NITL Tour videos, possible material for new songs?

It's very unlikely we'll hear new material from the band at a live setting.  Not saying that new material isn't being worked on, but with streaming and downloading these days, most bands refrain from playing anything new until it's recorded and officially released.  

Would be sweet though.  

• 3 weeks later...

just look at how slash tuning his guitar back in the 80's turned into sweat child o mine.

then you have the patience and double talkin jive connection.

as mentioned before "the general" was used as a teaser at shows.

this thread makes sense to me. they have some new stuff brewing and are teasing us with it :) 

When you write rock songs, the spark for something new usually comes when you're jamming or just fucking around with an instrument. Something catches your ear and you get that "that sounds cool, there's a song to be made from this riff" -feeling. Then you still have to do the hardest part and sit down, really dig into it and craft that song. (Not that I'm a pro-musician, just a really average amateur)

To me those soundcheck clips are exciting. I think it's almost 100% sure that they are writing new stuff. Slash and Duff are, or I think they are (what do I know for sure?), always writing something.

But again, Axl is the key. He has to be on board and dig that music. Get his mojo up and running. But fortunately he seems to be in a good place in his life. I'm hopeful when it comes to new music and I think we will get at least one Guns N' Roses record.

Edited by jekylhyde

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Lots of bands do the jam thing, look back later and say "you know what, that was a cool riff" and use it as a catalyst for a song. They might not be consciously writing at sound check but you never know what might become of these.

This is basically how Sweet Child came to be.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Slash has enlightened us a little:

There’s talk about doing some recording. I think we all would love to do something that we thought was really cool. We just haven’t really sat down and put our noses to the grindstone to do it. We haven’t really had time. But there’s been a couple things that we’ve dicked around with at soundchecks.

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/dream-sequence

I think now you can consider those jams posted in this topic as 'real deal'. With that being said, I think SMKC's 'Serve You Right' was born here: 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 3:38 PM, WhazUp said:

Not that I am against the thread however the title is very strong clickbait lol

I'm not sure what's up with that lately, but I changed the thread title to reflect the actual content. We've never been a site that needs tricks & clickbait, so I certainly don't want to start now. 

• Like 3