If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

5 hours ago, triad said:

Hi!  First time in this thread because I'm not really a country fan, but I am a fan of this guy, and I admire his special guest on this.  :D  Apologies if this was already posted.   

Haha- matter of fact, we have been discussing this album lately... it's really good is our conclusion... ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, triad said:

Hi!  First time in this thread because I'm not really a country fan, but I am a fan of this guy, and I admire his special guest on this.  :D  Apologies if this was already posted.   

Well if you like him, and you posted Uneasy Rider in the a-z thread, then you'll probably dig most of the stuff here.

And don't worry about posting something that might've already been posted, lots of drinking and smoking goes on here, so songs being posted more than once is not a rare occurrence and not frowned upon here :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Well if you like him, and you posted Uneasy Rider in the a-z thread, then you'll probably dig most of the stuff here.

And don't worry about posting something that might've already been posted, lots of drinking and smoking goes on here, so songs being posted more than once is not a rare occurrence and not frowned upon here :lol:

Thanks for the welcome, @J Dog, @Whiskey Rose, @Fitha_whiskey!  And of course the Whiskey twins are here drinkin' and smokin'.  :lol:  I will stop by more often and check out some recommendations.  My daughter loves Chris Stapleton, GnR got me listening to a little Sturgill Simpson, and I've always liked some Charlie Daniels and Steve Earle, so that's a start!  

About Uneasy Rider: I was listening to a political book on CD (I grab a variety of genres for my long commute), and it mentioned the John Birch Society.  Into my head popped "I'm a faithful follower of Brother John Birch, and I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church, and I ain't even got a garage"!  But I didn't recall the name of the song or the performer.  Google to the rescue.  That song is so descriptive and funny it had to be shared!  My sister listened to the whole thing with a stupid grin on her face.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

What a cute video! And huh? there are towns that don't sell alcohol?? How are they allowed to do that. Oh I wouldn't like that :lol:

Yep. Believe it or not they do exist... the county I live in didn't allow beer or liquor sales on sundays for the first several years I lived here... and back in those days, that was a REAL problem for me... :lol:

6 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yep. Believe it or not they do exist... the county I live in didn't allow beer or liquor sales on sundays for the first several years I lived here... and back in those days, that was a REAL problem for me... :lol:

In my old hometown that's how it was for a long time. If you didn't buy enough on Saturday night, then Sunday the mission was find the bootlegger. Which sucked, but also was kinda fun, going on a mission Sunday morning looking for illegal beer :lol:

14 minutes ago, J Dog said:

In my old hometown that's how it was for a long time. If you didn't buy enough on Saturday night, then Sunday the mission was find the bootlegger. Which sucked, but also was kinda fun, going on a mission Sunday morning looking for illegal beer :lol:

Oh, we're just talking Sundays here? Well that's not so bad..i never drink on Sundays anyway.. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, we're just talking Sundays here? Well that's not so bad..i never drink on Sundays anyway.. :ph34r:

Sure sure, neither did George Jones :lol:

But I have heard about completely dry counties before. I personally never ran into it but I've heard about them.