Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh? Rose has put out one album in twenty-five years!

Then why were 'Scraped', 'Shackler's Revenge', 'If the World', 'Rhiad' - the list goes on - included on Chinese? The 'right' tunes. Scraped is comically bad. It sounds like a mash-up of a Backstreet Boys' number and a Korny b-side. It is extraordinarily terrible. Yet ten years of tinkering and 14 million and he deemed 'Scraped' to be good enough to release on his magnum opus! The mind boggles. 

Knowing how to put it together is one thing. Knowing how to let it go and actually releasing it is another.

And the fact you think Chinese is a bad album is irrelevant.

He is still going to tinker and what I'm saying is that it also has a positive effect on the material. Piecing ideas together, making sure the album makes an artistic statement, that the music is perfectly recorded, tracklisting and Gn'R effects were always all on Axl.

So again, I think Chinese was supposed to be a double album like UYI. It ended up being a varied album with tunes like Shackler's and Catcher on the same album which is weird but all the tunes still work together thematically like how old Guns albums function.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Knowing how to put it together is one thing. Knowing how to let it go and actually releasing it is another.

He still wanted to 'put things together' after its release if we believe Stinson.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

And the fact you think Chinese is a bad album is irrelevant.

I do not think it is a bad album per se. It is certainly not a good album. The presence of songs like Scraped are unfortunately a major slight on Axl's composition abilities and editorial control.

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

He is still going to tinker and what I'm saying is that it also has a positive effect on the material. Piecing ideas together, making sure the album makes an artistic statement, that the music is perfectly recorded, tracklisting and Gn'R effects were always all on Axl.

Not Appetite - the only evidence of that is the synth on Paradise City. He made a right dog's dinner of Illusion: masturbated all over it with FX and film quotes. Genius.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

So again, I think Chinese was supposed to be a double album like UYI.

A triple album at one time.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

like how old Guns album function

Not at all.

45 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's possible other tunes like those were mixed and part of the 30 tunes that Axl delivered to the label. I wonder how many unreleased tunes Axl will use if at all and if it will be more evolutionary in nature to Guns tunes like Prostitute and Shackler's for example.

I think it will need that. Not sure if they can write new tunes that will sound as next step to Gn'R without Bucket, Robin, and Paul.

If it's one record this time, Axl can do half old from 1996 sessions and CD era and half new which is really old rehashed Gn'R cry ballads and hard rocking tunes.

UYI wasn't that big of a departure from Appetite. It had more room, not as much Izzy, but it expanded enough that you knew this wasn't AC/DC. The next Guns album must have that feeling simply cause every Guns album had that. Crucial really.

But even if you do it like Chinese, only with some tunes, that can be enough for it to not feel like a rehash and a disaster.

I'm not sure how you add to it and bring back old Guns. Duff said they hear things in CD material that is different to Axl. Which is the only clue, they would take it back to old Guns in someway. So would CD era material with Slash intrepretations plus some new line up material which could be like Slash solo material with Fortus adding another dimension be enough. I could revise that and just say mostly Slash led new line up with 1 or 2 Axl things he's been working on. Get an Izzy tune in the mix. Make a reunion hard record. 

The writing credits could be as varied as UYI but with the current line up keeping it pretty hard rock. 

The way I imagine it is the more UYI ones of CD, the Izzyless ones off UYI. 

Or take CD and have Slash rework Chi dem, Better, TIL, Twat, Catcher, Sorry. Then Slash/Duff replace Shacklers, ITW, Scraped, Riad, IRS, Prostitute. 

I have a playlist which sometimes I think could be like the next album:

Chinese Democracy

Automatic Overdrive

Better

Wicked Stone

Catcher in the Rye

There was a Time

Bent to Fly

Concrete

Beneath the Savage Sun

Sorry

Stone Blind

This I Love

Safari Inn

Unholy

• Like 1

Hopefully Axl has got the monkey off his back in terms of changing his efforts into complex rock production.

