NITL Tour videos, possible material for new songs?

I thought it deserves it's own thread. Since the tour started I noticed two things (more to come I believe) that could lead us to new songs, as far as Slash's work ethics is concerned. Feel free to discuss or just close this thread if you find it useless. Cheers! :) 

SNIPPET #1 "Double Talkin' Jive intro"

Slash plays that riff during the extended intro almost every night. Last time he did such thing was in 2011 when the "Godfather's Theme" intro came back a few months later as "Anastasia". 

https://youtu.be/2lw8lIG9D60

https://youtu.be/MkmULo_cVKQ?t=1m28s

SNIPPET #2 "The 'Slither Jam' everybody talk about but it's not Slither"

This is something totally new, never heard or played before. We can see a proper bass line and chord progression with bad ass solo played over it. They were simply jamming or smuggling a tiny piece from the vault? 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, maxpax said:

No way that these are new songs...

And how would you know?

Sure, the latter video could just be a jam session, but as OP pointed out, it has a clear chord progression, bass line etc. Plus it sounds too good not to be expanded upon! :P

Could be nothing, or it could be something. I hope it's the latter, as it sounds too good to be wasted.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

I thought it deserves it's own thread. Since the tour started I noticed two things (more to come I believe) that could lead us to new songs, as far as Slash's work ethics is concerned. Feel free to discuss or just close this thread if you find it useless. Cheers! :) 

Slash plays that riff during the extended intro almost every night. Last time he did such thing was in 2011 when the "Godfather's Theme" intro came back a few months later as "Anastasia". 

This is something totally new, never heard or played before. We can see a proper bass line and chord progression with bad ass solo played over it. They were simply jamming or smuggling a tiny piece from the vault? 

They already did that jam prior to the Godfather theme in the last Buenos Aires show so maybe they'll keep doing it. Hopefully it's something new they're working on!

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Sorry not a new song, just them vamping on a standard blues based riff in A like Ted Nugents - Stranglehold. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maxpax said:

No way that these are new songs...

This is exactly how Anastasia was born in 2011, from a solospot for slash to a full song. He played it on tour months before AL was released. Sorry to say, therefore the comment "no way that these are new songs" is...not intelligent. But I guess you just didn't know that it was played during Slashs 2011 tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry not a new song, just them vamping on a standard blues based riff in A like Ted Nugents - Stranglehold. 

Vamping on a blues based riff..you dont seem to know that thats how slash puts together songs right? He comes up with an idea and they jam on it to find a groove, speed etc.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I wouldnt be surprised. Slash always writes on the road.

Its not Slash we have to worry about, though

Well, Axl did say  that he played some songs for Slash and Duff and they liked them. I'm sure if any new songs are released Slash and Duff would add to them. I guess once this reunion tour is over hopefully we might hear something or not? lol

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Vamping on a blues based riff..you dont seem to know that thats how slash puts together songs right? He comes up with an idea and they jam on it to find a groove, speed etc.

Yeh, what you're missing is just how run of the mill the whole thing is. You can read into if you like, but IMO this was just a bunch of musicians goofing off during a solo section. And yeh! sometimes they might fall on something and afterwards say "get me the recording of X show, that jam had some cool ideas" But I highly doubt any of them were saying that after that Stranglehold-esque  jam. Sure when they write something it'll be much more interesting than that. 

On a positive, it's still 100 times better than ballad of death ;)

On 11/11/2016 at 2:24 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

And how would you know?

Sure, the latter video could just be a jam session, but as OP pointed out, it has a clear chord progression, bass line etc. Plus it sounds too good not to be expanded upon! :P

Could be nothing, or it could be something. I hope it's the latter, as it sounds too good to be wasted.

not really much progression on that chord progression

needs some expanding to have some progression

Don´t know what it is, but i really like it.

I think it´s possible that they are working on new stuff during the tour. What else to do at days off ?

And maybe the play some parts of it live between songs, just for the fun of it.