Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think that'd be a good fit and can see that happening. Looks like cheesy co-op fun lol.

It IS coming, supposedly sooner as opposed to later. Last I heard it was late spring 2019. Well, it's pretty late spring now and I haven't heard any news. I was kinda expecting to hear something at E3, but nothing. Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight are the upcoming Switch games I'm most looking forward to, followed by Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

looking forward to following switch games:

final fantasy VIII remaster (physical)

turok (physical)

turok 2 (physical)

blazing chrome (physical)

sniper elite 3 (physical)

I'm not too hot on any of the upcoming nintendo games (including BOTW2 and metroid prime 4). a new f zero, 1080 snowboarding, wave race or starfox would be far more exciting to me.

Edited by action

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, action said:

online only = no buy

It has offline mode as well. But the online mode is SUPER fun. Plus, let me add, it ACTUALLY works unlike Nintendo's first party online games. Do you have the Nintendo online service (you know the one with all the NES games? If you do, that's ALL you need).

I'm not here to twist your arm, but this IS the best Switch game at the moment. Is that something you want to pass up?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

2019 proves to me to be the best year of the switch thus far. So many ports of beloved classics, that I can relive: new super mario bros, keen dreams, FF 7, 9 and 10, capcom beat em up collection, Turok 1 and 2, saints row the third, contra and castlevania collections, resident evil 4, doom 3, collection of mana...

Also looking forward to grid autosport (now confirmed to have gamecube analogue trigger support!), link's awakening, sniper elite 3 and WRC8.

Might also pick up the following games if they should be released physically: bulletstorm duke nukem edition, final fantasy 8, star wars jedi outcast...

the switch library is really shaping up nicely. Already looking forward to what 2020 might bring. Here's hoping for timesplitters 2 and 3 ports, the star wars rogue squadron series and remasters of the 2D mortal kombat games.

2019 cemented the switch as my favorite nintendo console ever. It did not disapoint, it singlehandedly brought back my interest in gaming and the return to cartridges ensures durability for years to come.

8 hours ago, action said:

2019 proves to me to be the best year of the switch thus far. So many ports of beloved classics, that I can relive: new super mario bros, keen dreams, FF 7, 9 and 10, capcom beat em up collection, Turok 1 and 2, saints row the third, contra and castlevania collections, resident evil 4, doom 3, collection of mana...

Also looking forward to grid autosport (now confirmed to have gamecube analogue trigger support!), link's awakening, sniper elite 3 and WRC8.

Might also pick up the following games if they should be released physically: bulletstorm duke nukem edition, final fantasy 8, star wars jedi outcast...

the switch library is really shaping up nicely. Already looking forward to what 2020 might bring. Here's hoping for timesplitters 2 and 3 ports, the star wars rogue squadron series and remasters of the 2D mortal kombat games.

2019 cemented the switch as my favorite nintendo console ever. It did not disapoint, it singlehandedly brought back my interest in gaming and the return to cartridges ensures durability for years to come.

I agree with a lot of this. I'm not sure I would give it the title of "my favorite Nintendo console" yet, but it's easily 4th, maybe higher.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Anyone playing Mortal Kombat 11? It's on sale at Amazon and considering picking it up.

yeah it's definately the best mortal kombat since mortal kombat trilogy.

I don't mind with the complex combo combinations / techniques. it's all optional anyway.

I play this game like I play MK2: jumping / flying kicks / special move / uppercut / repeat.

I don't mind with online, the krypt or any of the microtransactions.

the absolute best part though: if you buy physical, you aren't even required to update. There are 12-something fighters on-cart and they are the best ones anyway. But then, you won't be able to go online or access the krypt. You are also only able to play against the CPU or a friend locally, one match at a time (no towers). You can treat it as a classic, basic mortal kombat then. if you update, you get access to the rest of the fighters (which I don't use)

29 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Have other games but there is just something to it

Zelda team magic/they have combined new influences with the Zelda formula while getting rid of some elements which have stagnated. The game is a masterpiece imo, but not without it's flaws. More dungeons, specifically more classic dungeons. Shrines don't quite compare. Why not both. Can't wait for the sequel.

20 hours ago, Rovim said:

Zelda team magic/they have combined new influences with the Zelda formula while getting rid of some elements which have stagnated. The game is a masterpiece imo, but not without it's flaws. More dungeons, specifically more classic dungeons. Shrines don't quite compare. Why not both. Can't wait for the sequel.

It's supposedly coming out with next gen switch, hopefully xmas next year. Looking forward to it.

Will play another game, I like open world games. Was interested in Pine, but not sure what it is about

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think I'm finally getting a Switch, I may go pick one up tomorrow

What are some good local multiplayer games?

I was looking at Overcooked and Mario 

As someone who doesn't have the online membership, I can recommend the following.

first off, nintendo was a bit scummy this time around for local multiplayer (especially with splatoon 2). you need to be carefull and informed when buying a game on switch, certainly with the first party games. I find most of them (except for mario kart) kind of lacking in fun for local multiplayer. I've had the most fun with third party games, both singleplayer and multiplayer.

also, depends on who you're paying with. As for me with my son, we've had a blast with starlink co-op and fifa18. we play a lot of mario kart battle mode (with cops-thieves, he's not much interested with racing) 

when I'm playing with my brother, we've had much joy with payday 2 which, come to think of it, for us is the best local multiplayer shooter on switch. splatoon 2 is AWFUL for local multiplayer: nintendo was very anti-consumer with this game: online or bust. you need one switch and one game per local player (same for payday 2 but that game is fun at least with two people since it has bots). If you have three players for splatoon you're even excluded for a local match: you need even numbers since nintendo didn't bother to make bots. mortal kombat 11 is my favorite game on switch, both singleplayer and multiplayer. ultra street fighter II is the definitve street fighter experience. horizon chase turbo is a fun arcade racer that has 4 player splitscreen mode.

as for mario odyssey, yoshi crafted world, captain toad, new super mario bros u, bayonetta: they have local multiplayer too but I din't find it much fun. most of the time it's a mess playing these games in co-op. it's there, but it's not much fun (says my son). kids are the best judge on this.

Edited by action

Mario Maker 2 vs online multiplayer is soooo much fun (lagging hasnt been much of an issue for me lately).

@action do you prefer the standalone USF2 to the anniversary arcade collection? I have the latter and love it, and the multi player is decent on it too (or used to be at least)

15 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

@action do you prefer the standalone USF2 to the anniversary arcade collection? I have the latter and love it, and the multi player is decent on it too (or used to be at least)

my brother has the arcade collection, but I find the difficulty too hard (these are arcade ports, after all). USFII has a more enjoyable difficulty level, and I can easily tackle the highest difficulties.