He's just toured with AC/DC and probably saw with his own eyes - balls to the wall rock n roll still works and that's what made them. He arguably also sounded even better on that tour than his own tour.

44 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

RATM meets Prodigy? Are you sure you have any idea what are you talking about? 

I can't see the video but that's my take on it. The riff is similar to My Michelle but it's tighter like something of Evil Empire but with warmness of Fat of the Land. I'm not saying they were trying to do that, that's just how it sounds to me. 

• Like 1

On 10.2.2017 at 4:51 AM, wasted said:

I'm not sure how you add to it and bring back old Guns. Duff said they hear things in CD material that is different to Axl. Which is the only clue, they would take it back to old Guns in someway. So would CD era material with Slash intrepretations plus some new line up material which could be like Slash solo material with Fortus adding another dimension be enough. I could revise that and just say mostly Slash led new line up with 1 or 2 Axl things he's been working on. Get an Izzy tune in the mix. Make a reunion hard record. 

The writing credits could be as varied as UYI but with the current line up keeping it pretty hard rock. 

The way I imagine it is the more UYI ones of CD, the Izzyless ones off UYI. 

Or take CD and have Slash rework Chi dem, Better, TIL, Twat, Catcher, Sorry. Then Slash/Duff replace Shacklers, ITW, Scraped, Riad, IRS, Prostitute. 

I have a playlist which sometimes I think could be like the next album:

Chinese Democracy

Automatic Overdrive

Better

Wicked Stone

Catcher in the Rye

There was a Time

Bent to Fly

Concrete

Beneath the Savage Sun

Sorry

Stone Blind

This I Love

Safari Inn

Unholy

I think that maybe there won't be anything quite new to say this time around if we get a final album. More of the same artistically. Perhaps I look at it now as more of the same, cause there wasn't a lot.

But more of the same kinda themes lyrically, it could be something fresh about some things, but not the evolution we're used to from Gn'R.

So it would have to really deliver on quality, there could be some other stuff from Chinese that Axl could find a way to work into the album, Slash can play his ass off bringing new riffs and solos and some 1996 material can be completed.

Axl will write a couple of tunes and put piano and Slash to them, and maybe if Slash comes up with a brilliant cry riff Axl will turn that into a song.

You put rasp and Clink and all of iit and make sure the tunes are actually good and release it as a double but if not possible as a single cd.

Edited by Rovim

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think that maybe there won't be anything quite new to say this time around if we get a final album. More of the same artistically. Perhaps I look at it now as more of the same, cause there wasn't a lot.

But more of the same kinda themes lyrically, it could be something fresh about some things, but not the evolution we're used to from Gn'R.

So it would have to really deliver on quality, there could be some other stuff from Chinese that Axl could find a way to work into the album, Slash can play his ass off bringing new riffs and solos and some 1996 material can be completed.

Axl will write a couple of tunes and put piano and Slash to them, and maybe if Slash comes up with a brilliant cry riff Axl will turn that into a song.

You put rasp and Clink and all of iit and make sure the tunes are actually good and release it as a double but if not possible as a single cd.

Suppose they won't capture the moment or zeitjest but the reunion creates it's own thing. There's an energy that comes with that. But has that moment past. So I guess it does go to that quality music, timeless, spiritual place. There's no roads where we going people. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wasted said:

Suppose they won't capture the moment or zeitjest but the reunion creates it's own thing. There's an energy that comes with that. But has that moment past. So I guess it does go to that quality music, timeless, spiritual place. There's no roads where we going people. 

Anything in time is explainable if we have the time to explain it.

Guns turned into a monumental release band sometime around 98/99/00/01 when it became clear the label had ambitious/grandiose plans for CD and a release wasn't going to be simple. I don't think that is by design but it's the way it turned out. Old band is gone, Axl's been missing for 7 years, new guy had a bucket on head, We are in it for the long haul. CD grew an allure that is still whispered about to this day. It matched that of UYI in terms of being a special release. AFD was  a special release too but that came about in a different way.

