Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

32 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

1. Maybe it is a sign of things to come. Who knows? The Switch is going on two years. Time for Nintendo to turn up the heat and get serious. If they did integrate the Gamecube into the Switch I would be more than thrilled. 

2. NES Arcade Classics is just a half assed attempt. It is a fucking joke. If I recall correctly, Nintendo just licensed third party to make these games. Why not give us at least NES and SNES? These are simple games to port. The fact Nintendo doesn't seem remotely interested just shows poor business.

I have never played Wild Guns. I will look into it. 

Street Fighter is third party. If they keep trying third party, I might just opt for a PlayStation or XBox. With that said I might buy it. It is one of the strongest games I see unfortunately.

At the end of the day, all I wanted from Nintendo was to keep pumping out Super Mario games. Their bread and butter. Everything else is just noise to me.

If a remake of MK8 and Odyssey is the best they can do, then this is the worst fucking Nintendo system ever. Not being hyperbolic. It is shit. 

fair enough. everyone wants different things. at the end of the day it's just a game console. i use it daily and, sad fucker that i am, i couldnt imagine life without it anymore.

tabletop mode in the sofa using the pro controller, while the wife watches wedding programs. other people cheat to save their marriage, i have the switch :P

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

As I said I think it's understandable for Wii U owners to be peeved. But like @action I also didn't get a Wii U and all the ports are fantastic for players like us. On the other hand, there are already new games released/releasing that are great - quite a lot of exclusives too. ARMS, Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Smash Bros, Metroid 4, the list goes on. There's a lot on the horizon.

I love MK8 Deluxe but the only other one I've only played is 7 so I can't debate about that.

I agree they are taking fucking ages with virtual console, but again, that's something that will be resolved be it in the form of regular virtual console and/or the free games you get with their online service.

1. Actually, no. The Switch is going on 1 year and when you consider that, despite them taking a long time for certain features(especially virtual console) I think they're doing awesome.
2. I am certain the reason is because NES, SNES etc is tied to their not yet rolled out online service, not because they aren't interested.

I've never played Wild Guns either, it looks fantastic.

make that less than a year ;)  also, lifetime wiiU sales already beaten, and released two all time classics in the form of zelda and mario.

honestly? i couldnt complain even if i tried

6 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Which actually makes me very, very sad. Either the world has gone completely mad, or I am taking crazy pills. 

Besides the portability, the Wii U offers everything the Switch has and more. It is the better system.

more power to you man. glad you enjoy the WiiU

Edited by action

I would be so damn pissed if I spent money on this Switch. Fortunately I got it as a birthday gift. (Not to sound like a complete ungrateful ass. :lol:)

I just can't use it. I would love to download Super Mario Bros. 3 or something until Yoshi comes out, but instead we get classics like Super Meat Boy and Shovelware Knight, games that look like they were made 25 years ago. 

*fart noise*

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You may as well wait for the hardware to be updated then, I imagine that will happen next year.

BTW I think Nintendo's biggest fuckup with the Switch is the storage size of the cartridges. They need to increase that shit asap, which they are, but it should have been from the get-go.

I look at the Wii U as similar to the Dreamcast, basically sold fuck all, but has the potential to become a real cult machine, the library of games is top notch.

I see Bayonetta 2 has come out on the Switch, which I thought might happen, with 3 to follow. Probably seals the deal that I'll get one.

• Like 1

^^couldn't disagree more. 

I think the Switch BLOWS the Xbox 1 and PS4 away. Not only does it have better first party games, but developers are RUNNING to jump on the bandwagon. Honestly after getting a Switch, you couldn't get me to trade it for BOTH an Xbox 1 AND PS4. They feel like old technology for me now. Being stuck on tv sucks man, it just does. I can take my switch to work, on vacation, wherever I want. I still can play my games. You are stuck to a couch and tv. Seems lame in 2018 imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Perfectly said. 

I think it is easily the best system Nintendo has made since the N64.

Screw that, GameCube for the win. 2nd best console of THAT generation. PS2 was popular for the DVD player. Graphics and games wise OG Xbox and GameCube were better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I think the Switch BLOWS the Xbox 1 and PS4 away. Not only does it have better first party games, but developers are RUNNING to jump on the bandwagon. Honestly after getting a Switch, you couldn't get me to trade it for BOTH an Xbox 1 AND PS4. They feel like old technology for me now. Being stuck on tv sucks man, it just does. I can take my switch to work, on vacation, wherever I want. I still can play my games. You are stuck to a couch and tv. Seems lame in 2018 imo.

What is there to play besides Zelda and Mario? Honestly. 

