Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

4 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@action,

Punch out is the arcade version, not the NES version though.

yeah I know. it's kind of a mock-up list (PS4 virtual console?). Like you, I desperately want VC on the switch and this list helps to easy my mind, and make fun of the PS4 in the process :lol:

reggie has always said that nintendo wants to do something different with their legacy titles this time around. I feel, we get exactly that. arcade versions of nes titles with online rankings, remix versions of games like wild guns (with added extra's and online rankings), deluxe versions, joy con support....

I think this is a better thing than vanilla virtual console.

Edited by action

• 1 month later...

With the switch, I'm planning on finishing every game I own. With that in mind, and thanks to some free time, I've finished a lot of games lately. that's the beauty of the switch: thanks to portability, there is lots of time to finish your games. I finished both resident evil revelations games, donkey kong, manticore, bloodstained, wild guns, skyrim and payday 2. Only two more games to finish: yooka laylee and bayonetta 1.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Are you 100% them? I don't typically strive for 100%, and rarely go back once I beat the main story, so I'm just curious. 

depends. stuff like resident evil I complete on casual until I defeat the end boss. In mario kart, I need to get at least bronze on all courses. With that done, I can "claim" that game. But of course, I'll come back to the game and try to get better achievments, but I dont consider those mandatory to complete a game (would be too much stress and too little fun if it was some kind of obligation).

Edited by action

I can't wait until Captain Toad Treasure Trackers. Captain Toad was one of my favorite segments in Super Mario 3D World. 

Let's Go Pickachu! looks great as well. 

I throw a lot of shade at the Switch, but these games look like definitive great games to me. 

As for Hyrule Warriors, I expected nothing and was still disappointed. Turns out hack and slash gets old. Quick. 

On 5/22/2018 at 4:18 PM, arnold layne said:

I just got Hyrule Warriors: The Definitive Edition. Haven't played it yet. 

This might be one of the worst games I have ever played. For one reason or another, I expected more. 

So I bought NBA 2K. I really enjoy it. MyGM Mode might be the best sim game the Switch has to offer. 

so what does everyone hope / expect from the E3 for switch?

what I hope:

- resident evil 7 port (never played it before but refuse to buy a PSbore just for one  game)

- metal gear V port (my favorite PS3 game)

- mortal kombat trilogy (the 2D one. this one is insanely fun on the N64. now imagine portable multiplayer sessions)

- perfect dark / goldeneye port: there seems to be a small chance since nintendo is good buddies with microsoft these days

- formula 1 game: I miss spending my sunday afternoon with a formula 1 game

- starfox zero port: I think this would be awesome without motion controls. Never played it before since I dont own a WiiU

- gamecube remasters like Wave Race, F zero, mario sunshine, 1080 snowboarding: switch already has gamecube controller support and these games are sorely missed on the switch

what I expect: not much. but that's ok. the switch already has a very fun library. in fact, the switch library as it stands, is my second favorite of a nintendo console. Until further notice, the N64 remains my favorite nintendo console but the switch is getting pretty damn close!

that said, even if only either one game on that list is announced, I would be going absolute bonkers

Edited by action

@action

What I expect:

1. Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee demo announcements or news

2. Super Smash Bros. demo

3. Yoshi release date

4. Official launch date for Nintendo's Virtual Console (or pay to play) for Switch

What I hope:

1. New sidescrolling Super Mario game, even better if it's a 3D World sequel

On 3/17/2018 at 12:23 AM, action said:

it is, by far, my favorite switch game. and if you look at my games list, you'll notice some heavy hitters on there.

it's one of these rare games that you can't put down.

i'm also not alone. i have many switch friends who have already 100, 200 hours and more on the game.

my brother has it too. when he's at home, we play online. when he comes visiting, we play local wireless. these are the great goldeneye / perfect dark days revisited, but exponentially better

Just bought Payday 2 on Switch for my summer game based on this recommendation!

• GNFNR 1

On 3/17/2018 at 12:23 AM, action said:

it is, by far, my favorite switch game. and if you look at my games list, you'll notice some heavy hitters on there.

it's one of these rare games that you can't put down.

i'm also not alone. i have many switch friends who have already 100, 200 hours and more on the game.

my brother has it too. when he's at home, we play online. when he comes visiting, we play local wireless. these are the great goldeneye / perfect dark days revisited, but exponentially better

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

awesome! if I see you popping up online with payday 2, I'll make sure I'll join your gang 

Edited by action

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sounds good starting it tomorrow!

a word of guidance when you start this game. First thing you should do is finish some easy missions solo offline so you level up. Then, you earn XP and you can spend these on skills. It is important that you level up your defensive capabilities first and foremost, and in the end you get the tactical combat vest. This gives you maximum protection, which is realy essential for this brutal game.

don't bother with the "engineer" skills when you start.

if you don't have good protection, you will get frustrated with this game pretty fast, like I was at the beginning. Levelling up protection really opened up the game for me.

