Guns N' Roses to possible play Rock In Rio 2017

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm fed up with shows in Brazil.....

Why can't they pick another place.... say..... Antarctica or Mars? :rolleyes:

I was pumped for these shows. I even seriously contemplated on going to one. Once they came I hardly payed attention. The summer was fun but it will be hard for this line up to keep my attention.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was pumped for these shows. I even seriously contemplated on going to one. Once they came I hardly payed attention. The summer was fun but it will be hard for this line up to keep my attention.. 

You live in Brazil and you didn't go to any shows? :question:

lol you're a rebeld :P

I don't live in Brazil but I'm tired of them receiving all the attention, best setlists and lots of stuff.........

It should be the same for all countries. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

You live in Brazil and you didn't go to any shows? :question:

lol you're a rebeld :P

I don't live in Brazil but I'm tired of them receiving all the attention, best setlists and lots of stuff.........

It should be the same for all countries. :shrugs:

No No, I live in Boston. But I was looking into taking a trip to one of those shows. It is on my bucket list to see a band down there and Guns would have been on the top of my list. Maybe if they do it again.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm fed up with shows in Brazil.....

Why can't they pick another place.... say..... Antarctica or Mars? :rolleyes:

Well you live pretty close haha And if they are gonna do Antarctida, it's not bad for you either. Now Mars, I don't know 

:P

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

:heart: Brazil :heart:

'Gigante pela própria natureza
És belo, és forte, impávido colosso'

I blame D. Pedro I from Brazil and IV of Portugal, though :bitchfight::P 

Now seriously: I hope Roberto bring them to Portugal in 2018 also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

'Gigante pela própria natureza
És belo, és forte, impávido colosso'

I blame D. Pedro I from Brazil and IV of Portugal, though :bitchfight::P 

Now seriously: I hope Roberto bring them to Portugal in 2018 also. 

LOL!

I have no interest in going to RiR but it's cool to see fans are mobilizing to bring them back - and they JUST left haha so much love!

But I'm sure they'll announce Portugal dates soon enough and that will be even better than seeing them at a festival :)

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

No No, I live in Boston. But I was looking into taking a trip to one of those shows. It is on my bucket list to see a band down there and Guns would have been on the top of my list. Maybe if they do it again.

And why you didn't come to Argentina? :question:

The crowd here was the wildest of all SA shows :P

"Maybe if they do it again"?

Man, I think you lost the train.... I'm not sure they are coming back anytime soon but I hope I'm wrong.

I knew I had to go to these shows because I don't have much faith on how long this gonna last and be as cool as it was.

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Well you live pretty close haha And if they are gonna do Antarctida, it's not bad for you either. Now Mars, I don't know 

:P

I wanted to go to Metallica's gig in Antartida but only the people who won a contest were able to do it.

The place can't hold a lot of people so it'd be only selected fews to go there.

But Axl doesn't resist the cold that much so I don't think he will be willing to do that "venue" :lol:

8 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Talk about management... watch and learn.

screencapture-facebook-RockInRio-photos-a-143723405659277-19008-142258389139112-1279293845435555-1479844963714.png

TB can't even read anymore? ''Vamos convida-los?'' Far as i know this a pretty clear message, or i'm crazy and don't even know my first language anymore?

Jesus.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Like 2

Just now, emybdc said:

That's not it at all. Rock in Rio was clearly trying to get the fans to blame the band if the show doesn't happen. An offer to a concert like that is not made through Facebook. Clearly there were no talks regarding a GNR show at Rock in Rio and Medina tried to turn the conversation around, saying they want the band to play, but it's up to them. It's not up to them if there's no offer on the table. From the minute I saw Medina's post I thought it was a scam.

Couldn't agree more.

This is not an offer, more like a trash talk :D

And NO, I don't want GNR to play festivals, just bring the fucking NITL tour to Europe already :)

Edited by MisterNo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, emybdc said:

That's not it at all. Rock in Rio was clearly trying to get the fans to blame the band if the show doesn't happen. An offer to a concert like that is not made through Facebook. Clearly there were no talks regarding a GNR show at Rock in Rio and Medina tried to turn the conversation around, saying they want the band to play, but it's up to them. It's not up to them if there's no offer on the table. From the minute I saw Medina's post I thought it was a scam.

But it's obvious the offer wasn't made yet, he even said "I will talk to them about the idea". Fernando should have said someting like "ok, we'll be waiting the offer" instead of getting defensive like that. Well, that's what I would do at least. Hire me, Axl! :P

On a different note, I don't understand the hate Brazil's getting. Considering how big the country is and its massive population, I think the amount of shows make perfect sense. Being from Argentina, I consider myself extremely lucky as I got to see the band twice in my city and a 3rd time extremely close. I got nothing to complain about.

Back to the RIR subject, I posted yesterday that there's a rumor te band want to end the tour in South America next year so it would make sense if they play Rock In Rio in September. Hopefully things will work out! :)

• Like 4

The only way another RIR with GN'R would make sense is if they perform brand new songs. Just like they did back in 91. They just performed in Rio and fans there had a great time. GN'R coming back yet again to Rio for the Festival wouldn't add anything different if they don't bring new songs, Adler and/or Izzy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

But it's obvious the offer wasn't made yet, he even said "I will talk to them about the idea". Fernando should have said someting like "ok, we'll be waiting the offer" instead of getting defensive like that. Well, that's what I would do at least. Hire me, Axl! :P

On a different note, I don't understand the hate Brazil's getting. Considering how big the country is and its massive population, I think the amount of shows make perfect sense. Being from Argentina, I consider myself extremely lucky as I got to see the band twice in my city and a 3rd time extremely close. I got nothing to complain about.

Back to the RIR subject, I posted yesterday that there's a rumor te band want to end the tour in South America next year so it would make sense if they play Rock In Rio in September. Hopefully things will work out! :)

When you tell someone the ball is in their court you are saying the offer is in your hands, but if GNR haven't gotten an offer then why would they agree to anything without seeing what's on the table. 

Axl/DC has a chance of getting an offer though. 

There are so much shows in Brazil because they have brazilian management. About RIR, they always have the option for not broadcasting the show, because we all know how bad RIR streamings are and they don't do justice to the band. If RIR 2011 and Bridge School hadn't been streamed, things would have been better.

14 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

There are so much shows in Brazil because they have brazilian management. About RIR, they always have the option for not broadcasting the show, because we all know how bad RIR streamings are and they don't do justice to the band. If RIR 2011 and Bridge School hadn't been streamed, things would have been better.

I don't think they have the option for not broadcasting... ALL of the performances since 91 has been broadcasted, since they have some kind of agreement with Multishow and Globo