Member Picture Thread

Słash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a recent picture from two days ago. Posting it mostly to piss off those who hate this pose and think I do it to "show off". I hope they hate it still :lol: Also posting it cause the scenery is amazing. The second photo, which I took earlier in the day gives a different perspective of where I was( Kluane National Park in Yukon, Canada).

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, mountain, sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Lookswise he looks cooler than GnR do at the moment :lol: 

you know, that would have been an easy statement to make when bucketface, pijama stinson, robot finck and DJ Sl@shba were still in the band

Edited by action

1 hour ago, action said:

you know, that would have been an easy statement to make when bucketface, pijama stinson, robot finck and DJ Sl@shba were still in the band

Nah, they had a kinda mental Parliament Funkadelic-esque weirdo cool, now they just look like aging metallers...and there’s nothing worse than an aging metaller.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

there’s nothing worse than an aging metaller.

is there any other kind, these days?

I mean, it hasn't really been decided they are uncool, isn't it? it's the first time in history there are ageing rockers. besides, I'd dare to disagree. I think ageing rock stars are so much levels of cool. much cooler than their younger versions, I think. Wearing their battle scars, telling of legendary adventures and life whisdom, leaving  a trail of women, drugs, lawyers and stadiums behind them. They're like modern day shaman or something.

44 minutes ago, action said:

is there any other kind, these days?

I mean, it hasn't really been decided they are uncool, isn't it? it's the first time in history there are ageing rockers. besides, I'd dare to disagree. I think ageing rock stars are so much levels of cool. much cooler than their younger versions, I think. Wearing their battle scars, telling of legendary adventures and life whisdom, leaving  a trail of women, drugs, lawyers and stadiums behind them. They're like modern day shaman or something.

I dunno, doesn't really work with certain bands?  I think the problem arises when you are associated with youth culture and you make a point of speaking for 'da yoof', you kinda dont age well.  The Stones suffer a great deal from this but then, for example, a blues guitarist won't.  For example The Stones get tagged with the sarcastic 'wrinkley rockers' thing a lot but then someone like Eric Clapton won't, because he kind of never aligned himself with youth culture and was always more of a musical purist type.  Guns suffer from this too, the older an Axl Rose figure get the less dignified and more laughable he becomes particularly due to the image he presented early on.  I'm not saying its right or wrong but its kinda how it is.  Its partly due to presentation too, they tend to come off like old men trying to look young with their get up and their kinda living off of past glories and the attendant subject matter of the songs they sing.  Johnny Rotten, a favourite of mine, suffers from the same thing, rightly or wrongly.  But I guess some of this is like gutter press mentality.

I certainly don't think there's anything romantic about them, as in terms of the women, drugs, lawyers, stadiums thing.  A bit tedious really, if I'm honest.  To me, what should endure, and this is really ALL that matters, is the work.  And its the high watermark of the work that dictates the value of the artist in that sense and I'm afraid the work isn't there with Guns n Roses.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, doesn't really work with certain bands?  I think the problem arises when you are associated with youth culture and you make a point of speaking for 'da yoof', you kinda dont age well.  The Stones suffer a great deal from this but then, for example, a blues guitarist won't.  For example The Stones get tagged with the sarcastic 'wrinkley rockers' thing a lot but then someone like Eric Clapton won't, because he kind of never aligned himself with youth culture and was always more of a musical purist type.  Guns suffer from this too, the older an Axl Rose figure get the less dignified and more laughable he becomes particularly due to the image he presented early on.  I'm not saying its right or wrong but its kinda how it is.  Its partly due to presentation too, they tend to come off like old men trying to look young with their get up and their kinda living off of past glories and the attendant subject matter of the songs they sing.  Johnny Rotten, a favourite of mine, suffers from the same thing, rightly or wrongly.  But I guess some of this is like gutter press mentality.

I certainly don't think there's anything romantic about them, as in terms of the women, drugs, lawyers, stadiums thing.  A bit tedious really, if I'm honest.  To me, what should endure, and this is really ALL that matters, is the work.  And its the high watermark of the work that dictates the value of the artist in that sense and I'm afraid the work isn't there with Guns n Roses.

But I'll always be cool

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd like to correct my previous comment about their having a Parliment Funkadelic-esque cool in the above comment, I didn't notice that Ashba was mentioned in the post i was quoting, remove Ashba though and my comment stands.

I always prefer to think of Ashba as just taking the piss, donning an entirely ironic rock caricature outfit just for the laughs. He simply wasn't real.