I mainly play offline, it's fun enough to do so. Multiplayer is great from time to time, but this game is perfectly playable offline singleplayer.

any question later down the line, feel free to shoot! 

Edited by action
  • Thanks 1

also, make sure you bring medipacks, will make life much easier!

I've clocked in about 60 hours in this game and I've only scratched the surface of the possibilities this magnificent game offers.

there are sneaking levels, it's a whole different ballpark. hard to master but so goddamn satisfying when it works. It's like playing a mission impossible movie or something.

shit, now you've got me started on this game again :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 6-6-2018 at 1:43 PM, action said:

so what does everyone hope / expect from the E3 for switch?

what I hope:

- resident evil 7 port (never played it before but refuse to buy a PSbore just for one  game)

- metal gear V port (my favorite PS3 game)

- mortal kombat trilogy (the 2D one. this one is insanely fun on the N64. now imagine portable multiplayer sessions)

- perfect dark / goldeneye port: there seems to be a small chance since nintendo is good buddies with microsoft these days

- formula 1 game: I miss spending my sunday afternoon with a formula 1 game

- starfox zero port: I think this would be awesome without motion controls. Never played it before since I dont own a WiiU

- gamecube remasters like Wave Race, F zero, mario sunshine, 1080 snowboarding: switch already has gamecube controller support and these games are sorely missed on the switch

what I expect: not much. but that's ok. the switch already has a very fun library. in fact, the switch library as it stands, is my second favorite of a nintendo console. Until further notice, the N64 remains my favorite nintendo console but the switch is getting pretty damn close!

that said, even if only either one game on that list is announced, I would be going absolute bonkers

well, you can see above what I hoped for, and I got nothing.

I'm pretty fucking bummed right now because of that abysmal nintendo presentation. Got to swallow the bitter pill and go on now. Fuck, and resident evil 2 remake was so damn cool. but again, I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game and besides I can't miss portability anyway.

3 hours ago, action said:

I'm pretty fucking bummed right now because of that abysmal nintendo presentation. Got to swallow the bitter pill and go on now. Fuck, and resident evil 2 remake was so damn cool. but again, I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game and besides I can't miss portability anyway.

I don’t think it was bad particularly, it was okay overall and mostly underwhelming. The whole E3 this year was eh.

2 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I wonder if Yoshi is cancelled. 

Sucks that it got no screen time, that was the game I was looking forward to most this year.

http://nordic.ign.com/switch/15908/news/e3-2018-why-you-didnt-see-metroid-prime-4-core-pokemon-rpg-i

Nintendo has explained why some of last year’s big E3 surprises weren’t at this year’s show.

Speaking to IGN, Nintendo’s Bill Trinen explained that Nintendo wanted to focus on a shorter window this year rather than showing off some of last year’s surprises like Metroid Prime 4 and the core Pokemon RPG.

“There was other stuff that we probably could have included in E3, but is probably a bit further out, and so we decided to really kind of keep the focus a little bit more on between now and early 2019, which I think you saw some hints of there with a couple of games,” Trinen told IGN.

“We want to show stuff when we think it's ready to show. Obviously it's not like we've stopped working on any of the things we talked about last year, that stuff's all being worked on,” Trinen added. “We'll just show stuff when we're ready to show it and really, right now, the focus is on two big games in the form of Smash and Pokemon [Let’s Go Eevee and Let’s Go Pikachu].”

Sounds reasonable enough for me. SSBU seemed to have done the trick for a buddy of mine, said he'd buy a Switch in December. Mario Party in october was also welcome news IMO, hadn't read anything about that. 

20 hours ago, action said:

Dude, PS4 has lots of great exclusive titles, if you were to buy one, it wouldn't be just for one game, that's for certain. 

42 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Dude, PS4 has lots of great exclusive titles, if you were to buy one, it wouldn't be just for one game, that's for certain. 

well aware of that. but tastes differ.

I'm not interested in the PS4. sony is the most anti-consumer video game company I have ever seen. a PSTV that doesnt even play half the vita games, blocking of fortnite accounts on the switch, anti custom firmware.

their exclusives are trash to my eyes. forced walking, forced DLC, forced always online, QTE's, focus on story rather than gameplay, handholding, cliché stories, dull gameplay, ugly playable characters (horizon zero dawn, god of war)....

I'm a switch player for a reason. but nintendo have seriously let me down this year. oh well, back to my N64 then.

• Like 1