Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

11 hours ago, action said:

never played a bayonetta game before. (didnt have a wiiU)

i might buy this. i hear it's very action oriented, just my kind of game. i'm still salty about devil may cry collection not coming to the switch.

#crapcom

Bayonetta was originally released on the XBox360 and PS3. Highly recommended!

• GNFNR 1

just got "yooka laylee" and "resident evil". first playthrough on both games. happy to report these are two great games, especially YL. it has all the classic Rare gameplay and humour you know and love. it feels like after all these years, Rare has finally come home. when it gets a physical release i'm going to double dip on this one. this game means a lot to me.

Edited by action

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, at first I thought...what is this shit? But it's actually pretty amazing. Would be incredible for kids.

Makes me wish I was a kid still as this is the type of shit I would’ve loved. Can’t see myself getting one at this age unfortunately besides for collecting purposes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

You guys see the new Nintendo Labo shit? I was born in the wrong generation :( 

no you aren't! you're one of those "kids at heart" nintendo told us about earlier. ;) 

in all seriousness, seeing how my son likes to make all kinds of stuff with paper and tape, this looks like a godsend. Fabricate quirky and cool stuff together with my son, and THEN put these items to use on the big screen....

it's not GTAV of course, and at 70 $ it's perhaps a bit expensive, but if the accompanying video game is fun, it might justify the price.

i wonder how my coworkers will look though, when i arrive at work wearing my cardboard robot suit :P

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, at first I thought...what is this shit? But it's actually pretty amazing. Would be incredible for kids.

would you say that... nintendo is thinking outside of the box? :P 

Spoiler

a cardboard box

Edited by action

10 minutes ago, action said:

no you aren't! you're one of those "kids at heart" nintendo told us about earlier. ;) 

in all seriousness, seeing how my son likes to make all kinds of stuff with paper and tape, this looks like a godsend. Fabricate quirky and cool stuff together with my son, and THEN put these items to use on the big screen....

it's not GTAV of course, and at 70 $ it's perhaps a bit expensive, but if the accompanying video game is fun, it might justify the price.

i wonder how my coworkers will look though, when i arrive at work wearing my cardboard robot suit :P

would you say that... nintendo is thinking outside of the box? :P 

Hide contents

a cardboard box

I am a kid at heart. But I don’t see myself putting together a bunch of cardboard and then fighting a giant ass robot when my preferred method of gaming has always been a controller and a couch, I know your joking of course so my point is completely irrelevant lol

Nintendo is awesome. I’m really happy this exists as is it is going to give many kids really happy childhoods and memories to have. Plus it’s going to sell the switch like poopy on a stick and they’ll reach 20 mil this year 

• GNFNR 1

• 5 weeks later...

The Nintendo Switch is a giant BUST for me.

Every single game worth playing (besides Odyssey) can be played on your Wii U. 

Besides Odyssey this system offers absolutely nothing. No virtual console. No internet. No Netflix. No good games. 

I don't want to play a remake of Mario Kart 8. Fuck off Nintendo. Get off your ass and make a new one. 

And to make it worse, there is nothing in the near future to be excited about. I mean a new Yoshi game may be it. Sad. 

Why can't Nintendo throw us a bone and make another Super Mario 3D World (incredible!), a new Mario Kart, even a new Super Mario Bros. ffs. 

This shit sucks. I might sell mine honestly. The Wii U was so much better and it isn't even close (Netflix, Hulu, internet, virtual console with dozens of classics, backward compatability, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, etc.).

On 10/20/2016 at 4:21 PM, Dan H. said:

Im down for this,  I'll buy it.

'Specially if it still has access to the Nintendo store, so I can download all the classics

They even fucked that up. 

The Wii, released twelve years ago, had legacy games and Netflix. If it weren't for the Wii's controllers, I would even argue the Wii is superior. 

This shit is going in the trashcan. Fuck you Nintendo.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

If you previously bought a Wii U that is just pissing you off and making you impatient and understandably so tbh. But there is a ton of games coming out and those features will be added. I suggest you get Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I will consider it, but even that feels like a cop--out. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom is a Ubisoft game. Nintendo licensed out Mario so Ubisoft could throw in their rabbits. 

I am actually fuming pissed. Everything was just poorly executed.  

4 hours ago, arnold layne said:

They even fucked that up. 

The Wii, released twelve years ago, had legacy games and Netflix. If it weren't for the Wii's controllers, I would even argue the Wii is superior. 

This shit is going in the trashcan. Fuck you Nintendo.

if i had a WiiU i would be angry too. but i passed on the WiiU, and all of these ports are like new games to me.

that said, stuff like metroid 4, yoshi, ridge racer 8, wild guns reloaded, bayonetta 3, aqua moto racing, doom, skyrim, yooka layllee... can't be played on the WiiU.

the switch also offers local multiplayer, anywhere. that and portability out of the box, are also two big selling points.

Edited by action

40 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Honestly @Oldest Goat, remaking MK8 really puts a bad taste in my mouth. That is super cheap. Remaking a game that wasn't even five years old is something Nintendo usually never does. 

