pinkforgirls

Pets!

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

@marlingrl03 a very happy Christmas to you !!! ✊👊🎄🎁 the best wish to you! 😊

To you too @Ratam!!! and to everyone else here too and their precious pets. 😺🐶💗☃️🎄

• Thanks 2

I know they aren't pets but look at all those people rushing to help the wildlife in the Australian wildfires.  Great people out there doing wonderful things.

• Like 3

We have been in a wicked cold snap that won't break till Saturday. :thumbsdown: Right now it is -4*....I feel so badly for the dogs who have to go outside to do their business and the people that have to take them outside to do it if they don't have a yard. Even Barley has been hanging around the baseboard heater and has been eating more I think to stay warm...even though he is inside! 

I have a new stray.  A grey short hair with a racoon tail.  Not sure if it's a boy or a girl.  Won't let me come near or come when be called.  Mr Kitty showed back up today so I'm putting out food again.  Let me get to know the grey and we can work on a name.  Nobody is using my shelter.

I have found the answer to how one becomes an old lady with cats.  Do you go to the shelter and pick them up or do they just show up?  They just show up. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

Well, that was a little freaky.  Simone and I are on the couch and all the sudden there's Lily's head looking at us from the end of the couch.  She's a small cat so she's not tall enough to sit on the floor and look over the arm of the couch.  And she wasn't even touching the couch for support.  Simone and I look at each other, how's she doing that?  I look around the couch and Lily is standing up on her hind legs, like a person.  Her arms just hanging down at her side. :lol:  It was like her head was floating in air from where we were sitting.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

So..... I spent $3k on my dog when she damaged her cruciate ligament,  5 months ago.

i nursed my poor pup through it. She was in a cage for 6 weeks. I took her out every 4 hrs for bathroom: 

after she got out:  no playing. Let her heal., I did EVERYTHING by the book that the vet said.

5 months later I threw the ball ONcE!!!!

her legs fucked again, same leg.

shes been a 3 legged dog now for a month.

the vet who did the operation wants more money to take her back in for more xrays.  Despite how much I love her, I feel that I have to draw a line. 
I can’t let my life get fucked up financially for my dog

Edited by megaguns1982

Oh no, I wouldn't want to see her suffer through that again.  I guess get the xrays, see what's going on and what choices you have for her.  Money is going to have to be a consideration.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, megaguns1982 said:

So..... I spent $3k on my dog when she damaged her cruciate ligament,  5 months ago.

i nursed my poor pup through it. She was in a cage for 6 weeks. I took her out every 4 hrs for bathroom: 

after she got out:  no playing. Let her heal., I did EVERYTHING by the book that the vet said.

5 months later I threw the ball ONcE!!!!

her legs fucked again, same leg.

shes been a 3 legged dog now for a month.

the vet who did the operation wants more money to take her back in for more xrays.  Despite how much I love her, I feel that I have to draw a line. 
I can’t let my life get fucked up financially for my dog

You need to take her back in- there could be an infection in the bone, the implants could have been damaged or it could be a new issue entirely.  

Our dog ran off. Our garden is fenced in, so whenever he wants out we just open the door for him. Now the snow is piling up above the fences but it hasn't been a problem until today when the weather turned and the snow got hard. He can now walk on top of the snow and naturally just straight out of the garden. He crossed the tram tracks and was spotted by the lady on the other side, literally just 50 meters away from our house. She took him in, took a picture of him, and posted it on a Facebook group about missing dogs in my city. The breeder we bought him from saw the picture and called me. From the moment I last saw him in the garden till she called me, not more than 40 minutes passed. 

I have now dug a ditch on the inside of the fence, hopefully that will discourage him from escaping again. Now he has to jump to get out, He's a whippet so the jump wouldn't be a problem to him (he could jump over the fence even when there's no snow), but hopefully it would be sufficient.

With the ditch, the heaps of snow, and the palisade, I now feel like a king in a motte-and-bailey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, positive spin, there are people out there who care about your dog as much as you do.

• Like 1

Little George took the apple but left the potato.  Maybe opossums don't like starches but I did give him two choices and I know he loves apples.  Threw some bread out there for him.  We'll see if he likes that. 

• Like 2

I have a new feral.  Little boy, he's full on grey.  He was hanging with Mr Kitty who I haven't seen in a while.  The girls like him.  He wants to follow the girls into the house.  Not happening until you're fixed.  He's not as afraid of me.  He was full coat but the left side of his face was missing some fur last night.  He doesn't use the feral box either.

Just now, EricA said:

@UcudBmineis the name for real? if so, one of the best i've ever heard for a🐈

Haha, it is. Since he's a gift from my mom I named him after her favorite actor. I think I had to sit through Dirty Dancing at least a dozen times as a kid, so the name seemed fitting :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

Haha, it is. Since he's a gift from my mom I named him after her favorite actor. I think I had to sit through Dirty Dancing at least a dozen times as a kid, so the name seemed fitting :lol:

He's so cool.  He looks like he's extra long with a long tail.  Is that two different colored eyes?  And look at those whiskers!  He looks a little annoyed at you for taking his picture. :lol:

3 hours ago, cineater said:

He's so cool.  He looks like he's extra long with a long tail.  Is that two different colored eyes?  And look at those whiskers!  He looks a little annoyed at you for taking his picture. :lol:

He looks really long when he's stretched out. But he's kinda small for a male cat. His whiskers are comically long :lol:

And no, for some reason his eyes seem to have different colors in some pictures. I think it's the reflection of the color of my walls. His eyes are yellowish-green.

And you're right, he doesn't like it when I take his picture. Or when I'm doing something on the phone while he wants to play. :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

He looks really long when he's stretched out. But he's kinda small for a male cat. His whiskers are comically long :lol:

And no, for some reason his eyes seem to have different colors in some pictures. I think it's the reflection of the color of my walls. His eyes are yellowish-green.

And you're right, he doesn't like it when I take his picture. Or when I'm doing something on the phone while he wants to play. :lol:

My cat is same when i' m doing something on the phone :D seem they hate phones, he want to snatch my phone. Cats hate news technology....:lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ratam said:

My cat is same when i' m doing something on the phone :D seem they hate phones, he want to snatch my phone. Cats hate news technology....:lol:

Hahaha I think they mostly hate the fact that they aren't getting any attention when you're on the phone. :lol:

4 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Hahaha I think they mostly hate the fact that they aren't getting any attention when you're on the phone. :lol:

Exactly :D

Little George has a baby, pretty sure it wasn't a rat.  Hard to tell a opossum from a rat at this age.

• Like 1

We scared up a hare today on our walk. We still walk in the old ski tracks because the snow is compacted there and nice for hiking. The hare was about 50 meters ahead of us when we saw him - my dog was quick in pursuit. They ran out of sight but a few seconds later I could see them in the distance sprinting up a steep hill. Well, I won't see him for a while, I thought, and continued walking. Not long after, over a hill in front of me, the hare came running towards me! At top speed. With my dog still in close pursuit. The hare didn't see me until it was about 7-8 meters away and then it tried some high-speed dodging maneuvers that sent it shooting into some brambles next to the track. It crashed with a tree just a few meters to my right and my dog was only about a meter away from getting it. Fortunately it picked up speed again and raced down the tracks behind me, still with my dog close behind. It took 2-3 minutes before my dog came back, thankfully with no fur or blood in its mouth.

• Haha 1