Wagszilla

Nintendo Switch

15 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Switch has turned into my favourite console ever. Anyone else hyped for Octopath Traveler this Fri?

Octopath Traveler looks cool. I won't be getting it straight away though as I'm skint af and all my money's going on a new computer.

Pretty solid. I'm pleased they're starting to bring the classic Final Fantasy games over BUT no love for Final Fantasy VIII? That's a crime because it is the best.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Pretty solid. I'm pleased they're starting to bring the classic Final Fantasy games over BUT no love for Final Fantasy VIII? That's a crime because it is the best.

there's a good explanation for that. VII and IX were remastered for the PS4, so they can simply port those over to the switch. say hi to HD PC graphics. So no potato PS1 graphics on these classics. On top of that, some convenient additions were made: the option to disable random battles, the option to speed up the game during storytelling, and the Noob mode that lets you refill health and magic at the push of a button during battles.

VIII didn't get this treatment, yet so that's probably why it wasn't announced.

and by the way VIII is indeed the best. The best at being poop, with the lack of a magic meter :P

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

Luigi’s Mansion III and Animal Crossing. Yoshi’s Crafted World looks awesome. Fantastic direct. 9/10 for me.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

some great switch titles down the line. here are some of the ones I'm hyped for:

• GNFNR 1

Judging from the network tests Dark Souls Remastered on the Nintendo Switch is the definitive version of the game as they have enhanced it without messing up the art style/vision. You can play it portably too.

Every other version of the game is botched. On 360 and PS3 it was low res and unstable framerate, on PC same thing plus poor optimisation and lack of even proper mouse and keyboard support and the Xbox One, PC and PS4 versions of the Remaster although 60fps ruin the art direction/lighting/some the textures and does lots of stupid little things like instead of the bonfire flames slowly twisting upward like they're supposed to, on those versions they literally replaced it with just generic fire...the mind boggles.

I really, really love Dark Souls so I am stoked the best version is on my favourite console. Thinking of getting the Solaire Amiibo tbh and I still hope they put him in Smash Bros.

• Like 1