Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

I keep HOPING for Dead by Daylight. This would make my year. I'm honestly contemplating buying an Xbox one S in the future strictly because I want to play Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th. I could (sad face) go without F13, so I'm begging for DBD, because NO WAY will F13 ever come to the Switch at this point (rights issues over the franchise). So if Dead by Daylight comes to the Switch I won't bother with the xbox (because I dont really want to buy one, its LITERALLY only for those 2 games). I honestly dont enjoy playing on the TV anymore (the switch has ruined me).

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I spent $20 on that NES emulator. 

I can see why people are pretty PO'd about it but I think there's some potential. I'm hoping to drink a few beers and play Techmo Bowl with my buds. Ice Hockey looks like a good multiplayer too. 

I think $20 for two hours of fun with your best friends is a good investment. 

13 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I spent $20 on that NES emulator. 

I can see why people are pretty PO'd about it but I think there's some potential. I'm hoping to drink a few beers and play Techmo Bowl with my buds. Ice Hockey looks like a good multiplayer too. 

I think $20 for two hours of fun with your best friends is a good investment. 

People are upset about it? Why? Sure, not THE BEST initial lineup, but they are releasing NEW games every month. So I would say it's pretty safe to say all the best games will be on there eventually. At least it had Mario 1, 3, and Zelda at launch. Double Dragon and River city were nice bonuses as well. My only "complaint" is too many sports games at launch. Ice Hockey was a good choice, as well techno bowl. But Tennis and golf could have waited imo. My wife LOVED Dr. Mario, that was worth the $20 for her.

I also bought the Capcom beat um bundle, which is pretty good as well. I played online with some people, and it got pretty glitchy when someone joined my game, so it would be nice if they find a way to clean that up. It's a pretty cool idea to play these arcade games online with people all over the world, it just needs a little cleaning up imo.

I am hopeful that in the future we will see SNES, N64, and Gamecube at least. Nintendo could make the SWITCH the ultimate Nintendo machine, which would be pretty amazing. Not to mention the ultimate modern retro gaming machine. I plan on getting the Sega classics bundle as well. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Might have asked this before but got a memory like a goldfish.

Can this thing be used without ever plugging it into a telly?

I want a hand held console and my HDMI ports are all in use on my telly can't be bother to unplug stuff and re plug stuff ... The sins of a lazy man 

Yes.

I never realised I'm a massive pinball fan until I tried the free demo of this game. This game took me by surprise by re-creating real life licensed pinball machines in stunning realism. The lights and sounds build up to great tension and feeling of accomplishment. Only one free table in the free download, so I'm going to buy the physical version which has all 11 tables unlocked. It has tables like frankenstein, last action hero, star trek, ghostbusters and even AC/DC.

seriously, you all want this game badly. but you don't realise it yet ;) 

Edited by action
  • Like 1

So none of you is using the dongle by team executer? It lets you run custom firmware and play backups, install emulators and much more even with the latest updates you can attach an external hardisk with tons of backups to it.

Its really great and the good thing is that the exploit is in the tegra chip so Nintendo can't do shit about it. But be aware this exploit is only possible in the devices from before juli 2018, cos in the latest revision of the switch the exploit was patched.

You can do a serial number check to see if your switch is hackable or not. The device costs about 50 bucks.

Edited by FRANSAD

• 2 months later...

Still loving my Switch. Played SMB2 last night and had so much fun! There's a new tetris game that's free too. Plus that Hollow Knight sequel will be great as well.

I never played Mario Maker before and have no desire to create levels. Is it worth getting to play other people's creations or are most crap? Also, do you need to be online to play to just whe  you download certain levels?

Edited by Coma16

• 1 month later...

With my bonus this year I finally picked up Breath of the Wild and haven't touched my xbox since! I also picked up New Super Mario Bros Deluxe Switch and I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed with it so far. Granted my first play through was with my kids and my daughter was being a moron and just saying over and over "I have no idea what I'm doing" and kept dying. Mind you she's 15 and my nine year old son was playing better than she was.

Looking forward to Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening. I also saw a rumor that Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are being ported to the Switch. I'll probably finally sell my Wii U if those come to the Switch as I only use it for those two Zelda games and Mario Maker.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

With my bonus this year I finally picked up Breath of the Wild and haven't touched my xbox since! I also picked up New Super Mario Bros Deluxe Switch and I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed with it so far. Granted my first play through was with my kids and my daughter was being a moron and just saying over and over "I have no idea what I'm doing" and kept dying. Mind you she's 15 and my nine year old son was playing better than she was.

Looking forward to Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening. I also saw a rumor that Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are being ported to the Switch. I'll probably finally sell my Wii U if those come to the Switch as I only use it for those two Zelda games and Mario Maker.

Breath of the Wild is bad to the bone.

The more powerful Switch is desperately needed.  I have Doom on it, but it is unplayable to me because the FPS and visuals are AWFUL compared to what I'm used to.

Edited by DeadSlash

On 2/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, 31illusions said:

Never played the original. So I'm pretty pumped! As required by law, I must purchase every Zelda game ever made!

I'm not sure how I feel about the art style on this.  My initial reaction is "meh" but it might change over time as it is wont to do when introduced to a new art style.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Agreed, the switch has a great catalog of games already and also some pretty nice complete versions of little older classic, they also got rid of the kiddy image nintendo consoles use to have. I really hoped a new mario kart would be announced it is about time for a new part in that series. Any news about mario kart android btw?