Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

I've lost two uncles and my father in law in the last three weeks- father in law was 63 uncles in mid 50's. What's saddest to me about the Guns situation is that all of those guys are insanely lucky to be alive- especially considering what they have all done to their bodies. In your 5th decade health often starts to fade and if we learned anything in 2016 it's that our idols won't be around forever. Will they regret not doing the reunion right if one of them keels over tomorrow? Shit happens and that all of them are alive and were willing is so damn frustrating.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I've lost two uncles and my father in law in the last three weeks- father in law was 63 uncles in mid 50's. What's saddest to me about the Guns situation is that all of those guys are insanely lucky to be alive- especially considering what they have all done to their bodies. In your 5th decade health often starts to fade and if we learned anything in 2016 it's that our idols won't be around forever. Will they regret not doing the reunion right if one of them keels over tomorrow? Shit happens and that all of them are alive and were willing is so damn frustrating.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

But I completely agree with this. I thought the same thing when we lost Prince, Bowie, George Michael and all the others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm out of likes @Archtop but I agree! His answer kinda made me sad but it also made me regain a new respect for Steven. Nothing new about Iz. As I once said on one of my very first posts on this forum, at the beginning of the tour I heard a rumour from someone that had an insider at one show. He basically said "Izzy is a romantic that wanted a full original 5 reunion, with touring and new songs. Axl said no, and Slash and Duff just stuck with Axl." As I said, nothing new. :shrugs:

I liked it for you and she's 100% right. 

@beautifulanddamned Sorry for your loss.:hug:

• Like 1

It is very frustrating, and whilst none of these guys owe us anything I would be really happy just to see the five play Appertite in celebration of 30 years. You would think they could pull off just one night for the long standing, die hard, exhausted fan base amongst us. They screwd up RRHOF, so just give us a one night, maybe we need to send Duff a letter, he seems to like them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I liked it for you and she's 100% right. 

@beautifulanddamned Sorry for your loss.:hug:

Aww thanks! :wub:

I'm an emotional mess right now (I might be a bit of a drama queen lol). On one hand, I'm sad cause it seems they are out for good now but on the other hand I'm fucking proud of Izzy and Steven for sticking to their principles. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darkenchantress said:

Aww thanks! :wub:

I'm an emotional mess right now (I might be a bit of a drama queen lol). On one hand, I'm sad cause it seems they are out for good now but on the other hand I'm fucking proud of Izzy and Steven for sticking to their principles. 

Yes ma'am!

I totally get you, it's bittersweet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Dear Duff,

How to be a man:

Step 1: Don't put a price tag on 30+ year old friendships.

Step 2: Do not go on stage with chicks that wear Victoria's Secret wings. It's not very Rock n' Roll.

Step 3: Grow some balls and reunite the bad for one night. After 20+ years of nonsense you guys sucking it up for a few hours wont kill you. Hell, you might actually even enjoy it.

Thank you so much,

- A 20+ year long fan who is getting tired of ya'll shit.

I always get out of likes when something related to Steven happens :facepalm: But I want to give such a huge like to this post that tomorrow I'll be back here just to do it! 

36 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Dear Duff,

How to be a man:

Step 1: Don't put a price tag on 30+ year old friendships.

Step 2: Do not go on stage with chicks that wear Victoria's Secret wings. It's not very Rock n' Roll.

Step 3: Grow some balls and reunite the bad for one night. After 20+ years of nonsense you guys sucking it up for a few hours wont kill you. Hell, you might actually even enjoy it.

Thank you so much,

- A 20+ year long fan who is getting tired of ya'll shit.

Out of likes! Dammit!!! :lol:

17 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Aw you guys, thanks for the :hug: 

I feel like I've been hard on Duff in this entire thread but I expect Axl and Slash to be  Douchebags. Duff? Expected better. I so so wish Izzy had done that interview- I don't think he would have pulled punches. I kind of want someone, anyone to stick it to the "Big" three. 

Same here. Before the reunion I was a pretty big Duff fan. Especially his column with Seattle Weekly & his two books. But the way he has behaved with this whole reunion has left a bad taste in my mouth. He preaches being the better person but then turns his back on the one person that has always been there for him. I cant help but feel like they only use Izzy when they need somebody to help them write. Then when it comes to big opportunities they dump him. I hate to say that and really hope I'm wrong but it's just the same pattern over and over with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm out of likes, but I completely agree with this. 

Also, :hug: to all of you! xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Duff has been the biggest disappointment. With Slaxl you know what to expect (I still don't understand how those two didn't talk for 20 years, they are two peas in a pod) while Duff seemed to be the voice of reason. I was wrong.

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I cant help but feel like they only use Izzy when they need somebody to help them write. Then when it comes to big opportunities they dump him. 

Sad but true. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

I don't know, I stopped reading the thread. People need to understand that what is enough for them maybe it is not for the rest. That there is not a good way or a bad way of being a fan. And that someone with a different opinion is just expressing it, not overreacting just because you don't like what they're saying. 

• Like 4

The only thing that's bothering me about the thread is the attacking Axl comments. We don't know for sure who caused the problem in negotiations. We know there was a rumor that one of them wanted more money and that's why Izzy's share got cut but we don't know who. It could've been Axl but I somehow doubt it. Also, Steven has a very sarcastic sense of humor. Just because he calls somebody insane or an asshole doesn't mean he means it. So everyone flipping out over that is just... :facepalm:

I think everyone just needs to let it go. We may never know why things fell through but the bottom line is that they did. Izzy is doing his solo thing again which is awesome. Steven said he might have a new gig and the big 3 are doing their thing. Attacking each other and taking shots at the band members isn't going to change anything.

Hopefully one day they will get it together and reunite but for now I'm just going to take it as it is.

Now, where is that new Izzy album? :dance:

The guy who started that rumour said one of the big three made last minute demands and it was not Axl. 

Assholes is a term of endearment amongst GnR isn't it? Like when they always stick their middle fingers up for pictures, nobody can think that Steven actually meant it in a nasty way. 

• Like 1