[Troubadour Live] Sweet Child O' Mine

this professional audio recording shows (it actually exposes) why this threeunion with four aliens will never be gnr

this is just Axl (with a really hard-to-listen-to and impossible-to-enjoy voice, but still rocking), Slash (great as ever) and Duff (good as usual) playing with four aliens who completely fuck with the sound that these three guys create

i have no idea why would anyone want to listen to this crap instead of listening to any of the many actual gnr live recordings from 1986-1991

i can see only 3 reasons to listen to this nonsense more than once

#1) if you were there at the show

#2) if they had played any new song

#3) if you are a friend or relative of one of the four aliens

other than that, why listen to this horrible version of sweet child o mine?

despite slash obvious greatness, this is at least 180 times worse than any pro-shot recordings of GNR from 1986-1991

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

this professional audio recording shows (it actually exposes) why this threeunion with four aliens will never be gnr

this is just Axl (with a really hard-to-listen-to and impossible-to-enjoy voice, but still rocking), Slash (great as ever) and Duff (good as usual) playing with four aliens who completely fuck with the sound that these three guys create

i have no idea why would anyone want to listen to this crap instead of listening to any of the many actual gnr live recordings from 1986-1991

i can see only 3 reasons to listen to this nonsense more than once

#1) if you were there at the show

#2) if they had played any new song

#3) if you are a friend or relative of one of the four aliens

other than that, why listen to this horrible version of sweet child o mine?

despite slash obvious greatness, this is at least 180 times worse than any pro-shot recordings of GNR from 1986-1991

Some just enjoy it, some may even love it. I like the fact that Axl and Slash reunited and for me it's obvious that 50 something year old man has different voice than 20 something year old man. 3 (3,5 including reed ;) ) is better than 1,5. I like it and will be listening to it because #4) I ENJOY IT

• Like 3

Fuck, this is horrible. Unwatchable.  Is this really what it has come to ?  This is it ???  This is what I waited for for 23 years ?

The only good thing here is Duff and Slash (although he needs to work on his guitar tone) ...

Axl sounds like someone who has never sung before ... or like someone who has been singing for too long and needs to quit IMMEDIATELY !  He reaches new heights of sucking.

I'm not gonna waste any more words on that nitwit drummer who claims to have been 'in the band' for 10 years, and STILL plays classics like this completely wrong...

For their sake I hope they're not planning to release this officially ... unless it's instrumental ... with included audio multitracks so I can remove the drums ...

22 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Whats the name of this cover band in which Slash and Duff are playing?

It was the first show so I will cut some slack for Axl but the drums really sound awful 

Maybe he should do 20 rehearsals like he did for AC/DC.  Then you hit the ground running (as long as you don't break your foot)

Why the fuck is the rhythm guitar so low in the mix?? It would sound a lot more powerfull if it was louder. When Slash plays a solo, the song sounds so empty.

I don't get it. Are they doing it like this to make Slashs guitar stand out more? It's just stupid because it does no good to the overall sound.

And Axls voice is very weak.

Edited by Harry Sunrise

4 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Axl's Mickey sounds worse than usual. Even if my favourite member is Axl I have to admit this tour is The Slash Show.

I thought only Kim Jong Un could be your favorite member ever. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It was an amazing night. I think most of us stayed up till at least 3 or 4 AM following periscopes and speculating.

Dude, that was a great night, was never so happy about a night with a complete lack of sleep as that one.....

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Axl sounds good

I'm sure the pro-raspers will disagree, but I will admit he sounds better than I expected him to at that time no doubt.