Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

@actionMK11 would be so much better if the servers didnt take so long to connect. Also, if I go come out of sleep mode while in the game it wont establish a connection and I have to restart the game. Annoying... the gameplay is a lot of fun though. I'm not even good and I'm winning kasual matches online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently it’s virtually impossible to buy a Switch right now. Shopping bots are wiping out inventories. The units are then being sold on eBay and other online third-party market places for $750 and up.  I’ve even heard used Switches being sold for $700.

So if you’re hard up for cash and your Switch is collecting dust, might be a good time to unload it. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

There's literally so many wonderful games on the Switch it'll be almost overwhelming when we get a new one. Still waiting for the Pro version.

I'm stoked they're adding the BioShock collection. Hoping they had the Dead Space and Mass Effect trilogies.

I'm looking forward to "burnout paradise" myself. A good arcade racer that features a title song of a certain band whose name escapes me

7 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

The N64 market is also thriving right now. Systems are harder and harder to find and games I bought months ago have now doubled or tripled in price. 

Sell them and then buy them back after the summer for a third of the price.

mario maker 2 just got a world maker feature.

my son of 7, who is really into creating, drawing and building, is beyond excited for this. And me too. He creates levels during the day and daddy can play them when he comes home from work. He's going "haha you won't be able to beat this level dad", (but in fact it's easy pie for me as a mario veteran for 30 years and counting) so naturally I make myself lose and then he's excited for making me lose.

I wonder what crazy stuff he has cooked up today

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

The N64 market is also thriving right now. Systems are harder and harder to find and games I bought months ago have now doubled or tripled in price. 

I think we've just reached the nostalgia phase of the N64 now. I don't find SNES game prices as crazy as they were a couple of years ago. That market has relaxed a little bit. Give it a couple years for N64 and then next we'll hit the ridiculous Gamecube mark-up phase.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I think we've just reached the nostalgia phase of the N64 now. I don't find SNES game prices as crazy as they were a couple of years ago. That market has relaxed a little bit. Give it a couple years for N64 and then next we'll hit the ridiculous Gamecube mark-up phase.

I was a day one N64 buyer and I loved it but I struggle to get nostalgic for much from that era. Other than Mario 64 and a few other notable titles most of the games from that first full 3D era have aged really badly.

Most N64 games are so blurry that it looks like somebody smeared Vaseline on the screen and PS1 games look like absolute shit. SNES games still look great today because of the pixel art but I can't really play anything after that until the original XBox/PS2/Gamecube era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I was a day one N64 buyer and I loved it but I struggle to get nostalgic for much from that era. Other than Mario 64 and a few other notable titles most of the games from that first full 3D era have aged really badly.

Most N64 games are so blurry that it looks like somebody smeared Vaseline on the screen and PS1 games look like absolute shit. SNES games still look great today because of the pixel art but I can't really play anything after that until the original XBox/PS2/Gamecube era. 

the N64 is the golden era of arcade racers:

top gear rally

the san francisco rush series

star wars pod racer

beetle adventure racing

destruction derby 64

lamborghini 64

wipeout 64

ridge racer 64

extreme G

They could port any of those games to the switch and it would instantly be one of the best switch racers around. I still play them from time to time. Barrels of fun, especially on a drunken evening when the wife has a women's night or something.

Only burnout comes somewhat close to the arcade goodness of the N64 era.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

If it wasn't for GoldenEye I probably wouldn't own it anymore. Even that hasn't aged well but the replay value is high for me. I realize I could just play it on an emulator but that's just not the same for me. You're right, though. The console has aged terribly and is almost unplayable these days on modern televisions. Clunky controls, awful graphics, and that ridiculous controller.

57 minutes ago, action said:

the N64 is the golden era of arcade racers:

top gear rally

the san francisco rush series

star wars pod racer

beetle adventure racing

destruction derby 64

lamborghini 64

wipeout 64

ridge racer 64

extreme G

They could port any of those games to the switch and it would instantly be one of the best switch racers around. I still play them from time to time. Barrels of fun, especially on a drunken evening when the wife has a women's night or something.

Only burnout comes somewhat close to the arcade goodness of the N64 era.

F-Zero was the best arcade racer on the system and you missed it off your list. :lol: As for the rest it's a big fat MEH. Wipeout peaked on the PS3. Ridge Racer was alright but then it was never that great in the first place outside of the arcade. I do however have many a fond memory of playing RR in the arcade in the early 90's so maybe the all the console versions sucked when you couldn't sit in a full sized MX5 to play. :lol: 

e81h7raj9vjx.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

If it wasn't for GoldenEye I probably wouldn't own it anymore. Even that hasn't aged well but the replay value is high for me. I realize I could just play it on an emulator but that's just not the same for me. You're right, though. The console has aged terribly and is almost unplayable these days on modern televisions. Clunky controls, awful graphics, and that ridiculous controller.

1.2 solitair, which makes you aim with the stick, and walk with the yellow buttons.

there is a shocking amount of people that, to this day, always used the default control setting which is nearly unplayable.

oh man, that game was so badass.

2 hours ago, action said:

1.2 solitair, which makes you aim with the stick, and walk with the yellow buttons.

there is a shocking amount of people that, to this day, always used the default control setting which is nearly unplayable.

That’s the control system I always used. It was originally used on Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, action said:

I'm a master with the default controls. I can strafe like nobody's business!

• Haha 1