If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Everybody knows him as the Snowman... but he was jamming way before that!

Great stuff, he wrote that song for Elvis. Here's a little aside story, the guy who introduced him was Jim Ed Brown. A studio owner I used to record with produced some stuff with Jim Ed. He said they used to smoke meth in the studio. I said "you gotta be shittin me, the Chapel Bells Are Ringing Jim Ed Brown?" He said yes, thought I was gonna die laughing.

4 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Great stuff, he wrote that song for Elvis. Here's a little aside story, the guy who introduced him was Jim Ed Brown. A studio owner I used to record with produced some stuff with Jim Ed. He said they used to smoke meth in the studio. I said "you gotta be shittin me, the Chapel Bells Are Ringing Jim Ed Brown?" He said yes, thought I was gonna die laughing.

Those dudes back then were no joke when it comes to extracurriculars... that’s awesome. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Favorite movie of all time... And Snowman is the coolest character in it, and he sings the theme song... good call @lame ass security

No doubt, Jackie Gleason was also great as Buford. His little quips to Junior are hilarious, like "shut yo ass" or calling him a tick turd. And of course Burt was great along with Sally Field. Perfect cast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

No doubt, Jackie Gleason was also great as Buford. His little quips to Junior are hilarious, like "shut yo ass" or calling him a tick turd. And of course Burt was great along with Sally Field. Perfect cast.

Oh hell yeah... I have a T-shirt that says “gimme a Diablo sandwich and a Dr Pepper, and make it quick, I’m in a goddamn hurry”... my dad drove a truck, took me to a drive in 1978 to see it... the very first second of the movie when the kenworth grill, truck cranks over, credits start “Burt Reynolds”... goose bumps for a 70s kid whose dad drove a truck 🍻

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Oh hell yeah... I have a T-shirt that says “gimme a Diablo sandwich and a Dr Pepper, and make it quick, I’m in a goddamn hurry”... my dad drove a truck, took me to a drive in 1978 to see it... the very first second of the movie when the kenworth grill, truck cranks over, credits start “Burt Reynolds”... goose bumps for a 70s kid whose dad drove a truck 🍻

Classic, lol, wish I had one of those tees. "Ain't nobody chasin' me, boy" or "He's gotta broad in the car and took her across state lines, that's a Mann Act", then "Thank ya nice lady. Nice ass."😄 Btw, my grandpa was a trucker.

8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Classic, lol, wish I had one of those tees. "Ain't nobody chasin' me, boy" or "He's gotta broad in the car and took her across state lines, that's a Mann Act", then "Thank ya nice lady. Nice ass."😄 Btw, my grandpa was a trucker.

So many great lines... I love when Jackie Gleason kicks the kid right in the ass and says “dat... was an attention getter”... then he says “and don’t play with yourself. It wouldn’t look nice on my highway”... 😆 “there’s no way you could’ve come from my loins. When we get home, first thing im gonna do is slap yo momma in tha mouth...”

40 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So many great lines... I love when Jackie Gleason kicks the kid right in the ass and says “dat... was an attention getter”... then he says “and don’t play with yourself. It wouldn’t look nice on my highway”... 😆 “there’s no way you could’ve come from my loins. When we get home, first thing im gonna do is slap yo momma in tha mouth...”

Love all of those.😄 As great as the original was the sequels were not. But I still watch them anyway, especially the third one. But there is a great line in the second one where Bandit says "you think I ain't ready son? Just watch my smoke" then he falls over the bed and passes out.😄

• Haha 1

This is from a rare overlooked release called “Hank Williams - Alone with His Guitar”. Find it. Good stuff.

This is for the Dixie Chicks oops I mean the Bitches oops I mean the Chicks. Can’t keep their name straight!

One of his best songs from imo his best album

On 7/12/2020 at 1:00 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Gotta recognize the passing of Charlie. He’s a legend. First song I remember hearing of his. I was maybe 10 (I could look it up- thinking around 1980, but I digress, and nobody gives a fuck...) 

Ol’ Lucius Clay! Man I hated to see Charlie go.

Such a great war song. Not political, not taking sides or pointing fingers, just a story about a soldier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Cool stuff. Just read a bit about him, he's the son of Sammie Smith.  She had a huge hit with Kris Kristofferson's Help Me Make It Through The Night.

Yeah he’s had a rough life for sure... he’s earned his stripes and got some tales to tell...

rest assured, if I’m posting in here, I’ve been into the whiskey... 

• Haha 1