If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

On 7/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, Jabberwocky said:

This is song is very much in the vein of The Flying Burrito Brothers of like acid rock country from the early 70's. They could hard rock and they are (to me) unsung heroins of music in general. Check it.

Fanny - Sound And The Fury

It's got that sound doesn't it? Like that's the definition of that sound. Never heard that before, very good.

There is something about that sound, it's soothing or something, very chill. I like all the harmony stuff from that time too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I liked that!

Something about background vocals kicking in on songs like that, when done right it’s like perfection.

I saw him perform this song in a movie and it immediately spoke to me. I didn't know whether to post a live or a studio version, so I'll post the live version anyway, it has more background vocals in it,

On 8/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, EvanG said:

I saw him perform this song in a movie and it immediately spoke to me. I didn't know whether to post a live or a studio version, so I'll post the live version anyway, it has more background vocals in it,

Perfect.

Not sure how you feel about Jack White but this is in the same vein. Real nice breakdown near the end. Plus Ricky Skaggs is a boss player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1