So It has led us to where we stand with Guns now.. Releases must be symbolic. This is just pure conjecture but with the possibilities of what new music could be, you have to wonder if it all comes out in a UYI style double album. Remember we aren't here to keep it all buried. Was it Fortus that mentioned old songs from 96 still being around? Let's take Old CD songs with Slash and Duff tweaks, Slash songs, Duff songs, old 96 songs, new songs. Throw it all in the pot and release it as one. Slash said in the Behind the Music documentary that UYI was Guns version of the White Album so to speak. We got to the bottom now it's time to go back to the top of the slide. I can see them being open to a mix of styles again. They've rarely been the band that writes it all together as one. It's more of a Piecemeal. And with that style of writing comes a lot of meshing of musical styles which is kind of Guns thing to begin with. So thematically it works with the Guns N Roses brand in terms of releases. They put the skyliners and Manson on one record for Christ's sake. I see it being like UYI for Millennials. UYI's part 3 and 4. That's the market appeal of it. They're back from the dead. Get to Tower Records quick before the nostalgia is sold out!

Lyrics wise it will be dark like most Guns lyrics. Save the rare Used to love her or you ain't the first.. Duff wrote that facebook song though so anything could happen I guess. Maybe even a Stinson Song on guest vocals. See what Izzy wrote and if he'd split the loot. Guns N Roses traveling circus band. Come one, come all.

Maybe there is an agreement to push the envelope if there is an album. It worked for UYI. 4 full records in one day, My Worlds and orchestra's don't come lightly. But can we recreate the magic? UYI was their physical graffiti. This is the chance to do what Led Zeppelin and early Guns never got the chance too. Push it even further. Keep the hip hop beats Axl liked  but we need a few by the swords for this to work. Trump is president now which means Art is back. It's time to be original again.

I'm thinking we get the whole kitchen. The 2020 End of the world Wholesale. The it is what it is collection. You see that is Guns whole thing.  They aren't perfect but in that is their perfection. They are dirty at heart in a good way. It's their Achilles last stand.

Part 1:

Chinese Democracy meets It's so easy. Something punchy and punk, yet gritty and crisp production. Start it off on a low octave. We're going deep.

2Out to get me- keep it moving

Better- time for the single

Catcher in the Rye

By the sword

Atlas Shrugged

Double talkin Jive

Scraped

Safarri Inn

Oh my god- You said we were pushing the envelope

Coma

Part 2:

1.       Dead Horse. Let's go acoustic

2.       Izzy song?

3.       Duff song/Who's to Blame?

4.       There was a time- this is where we push it

5.       Going Down- Stinson on Vocals and guitar

6.       Seattle Head/Attitude-Duff needs something like this

7.       Sorry

8.       The Seeker – what would a guns album be without a cover

9.       If the World

10.   Bad Obsession/You aint the first. See if anyone remembers how to play a harmonica. We didn't say it would be pretty.

11.   Fall to Pieces/IRS

12.   Estranged- End with an epic. The last TKO.

9 hours ago, Sprite said:

Anything in time is explainable if we have the time to explain it.

Guns turned into a monumental release band sometime around 98/99/00/01 when it became clear the label had ambitious/grandiose plans for CD and a release wasn't going to be simple. I don't think that is by design but it's the way it turned out. Old band is gone, Axl's been missing for 7 years, new guy had a bucket on head, We are in it for the long haul. CD grew an allure that is still whispered about to this day. It matched that of UYI in terms of being a special release. AFD was  a special release too but that came about in a different way.

