Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

by mario's moustache. i nearly got Doom today. it was so close i could smell it. hear my story.

so i was bored at work and i was browsing the net, and i decided to google "buy doom switch", and sure enough in the search results my local gameshop popped up and it mentioned "doom - in stock". Now you should know, this is a rather shitty store that always asks 10 dollars above factory price, and their website isn't always accurate. many times, with new games, the google result shows "in stock" but when you click the link, it says "not available" on the store's website. probably to gather traffic, but i digress.

i know from experience, this shop gets new games a couple of days before the street date, but they arent allowed to sell before that date.

what's interesting for crooks like myself, is the store clercks aren't the brightest people in the world. so that's when i came up with a cunning little plan. i called the store, and i went "i see your website sez doom-in stock so i wondered if you have it in store and if i can come and get it". the guys goes "oh yeah that game was delivered today, i have a bunch of them behind my desk". so i say "splendid. could you put one aside for me, i'll come and get it in about 10 minutes". "sure", the clerck says.

being a bit caught off guard by the clerck's ignorance, i quickly grabbed my coat, pumped with adrenaline. i have a half day off work and it would be a bliss spending it with the newest switch sensation. but, you guessed it, i was about to leave my office and the clerck calls me back "sorry to bother you mister, but i asked around here and we can't sell the game to you before tomorrow." I go "oh, too bad. strange that your website says in stock then, but ok". it was of no use. the clerck was now on his guard and i was caught out.

damn, man. i had it in my hand. fuck! :facepalm:

32 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Shitty store? You're talking about Gamestop/EB. aren't you?

:lol: good call.

no; i'm talking about "game mania", it's a belgian chain, comparable to gamestop in their practises. overcharging on games, pre-payment with preorders etc. also, the employees are typical gamestore breed: ignorant, arrogant and nintendophobe. but it's the only gamestore in my neighbourhood, so i guess i'll have to put up with them ;)

Edited by action

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I want you to give me your friend code, but you won't.

Shit! I'm sorry! I'm away from home today and don't have my Switch with me. I till try to remember to post it some time later today when I get back home.

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The last time I was in a EB Games this great big fat guy tried selling me a used game for full fucking price - and then he farted. I'm talking "did something just die?" levels of stink. He awkwardly slinked away lol.

I've never returned.

Jesus, is EB Games even still around? Here in the states they’ve been Defunct for a while.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, surprisingly.

For all my gaming needs I shop at nzgameshop.com or mightyape.co.nz They're my favourite stores on the citadel.

I have Best Buy’s Gamers Club Unlocked so I shop there. 20% off all games new (meaning 48 US dollars for a day one game as opposed to 60) with a ton of additional benefits. Plus Best Buy does some great things to get you in the stores, I got a Mario Odyssey poster and a Mario Odyssey Coin for attending the midnight launch :) 

doom on the switch is a fantastic experience. Already had some good times during lunchbreak with it. for me, it runs butter smooth. All the tech talk goes a bit above my head, but all i can say it's a blast to play. the best FPS in more than a decade. and there is an arcade mode that lets you replay each level to wreak as much havoc as possible and get points for it. brilliant.

I am also happy to note, that i have encountered absolutely no story whatsoever to detract from the action. i didnt think that would be possible in this day and age. Doom is a big "fuck off" to cinematic first person shooters. I'm highly entertained.

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Let us know how you find the multiplayer, assuming you have a microSD card.

the multiplayer sucks, reportedly. i'm not going to waste 9gb on it. my priorities lay elsewhere. i refuse to buy an SD card out of principle, since i have chose to go the physical route. i'm needing all the space for the future virtual console and digital only stuff like yooka laylee

for my multiplayer shooter needs, there is splatoon 2 which, frankly, is the best goddamn multiplayer shooter ever :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Currently have 720 moons in Odyssey, how are you guys who got the game doing in it so far?

well done! i'm about 250 in. progress goes slow. there is only so many moons you can get while playing on the toilet ;)

and doom and skyrim, which take up most of my time these days :headbang:

• GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, action said:

well done! i'm about 250 in. progress goes slow. there is only so many moons you can get while playing on the toilet ;)

and doom and skyrim, which take up most of my time these days :headbang:

Did you get the switch ports? I’ve heard they’re actually pretty damn good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, something.always said:

EB Games is GameStop. 

When I was in college, I managed a Babbages/Gamestop and EB tried to buy it.  It got blocked in some court, but it's still one of the craziest times in my work history because managers from EB just showed up and told us to start moving stuff changing signs etc.  Then we got a call from corporate telling us to disregard anyone from EB, tell them to leave and call the police if they didn't.   Long after I got a real job, Gamestop acquired EB.  I wondered where that manager was, and if he got fired.

Doom is pretty good on the Switch BUT if you already played it on PC, it's not a good idea to purchase.  Doom is one of the best looking hand held games I've ever seen, but compared to the PC running it with improved visuals at 90 FPS... well, you can tell the difference between 30 and 90.

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Someone called 'N. Koli' added me, anyone know who that is?

i get random friend requests like these from time to time. you can add people by looking at your play history - people you have met online. god knows what creep it is. it could be a 70 year old pervert, sitting in his filthy sofa while only wearing underpants, covered in blood from his latest victim.

I suggest deleting it in a couple of days ;) 

Friendly reminder how well the Switch is doing right now.

The Nintendo Switch has sold 2.5 million units alone in Japan. For contrast, the PS4 has sold 5.5 million and has been out since early 2014. There. 

I gotta hand it to Nintendo: one of the worst selling traditional, main consoles of all time to one of the best on the next go around. They sure did their research.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Neat. I just bought the season pass the other day too.

Look into the trailer, you get a pretty damn sweet prize for beating the second DLC pack as well ;)

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Neat. I just bought the season pass the other day too.

Oh...and it’s out tonight btw.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

My biggest hope for it is to include more side-quests. I'd also like the ability to build hideouts/shelters or at least purchase more properties.

How would you(and anyone else reading this) feel about a multiplayer DLC?

Love the idea, would buy it within nanoseconds, would never happen with Nintendo.

((just me or do Nintendo and GNR have a lot of similarities..?))

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Here's another idea, a new area; a coastal city where you can build custom houseboats. Part of the story could be rebuilding parts of Hyrule, now that Ganon is defeated people and creatures new and old return. One of the places you rebuild could be that colliseum, which would be used for the online multiplayer.

P.S. Yes, there definitely are similarities to GNR, fortunately/unfortunately.

All I can say is please figure out a way to get yourself a job at Nintendo :P 

31 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Fucking yeah! Bayonetta 3 exclusive for Switch+Bayonetta 1 & 2 coming.

Long live the Switch!

Was pleasantly surprised to see that announced! Good choice by Nintendo to display a mature rated game announcement here- they’ve gotten so much damn better at advertising. Props to em.

Breath of the Wild just won best game direction...here’s hoping either that or Odyssey wins GOTY!