[Troubadour Live] Sweet Child O' Mine

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

My eyes enjoyed this significantly more than my ears did. :blink: 

I would have enjoyed this pro shot more had the band just released in back in April before the Vegas gigs. We'd all really be losing our minds in here and this would be a 50 page thread by now :lol:

50 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I fixed it you guys, you're all welcome. 

Axl sounds fan-fucking-tastic! ^_^ 

Haha too bad ACDC didn't write this song or it would sound better than your fixed version. 

Really if he just changes the voice he uses on the song he will kill it every time. It's a shame he thinks Mickey works here 

This video is the reason why I'm afraid of proshot material. Axls clean voice sounds much better on audience recordings. I cant really stand that voice, I get the feeling if he originally sung with that voice GNR wouldnt even have got signed, it sounds less rock n roll than even Myles high nasally voice. But the video quality is a very good plus atleast

• Like 4

21 hours ago, AlexC said:

Dude, it's one song... Don't judge Axl's performance based off this. Go and check out Welcome to the Jungle or better yet, AC/DC, the man still has the best pipes in the world. People like you who run their mouth without even giving someone the benefit of the doubt are so annoying.

Axl's voice is what's annoying.

People who keep denying Axl's voice is annoying are annoying.

The fact that you find me annoying says everything.

20 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

I have, if anyone can recommend a site to upload, so anyone can download.

Awesome man.

https://mega.nz/ ?

I'm not sure if you have the rights to do such, so pm one of the moderators here see what they say.

1 minute ago, 3rd Wheel said:

The audio in this video is pulled from the Ritz 1988 performance. It's not from the Troubadour.

Page 3.

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I found it - here's the only version of Sweet Child O' Mine that Axl's sang correctly since 1993:

Too bad we have real GNR but fake Axl and fake GNR had real Axl. Brilliant vocals. He sounds like shit on the new pro-shot.

Good comment by someone some posts above: If Axl sang with a clean voice since the begining, they wouldn't even had signed a contract. THat's so so true. Awful voice.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I found it - here's the only version of Sweet Child O' Mine that Axl's sang correctly since 1993:

Sounds weird but I think this 2010 version is too much rasp haha and I love the rasp. 

im a fan of 06...it's perfect to my ears. It looks like it's easy for him too, that 2010 version had gravel in his throat. 

Edited by IncitingChaos

14 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

This is the awful clean voice?

Or this?

Or this?

Or did you hear any mickey voice back then?

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the falsetto without rasp and not about Axl's natural deep voice. But anyway, without the crazy rasp voice, no way GnR would be the legendary band famous in the whole world. 

The mainstream as a whole it's not really fan of male singers singing with their natural male voices, i don't why, but people love men singining with those almost feminine voices.

And most people don't know how deep Axl's natural voice can sound, i saw a lot of surprised people when they heard Axl's natural speaking voice from the first time, in the last interview for the brazilian tv.

Axl's a baritone with no falsetto currently...it goes against everything that made his voice. He's just normal without a strong falsetto, now it's too weak to sound good, but back in his prime it was magical. 

I don't think anyone has the heart to tell Axl his falsetto sucks now. It concerned me when he described it as a vocal change he made to sound clearer and people didn't like it...that's a man in denial. He likes using it bc it's a hell of a lot less effort. Oh well he seems to be using it less, I think he sounds better in his natural tone but whatever 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the falsetto without rasp and not about Axl's natural deep voice.

They both said about his clean voice. Two different things.

And why on earth would Axl try to make a career with a falsetto voice? I've never seen him using a falsetto voice back then.

High notes doesn't mean falsetto.

14 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

But anyway, without the crazy rasp voice, no way GnR would be the legendary band famous in the whole world. 

The mainstream as a whole it's not really fan of male singers singing with their natural male voices, i don't why, but people love men singining with those almost feminine voices.

And most people don't know how deep Axl's natural voice can sound, i saw a lot of surprised people when they heard Axl's natural speaking voice from the first time, in the last interview for the brazilian tv.

Agree 100%, but this mostly applies to pop singers imo.

Edited by WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself

Some won't call it falsetto, but Axl is extreamly difficult to breakdown exactly what makes his voice. The fact that he's a baritone and can hit notes all over the spectrum is what makes it difficult. 

His high notes are ridiculous, the grit in his voice isn't natural but he makes it sound that way, his low voice is beautiful, in his prime he could do it all. What he's trying now on SCOM is definitely falsetto, but it's too airey and sounds weak...with all his vocal range and versatility I'm surprised he doesn't go for a more useful sound on this song, it would make a world of difference if he changed his style on November Rain and SCOM...it's not that he's weak, it's the fact that he's using his weakest vocal 

• Like 1