[Troubadour Live] Sweet Child O' Mine

That cringey clean voice again..it's even worse from soundboard than how Axl sounds in audience recordings. IMHO this proves a live recording from this tour would be a disservice to the legacy until Axl sings songs like SCOM like they deserve. This is just..not good. Can anyone even imagine someone signing the band if he used that voice ALL the time? This is not what made them famous and I wish this was buried. But it will be out there due to historic significance..shame.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 9:13 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

That cringey clean voice again..it's even worse from soundboard than how Axl sounds in audience recordings. IMHO this proves a live recording from this tour would be a disservice to the legacy until Axl sings songs like SCOM like they deserve. This is just..not good. Can anyone even imagine someone signing the band if he used that voice ALL the time? This is not what made them famous and I wish this was buried. But it will be out there due to historic significance..shame.

Dude, they're old. Axl is old. Let's just listen to stuff from 1987 if we want that GNR.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:13 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Check out SCOM at Houston, for example. It's mostly clean but it's great, it's not the weak voice you hear here. Controlled and powerful. Here his voice sounds unstable, shaky, out of breath, weak.

Damn it. This guy sings this song with his foot broken. I don´t want to know how much pain he had, during this gig. So much respect for Axl doing this show anyway and I don´t give a fuck how he sounds here.

They came back together and that is all that counts.

In terms of his voice: I think he is doing quite a good job, not even with the NITL-Tour, but also during the Axl/Dc shows. Even the negative people in the AC/DC community had to shut up.

For me it´s like, the heros of my youth are coming this summer and I will have a blast during the show. And of course I know, they are not in their twenties anymore and it´s not the GNR from the 85-94 era. But at the end of the

day they are still a kickass band. End of discussion for me ;)