Not only that, but it is objectively the worst MK game since Double Dash. 

2017 is objectively nintendo's best year since 1998. i think that's hard to negate, with mario and zelda releasing in the same year. it may not be everyone's taste, but these two games are well received across a large amount of the community.

i wouldnt know about double dash. mario kart 64 was the last one i played. but the steering / gas help resulted in me having an awesome time with this, with my 5 year old son. things get too difficult? turn up the difficulty to 200 cc and switch off all steering help. good luck cornering while drifting and braking at the same time. very satisfying when it succeeds.

a small resume on why the switch is nintendo's best console since the N64:

- cartrdidges / no moving parts guarantee a long hardware life

- instant startup times with the sleep function. starting up a new game takes a very short time too. faster than anything since the N64 as a matter of fact.

- colours are back (if that's important to you. to me, it is)

- nintendo caters back to their old fanbase. gone are the casual focused games like wii sports / resort, back is old style 3D mario

- small point, but "nintendo switch" sounds infinitely better than "Wii"

- infinitely better marketing, with focus on young adults

- fresh new ideas like arms and labo. not for everyone, but at least they try.

- third parties are back: doom, skyrim, street fighter, resident evil, LA noire, FIFA

- gone is that aweful sensor bar of the Wii days

- all games are playable with the Pro controller. motion gimmicks aren't tacked on or mandatory

all my opinion of course. i'm so glad i didn't buy that wretched WiiU. even nintendo didnt care about that piece of trash

Come on. If they truly cared about their older fan base @action, they would have virtual console included on it. 

Not all hope is lost I guess. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is probably one of the greatest games of all time. I admit.

I don't care about any of those games. Skyrim has been out for nearly a decade. Who fucking cares. Give me original and old Nintendo content ffs. Not this half assed bullshit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arnold layne said:

The Nintendo Switch is a giant BUST for me.

Every single game worth playing (besides Odyssey) can be played on your Wii U. 

Besides Odyssey this system offers absolutely nothing. No virtual console. No internet. No Netflix. No good games. 

I don't want to play a remake of Mario Kart 8. Fuck off Nintendo. Get off your ass and make a new one. 

And to make it worse, there is nothing in the near future to be excited about. I mean a new Yoshi game may be it. Sad. 

Why can't Nintendo throw us a bone and make another Super Mario 3D World (incredible!), a new Mario Kart, even a new Super Mario Bros. ffs. 

This shit sucks. I might sell mine honestly. The Wii U was so much better and it isn't even close (Netflix, Hulu, internet, virtual console with dozens of classics, backward compatability, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, etc.).

I agree overall. Haven't picked mine up in months. I travel a shit-ton for work and I can't even bring myself to bother with it for the plane ride & hotel time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Come on. If they truly cared about their older fan base @action, they would have virtual console included on it. 

Not all hope is lost I guess. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is probably one of the greatest games of all time. I admit.

I don't care about any of those games. Skyrim has been out for nearly a decade. Who fucking cares. Give me original and old Nintendo content ffs. Not this half assed bullshit.

my original gamecube controllers works on the switch, using the WiiU adapter. a hint of things to come?

i want virtual console as much as the next one, but in the meantime we have:

- nes arcade classics

- wild guns reloaded confirmed

- street fighter collection

- WiiU ports are some sort of WiiUvirtual console, no? expensive, sure, but the option is there. with added content and local portable multiplayer. good times when inviting friends.

- megaman X collection

it's a solid offering. i'm sure more is to come. it's such a shame it takes so long.

23 minutes ago, action said:

my original gamecube controllers works on the switch, using the WiiU adapter. a hint of things to come?

i want virtual console as much as the next one, but in the meantime we have:

- nes arcade classics

- wild guns reloaded confirmed

- street fighter collection

- WiiU ports are some sort of WiiUvirtual console, no? expensive, sure, but the option is there. with added content and local portable multiplayer. good times when inviting friends.

- megaman X collection

it's a solid offering. i'm sure more is to come. it's such a shame it takes so long.

1. Maybe it is a sign of things to come. Who knows? The Switch is going on two years. Time for Nintendo to turn up the heat and get serious. If they did integrate the Gamecube into the Switch I would be more than thrilled. 

2. NES Arcade Classics is just a half assed attempt. It is a fucking joke. If I recall correctly, Nintendo just licensed third party to make these games. Why not give us at least NES and SNES? These are simple games to port. The fact Nintendo doesn't seem remotely interested just shows poor business.

I have never played Wild Guns. I will look into it. 

Street Fighter is third party. If they keep trying third party, I might just opt for a PlayStation or XBox. With that said I might buy it. It is one of the strongest games I see unfortunately.

At the end of the day, all I wanted from Nintendo was to keep pumping out Super Mario games. Their bread and butter. Everything else is just noise to me.

If a remake of MK8 and Odyssey is the best they can do, then this is the worst fucking Nintendo system ever. Not being hyperbolic. It is shit.