Why don't they make a new Mario Kart game instead of re-releasing arguably the worst one ever?

Where is Virtual Console?

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

couldn't agree more

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Why don't they make a new Mario Kart game instead of re-releasing arguably the worst one ever?

relax. there's always the dreamcast and the WiiU ;)

what is there to play? three times more games already than the WiiU got in its entire lifespan. we've got at least 5 years ahead of us, if we go by reggie's promises (i know i know, reggie is taking the piss most of the time, but this time, he's hit a home run)

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/switch-has-three-times-as-many-games-as-wii-u-did-at-this-point-and-theyre-better/

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/915833/Nintendo-Switch-news-update-Wii-U-sales-games-Metroid-Prime-4-Ridge-Racer-Namco

for further information and great insights, i refer to my favorite youtube channel. now put your switch in that dock, and unleash the pleasure ;)

Edited by action

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

It havent even been out 1 year. I think for the first year it's had a better line up than either the PS4 or Xbox 1 did. 

As for me, my game of choice is NBA 2k.

Virtual console WILL happen.

2 hours ago, action said:

relax. there's always the dreamcast and the WiiU ;)

what is there to play? three times more games already than the WiiU got in its entire lifespan.

With all due respect action, a good majority of these games are remakes from the Wii U (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), games that have been out for years on other systems (Skyrim), or 8-Bit games on the eShop. 

In other words, no meaningful, groundbreaking, original content. 

The argument that there is more games out for the Switch than other consoles in it's early history is a farce when most of it is prior releases. 

So if you like paying $300 for a system that plays dated PS3, Wii U, and 8-Bit trash, then I suppose the Switch is right for you. 

Also I am still waiting as to why I should buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if I already have Mario Kart 8.

You have to admit that is a load of fucking bullshit and a massive fuck you to Mario Kart fans. The best Nintendo could do in a new Mario Kart game was to re-brand it and add stupid C List characters and have the audacity to charge us sixty dollars for it?

Fuck

off

Shitendo.

You should be outraged. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a cheap cop-out. 

And now there is a high likelihood we won't see another Mario Kart game for the Switch. Can't you understand how this is disappointing? 

Edited by arnold layne

@arnold layne,

You are letting your fanboyisms guide your judgement. Breath of the Wild won GAME of the year. So THE best game of ALL games is on the Switch. Plus Mario Odessey is a serious contender for GOTY for 2018. So one could argue that the 2 best games on the market period are on the Switch. 

I like the Mario Kart games, and plan on getting 8 eventually, so that gives me 4 triple A games. To most people it IS a new game for the Switch, because most people didn't bother with the Wii U. They could redo Super Mario Maker and I'd be fine with it. Not to mention you will see all the N64 games and GameCube games make a return on the Switch, I'll guarantee that. It's seriously an amazingly versatile system, far more than Xbox or PS4 could dream of being.

Heck I'm super pumped to be able to play NBA 2k from the crapper. Beat that Playstation.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah the Switch has a very positive vibe. I love the versatility.

I don't know if you'll want to after our religious wars but we can add each other if you want. You too sourpuss @arnold layne :lol:

It's all good man 😃 

What's your account name? I can't remember mine off the top of my head, if have to log in.

@Iron MikeyJ,

But what does it say about Nintendo when most of their brand new releases are just ports from the Wii U? It screams laziness, and screams a giant 'fuck you' to the millions who spent their hard working money on the Wii U and the Nintendo Switch. I feel like I got screwed. I didn't expect to have a remake of the Wii U.

You do realize we may never see another Mario Kart game for the Switch right? Nintendo releases one Mario Kart game per console cycle. Instead of going all out they cashed in on a Wii U game.

And the fact that it has been a year with no virtual console is unacceptable. That should have been included on launch. 

It was laziness but people don't care because they passed on the Wii U. All Nintendo did was rebrand it, and market a worse product.

Edited by arnold layne

How is it worse than the Wii U? It's more powerful, more versatile, better games, and is getting 3rd party support. 

I understand if you feel screwed over because of the Wii U. Me on the other hand, I had the NES when it was new. Followed by SNES, N64, and the GameCube (I even bought the GC at launch). None of those systems EVER let me down. Now the WII, was fun for a minute, but I never bought one. I was into Xbox, then the 360 during that time. So this is MY first new Nintendo since the GameCube, and I'm in love. Like I said, I was an Xbox guy since the early 2000s. Even though I had a GC and an Xbox, I liked the Xbox better. This is the first Nintendo system since the SNES that I honestly feel is the best on the market. 

It seems to me that PlayStation fan boys are the ones most threatened by Nintendo's resurgence.