weather turned and the snow got hard. He can now walk on top of the snow and naturally just straight out of the garden. He crossed the tram tracks and was spotted by the lady on the other side, literally just 50 meters away from our house. She took him in, took a picture of him, and posted it on a Facebook group about missing dogs in my city. The breeder we bought him from saw the picture and called me. From the moment I last saw him in the garden till she called me, not more than 40 minutes passed. 

I have now dug a ditch on the inside of the fence, hopefully that will discourage him from escaping again. Now he has to jump to get out, He's a whippet so the jump wouldn't be a problem to him (he could jump over the fence even when there's no snow), but hopefully it would be sufficient.

With the ditch, the heaps of snow, and the palisade, I now feel like a king in a motte-and-bailey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a new feral.  Little boy, he's full on grey.  He was hanging with Mr Kitty who I haven't seen in a while.  The girls like him.  He wants to follow the girls into the house.  Not happening until you're fixed.  He's not as afraid of me.  He was full coat but the left side of his face was missing some fur last night.  He doesn't use the feral box either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

Haha, it is. Since he's a gift from my mom I named him after her favorite actor. I think I had to sit through Dirty Dancing at least a dozen times as a kid, so the name seemed fitting :lol:

He's so cool.  He looks like he's extra long with a long tail.  Is that two different colored eyes?  And look at those whiskers!  He looks a little annoyed at you for taking his picture. :lol:

3 hours ago, cineater said:

He's so cool.  He looks like he's extra long with a long tail.  Is that two different colored eyes?  And look at those whiskers!  He looks a little annoyed at you for taking his picture. :lol:

He looks really long when he's stretched out. But he's kinda small for a male cat. His whiskers are comically long :lol:

And no, for some reason his eyes seem to have different colors in some pictures. I think it's the reflection of the color of my walls. His eyes are yellowish-green.

And you're right, he doesn't like it when I take his picture. Or when I'm doing something on the phone while he wants to play. :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

He looks really long when he's stretched out. But he's kinda small for a male cat. His whiskers are comically long :lol:

And no, for some reason his eyes seem to have different colors in some pictures. I think it's the reflection of the color of my walls. His eyes are yellowish-green.

And you're right, he doesn't like it when I take his picture. Or when I'm doing something on the phone while he wants to play. :lol:

My cat is same when i' m doing something on the phone :D seem they hate phones, he want to snatch my phone. Cats hate news technology....:lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We scared up a hare today on our walk. We still walk in the old ski tracks because the snow is compacted there and nice for hiking. The hare was about 50 meters ahead of us when we saw him - my dog was quick in pursuit. They ran out of sight but a few seconds later I could see them in the distance sprinting up a steep hill. Well, I won't see him for a while, I thought, and continued walking. Not long after, over a hill in front of me, the hare came running towards me! At top speed. With my dog still in close pursuit. The hare didn't see me until it was about 7-8 meters away and then it tried some high-speed dodging maneuvers that sent it shooting into some brambles next to the track. It crashed with a tree just a few meters to my right and my dog was only about a meter away from getting it. Fortunately it picked up speed again and raced down the tracks behind me, still with my dog close behind. It took 2-3 minutes before my dog came back, thankfully with no fur or blood in its mouth.

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, soon said:

My cat forgot how to jump up onto his one perch. Poor guy, but watching him try to remember was hilarious :lol:

I wondered where this topic had gone.

My cats have been having a wonderful time with all the amazon boxes and packing material coming in.  It was like a cardboard jungle for them one day.

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, cineater said:

I wondered where this topic had gone.

My cats have been having a wonderful time with all the amazon boxes and packing material coming in.  It was like a cardboard jungle for them one day.

My guy would love that too! His favorite activity is sitting inside a box well biting off pieces of it until the box is gone. I have a place I store the boxes over night so his chomping doesnt wake me up. Part of the morning routine is me putting his box down. He comes scurrying in as soon as he hears me even reach for it, and has hopped in it before it even hits the floor most days.

I actually worry about the dyes and glues. So I try to have some limit to it.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I popped out today to get some bedding and food for my rabbits and came home with an Axolotl.

d1acd9dbf510965d1c62e374c81f090d0de3f67e

74c7ddec3d6b17533e6f40b6872a5430160603ea

My kids are freaking out :lol:

so cute. I think animals of any kind make out lives to much happier.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, soon said:

My guy would love that too! His favorite activity is sitting inside a box well biting off pieces of it until the box is gone. I have a place I store the boxes over night so his chomping doesnt wake me up. Part of the morning routine is me putting his box down. He comes scurrying in as soon as he hears me even reach for it, and has hopped in it before it even hits the floor most days.

I actually worry about the dyes and glues. So I try to have some limit to it.

I know cats love all kinds of boxes and paper. I wonder why that is? anyway, you gotta love them! :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

so cute. I think animals of any kind make out lives to much happier.

I know cats love all kinds of boxes and paper. I wonder why that is? anyway, you gotta love them! :)

He isn't will reply you, he was banned.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, Ratam said:

He isn't will reply you, he was banned.

Oh sorry. But pets do make our lives to much better. I think animals should rule the world. Especially cats and dogs. They are just so loveable and make us smile. I treasure my cats because at the end of the day we all need unconditional love and petting an animal calms me.

• Like 1