11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

8 minutes ago, Cughall'a said:

Hey! Is a small stadium in a country city in the third world. What the hell are you expecting?

River Plate Stadium is a whole other story.

I was expecting them to play in modern facilities . but hey it looks intimate which makes for a better show

8 hours ago, Cughall'a said:

Hey! Is a small stadium in a country city in the third world. What the hell are you expecting?

River Plate Stadium is a whole other story.

Well, Rosario is an important city turist of Argentina :P. Thoug the show was going to be in Cordoba, where played Maiden in Febrery. But not closed the talks.

Edited by lucasnesposito

On 31/10/2016 at 6:35 AM, Cughall'a said:

Pregunta para los rosarinos: Yo voy a estar en Platea Río Alta - Sector V. Las entradas son numeradas. La pregunta es: se respeta la numeración de los asientos? Yo sé que la lógica dice que sí, pero no tengo ganas de llegar y ponerme a pelear con algún gil que se sentó en mi lugar.

Se deberá respetar la numeración, claro que si. Pere si encuentras a uno sentado en tu asiento, pégale! :lol: ... Lo mejor es ir temprano.

• Like 2

WOW! that's going to be one loud fucking show do to is small size.  GNR needs to turn the volume way up anyway.  AC/CD was 10x louder which is why you all complement Axl's voice.  I think its Duff being a pussy and needs to man up and tell them to CRANK it! ya I just called out Duff, Its rock n roll not Pop.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

WOW! that's going to be one loud fucking show do to is small size.  GNR needs to turn the volume way up anyway.  AC/CD was 10x louder which is why you all complement Axl's voice.  I think its Duff being a pussy and needs to man up and tell them to CRANK it! ya I just called out Duff, Its rock n roll not Pop.

Gnr would be a disaster to have to do the mix for. The instruments blend so well together that if one is off it throws the music off. The guitars are just as important as Axl's voice. Then you have Axl himself who is constantly asking for the sound to be adjusted throughout the show. I'd lose my mind trying to get it all right.

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Gnr would be a disaster to have to do the mix for. The instruments blend so well together that if one is off it throws the music off. The guitars are just as important as Axl's voice. Then you have Axl himself who is constantly asking for the sound to be adjusted throughout the show. I'd lose my mind trying to get it all right.

But the fact is that Axl is much turned down as compared to what it used to be in the 90-, sometimes you can barely hear him, I don't know why they do it like this...

15 minutes ago, Asia said:

But the fact is that Axl is much turned down as compared to what it used to be in the 90-, sometimes you can barely hear him, I don't know why they do it like this...

There's probably a number of reasons, but my best bet is that Axl's vocal is turned down lower for the first half of the show because he doesn't warm up until then, the sound engineer knows this and protects Axl by not pumping the volume, and instead having a louder gtr mix...But, you end of craning to hear Axl, so it's not a great compromise. I'd rather hear Axl a little rusty than to not hear him at all when I've paid to see and hear him live.

The other option is that he doesn't usually do soundcheck so his mix isn't right when he goes on stage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There's probably a number of reasons, but my best bet is that Axl's vocal is turned down lower for the first half of the show because he doesn't warm up until then, the sound engineer knows this and protects Axl by not pumping the volume, and instead having a louder gtr mix...But, you end of craning to hear Axl, so it's not a great compromise. I'd rather hear Axl a little rusty than to not hear him at all when I've paid to see and hear him live.

The other option is that he doesn't usually do soundcheck so his mix isn't right when he goes on stage.

Funny thing is Axl's strongest songs are in the first half of the show. :lol: Another theory as to why he's doing that is that if the volume on his voice is turned down, he has to scream louder in order to be heard, and we've pretty much established he sounds better when he's screaming nowadays (Axl/DC, My Michelle, ISE etc).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asia said:

It's Axl's fault, he's not projecting his voice like he used to. When he gets more into his chest voice you can hear him just fine, when he stays with his head voice he disappears in the mix. 

Another thing is most of the stuff we listen to from the 90's is pro shot recordings, we are comparing those to cell phone recordings which have a harder time picking up the audio as clearly as something done professionally. In person I could hear Axl just fine. 

theres some great pro shot footage and audio here, compare these to what you get in the 90's. Axl can be heard much better in the actual mix, maybe not quite as loud as the 90's but he is distinguishable unlike some phone recordings

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's Axl's fault, he's not projecting his voice like he used to. When he gets more into his chest voice you can hear him just fine, when he stays with his head voice he disappears in the mix. 

Another thing is most of the stuff we listen to from the 90's is pro shot recordings, we are comparing those to cell phone recordings which have a harder time picking up the audio as clearly as something done professionally. In person I could hear Axl just fine. 

theres some great pro shot footage and audio here, compare these to what you get in the 90's. Axl can be heard much better in the actual mix, maybe not quite as loud as the 90's but he is distinguishable unlike some phone recordings

Whoa, I'd watched that clip before but it's a good reminder of just how powerful Axl's voice can be with GN'R in 2016. 

Let's hope he has a belter tonight!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

NO way, Angus was loud AF and axl did just fine never needed a warm up.  Its not just Axl that is quiet they all are.  So as Axl would say turn that shit up "home fucks".  hoping by the time they hit the USA again they get there man cards back.