Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, annabanana said:

Not sure what was discussed upthread that's why I'm hesitant to post a link here but the video of izzy playing walkin song been posted before? He's wearing black playing a white guitar with 2 black guitars hanging on the wall 

I know this video as a gif and it is at least one year old. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't post it here. :) The deleting fun was going on because I was talking about someone who is not part of the band and I thought I shouldn't have.  Izzy playing a guitar is totally on topic I think ;)

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I know this video as a gif and it is at least one year old. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't post it here. :) The deleting fun was going on because I was talking about someone who is not part of the band and I thought I shouldn't have.  Izzy playing a guitar is totally on topic I think ;)

Ok thanks :) was just unsure because saw it on the social media associated with the creator (?) of the new izzy site.

10 hours ago, Tombstoneflavor said:

I think this fight still needs to happen. It would be hilarious now that they're older. They could put it on pay per view and merchandise the hell out of it. Total money grab, like the reunion tour :lol:

"I'm really tired of your mouth!" :lol: Oh man...those were the good old days!!!!!

• Haha 1

Thank you @Kris_1989. I would never see this post from @RONIN since I'm one of those who never step out of this thread.
The interview got me the impression that Izzy has "traumas" from his past which makes him paranoid. And that seems to be the biggest obstacle for a reunion with him. He can be really excited about something but then someone says the "wrong word" and activates his paranoia and he runs away. It's a shame. Poor thing. :cry:

• Like 2

I just don't get what Izzy's so afraid of. :question:  He acts like he's murdered somebody and if he comes out of hiding we'll find the body or something. :lol: Yeah, his drug history is pretty bad... But that doesn't make him a bad person for life or mean he should hide away forever. :(

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

The desi thing is kinda weird for me, its been 20 years at that time since they broke up and 18 years sober. Why would he freak out and it seems desi is ok with him based on her tweets to him. Would there still be temptation to drugs after such a long time? Serious question don't really know anyone recovering or similar I just assumed that its the first few years that's hard and you have to stay away from people causing temptation 

23 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just don't get what Izzy's so afraid of. :question:  He acts like he's murdered somebody and if he comes out of hiding we'll find the body or something. :lol: Yeah, his drug history is pretty bad... But that doesn't make him a bad person for life or mean he should hide away forever. :(

Exactly my thoughts. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, annabanana said:

The desi thing is kinda weird for me, its been 20 years at that time since they broke up and 18 years sober. Why would he freak out and it seems desi is ok with him based on her tweets to him. Would there still be temptation to drugs after such a long time? Serious question don't really know anyone recovering or similar I just assumed that its the first few years that's hard and you have to stay away from people causing temptation 

From my experience, sobriety is something addicts have to constantly maintain. I think it gets easier over time but if they go back to using, even just once, it's usually enough to put them right back to square one. For example, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was sober for 23 years before he relapsed. He had one drink at a wrap party thinking he'd be ok but, a week later he was drinking non stop and less than a year later he died from a heroin overdose. Izzy probably just doesn't want to put himself in a situation where he could slip up. And since Desi was Izzy's "heroin buddy" (Marc's words, not mine) maybe she's a big temptation for him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

From my experience, sobriety is something addicts have to constantly maintain. I think it gets easier over time but if they go back to using, even just once, it's usually enough to put them right back to square one. For example, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was sober for 23 years before he relapsed. He had one drink at a wrap party thinking he'd be ok but, a week later he was drinking non stop and less than a year later he died from a heroin overdose. Izzy probably just doesn't want to put himself in a situation where he could slip up. And since Desi was Izzy's "heroin buddy" (Marc's words, not mine) maybe she's a big temptation for him?

Oh yeah, forgot about Philip Seymour Hoffman having been sober for 23 years. The news really hit me back then. I was such an amazing artist, such a great actor. I miss him and I miss his acting style a lot on today's movies. That just being a side note...

So Izzy being sober and clean for some 26 years or so - I guess he still has to "watch out" for himself. I'm sure he does and I hope he (all of them!) always will.

Maybe Desi would have been a temptation or at least a strong trigger for old traumas, for what he went through in withdrawl... I'm only speculating here. Of course I don't know. Something like this. Still, he could have done Marc's interview via email and I don't get how he would not help out Marc and be more kind... Either Izzy is not a very empathetic person or he is so traumatized from something that he just gets scared and paranoid from things we wouldn't even see if we were there. Or both. :shrugs::lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Oh yeah, forgot about Philip Seymour Hoffman having been sober for 23 years. The news really hit me back then. I was such an amazing artist, such a great actor. I miss him and I miss his acting style a lot on today's movies. That just being a side note...

So Izzy being sober and clean for some 26 years or so - I guess he still has to "watch out" for himself. I'm sure he does and I hope he (all of them!) always will.

Maybe Desi would have been a temptation or at least a strong trigger for old traumas, for what he went through in withdrawl... I'm only speculation here. Something like this. Still he could have done Marc's interview via email and I don't get how he would not help out Marc and be more kind... Either Izzy is not a very empathetic person or he is so traumatized from something that he just gets scared and paranoid from things we wouldn't even see if we were there. Or both. :shrugs::lol:

Or maybe he hasn't been sober for 26 years like we think? He's referenced drugs a lot in his solo lyrics so maybe he's relapsed before and that's why he's even more paranoid?

But I agree with the email thing, why not answer the music questions? That's just weird. Wasn't there another Marc interview where he said Axl wasn't happy that Izzy was working on the book with Marc and that's the main reason why Izzy pulled the plug on the interview? On top of the Desi/video thing?

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Or maybe he hasn't been sober for 26 years like we think? He's referenced drugs a lot in his solo lyrics so maybe he's relapsed before and that's why he's even more paranoid?

But I agree with the email thing, why not answer the music questions? That's just weird. Wasn't there another Marc interview where he said Axl wasn't happy that Izzy was working on the book with Marc and that's the main reason why Izzy pulled the plug on the interview? On top of the Desi/video thing?

I also suspect that Izzy might have relapsed because it would be just plain "natural". Such a huge addiction to many different kind of drugs. Booze, heroin, cocain (?), whatever else. It's bound to come back to you and haunt you. Poor Izzy, that must be really hard and I hope he's doing ok. I never stopped from aging so fast and to put some more speculation on top his face doesn't look like he kicked drugs and booze with 29 and lived healthy and drug free ever since. 

About Axl being unhappy that Izzy was working with Marc? Would Izzy give a fuck if he was so happy about the book in their first conversation? I don't know. He just seems paranoid, over reacted, un-communicative and whatnot else. All those things always seem to sum up into Izzy being this paranoid weirdo... :shrugs:

• Like 2