So It has led us to where we stand with Guns now.. Releases must be symbolic. This is just pure conjecture but with the possibilities of what new music could be, you have to wonder if it all comes out in a UYI style double album. Remember we aren't here to keep it all buried. Was it Fortus that mentioned old songs from 96 still being around? Let's take Old CD songs with Slash and Duff tweaks, Slash songs, Duff songs, old 96 songs, new songs. Throw it all in the pot and release it as one. Slash said in the Behind the Music documentary that UYI was Guns version of the White Album so to speak. We got to the bottom now it's time to go back to the top of the slide. I can see them being open to a mix of styles again. They've rarely been the band that writes it all together as one. It's more of a Piecemeal. And with that style of writing comes a lot of meshing of musical styles which is kind of Guns thing to begin with. So thematically it works with the Guns N Roses brand in terms of releases. They put the skyliners and Manson on one record for Christ's sake. I see it being like UYI for Millennials. UYI's part 3 and 4. That's the market appeal of it. They're back from the dead. Get to Tower Records quick before the nostalgia is sold out!

Lyrics wise it will be dark like most Guns lyrics. Save the rare Used to love her or you ain't the first.. Duff wrote that facebook song though so anything could happen I guess. Maybe even a Stinson Song on guest vocals. See what Izzy wrote and if he'd split the loot. Guns N Roses traveling circus band. Come one, come all.

Maybe there is an agreement to push the envelope if there is an album. It worked for UYI. 4 full records in one day, My Worlds and orchestra's don't come lightly. But can we recreate the magic? UYI was their physical graffiti. This is the chance to do what Led Zeppelin and early Guns never got the chance too. Push it even further. Keep the hip hop beats Axl liked  but we need a few by the swords for this to work. Trump is president now which means Art is back. It's time to be original again.

I'm thinking we get the whole kitchen. The 2020 End of the world Wholesale. The it is what it is collection. You see that is Guns whole thing.  They aren't perfect but in that is their perfection. They are dirty at heart in a good way. It's their Achilles last stand.

Part 1:

Chinese Democracy meets It's so easy. Something punchy and punk, yet gritty and crisp production. Start it off on a low octave. We're going deep.

2Out to get me- keep it moving

Better- time for the single

Catcher in the Rye

By the sword

Atlas Shrugged

Double talkin Jive

Scraped

Safarri Inn

Oh my god- You said we were pushing the envelope

Coma

Part 2:

1.       Dead Horse. Let's go acoustic

2.       Izzy song?

3.       Duff song/Who's to Blame?

4.       There was a time- this is where we push it

5.       Going Down- Stinson on Vocals and guitar

6.       Seattle Head/Attitude-Duff needs something like this

7.       Sorry

8.       The Seeker – what would a guns album be without a cover

9.       If the World

10.   Bad Obsession/You aint the first. See if anyone remembers how to play a harmonica. We didn't say it would be pretty.

11.   Fall to Pieces/IRS

12.   Estranged- End with an epic. The last TKO.

I think you are talking about the scope of it including everything from AFD through UYI to CD and new material. I think that does sort of apply to the albums so far. They just keep getting bigger. I see AFD and CD being the true melting pots. A lot more honed down and focused. Whereas UYI was more different styles. And that could be the next one, different styles and approaches. It almost has to be a double cd set to cover the potential of the material. And that broadening of styles will make it something different. To have a hard rock song followed by an alt rock song, then something more classic rock, then electronica influenced, then a straight punk song, then something acoustic, then something with orchestra and beats, then a hard rock song. Almost bouncing between the albums they have done. 

In a way it would be like CD era material left over are like the AFD era material that were carried into the UYI writing sessions. Then adding new material. 

I just think Axl seems tuned into how the stakes get raised every record. If you want to be one of the greats. If UYI was the White album, CD was Axl's Exile. A break up and reunion is built into band's like Aerosmith, Eagles. Guns are like an amalgamation of everything in rock history. Anything you are looking for they do it in some way.

But at the same time there's an essence of GNR which on every record. Even AFD is more than just a bunch of rock n roll songs. It's like their debut was Back in Black. They definitely set the bar pretty high, almost impossible to follow but I think UYI and CD do add something to GNR. Each album represents an era and is a clear artistic statement. 

I could never predict UYI or what CD would be. The line up they have now seems more a return to hard rock. The records seem to always be beyond the scope of one style or one writer. They have this event movie thing. Blockbuster albums that take 5 years to make at least. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1