Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

Good day everyone, I didn't just want to be a lurker, so I'm taking a minute to say hello. I joined this GN'R forum a few weeks ago and have been enjoying reading through every post of this extremely engaging and entertaining thread. I've only got to about page 50 so far but intend to read all the way through to page 329 (or whatever it will be when I get to the end). Thanks for keeping this thread so well stocked and updated with Izzy info, links, videos and photos. Long live the Wacky World of The Ominous Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang! :headbang:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, Boogs said:

Good day everyone, I didn't just want to be a lurker, so I'm taking a minute to say hello. I joined this GN'R forum a few weeks ago and have been enjoying reading through every post of this extremely engaging and entertaining thread. I've only got to about page 50 so far but intend to read all the way through to page 329 (or whatever it will be when I get to the end). Thanks for keeping this thread so well stocked and updated with Izzy info, links, videos and photos. Long live the Wacky World of The Ominous Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang! :headbang:

Welcome to the forum..

i stole this from the woman’s thread but thought I would post this here.. I want this Izzy shirt.. it might be on my Christmas list..

https://www.bathroomwall.com/products/izzy-stradlin-izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses?variant=31845990980

Not sure if this has been posted.. sorry if it has..

Edited by Stizzyfan01
  • Like 3

On 16.10.2017 at 9:04 AM, annabanana said:

Has anyone seen the video its on YouTube during the 2006 tour, it starts with axl introducing izzy and he says I thought you're joining us in Spain (?) and izzy says something axl tells the crowd he's (izzy) very religious. I've been trying to look for it again but no luck, if anyone knows the video I'm talking about, what did izzy reply to axl? If I'm not mistaken izzy was wearing a blue polo on the video. Thanks.

I found it :D

I didn't understand the comment with "religious". What do the native speakers say? Was he even talking about Izzy?

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I found it :D

I didn't understand the comment with "religious". What do the native speakers say? Was he even talking about Izzy?

Yes that's it :) thanks tori, you're amazing! :) the video I originally saw was closer and the crowd noise wasn't that loud and you can hear a bit of what izzy replied before axl said he's like religious. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Welcome @Boogs. Page 50. I just went to see what was going on then. There's so much fun for you ahead. :lol:

Yeah at about page 50 folks were trying to figure out if it was Izzy the man himself lurking as 00000000 (wait!!! don’t tell me!!) Looks like a lot happened in here during the last six months or so. I might have to do a couple of all-nighters to catch up. Thanks for the warm welcome :heart:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, annabanana said:

Yes that's it :) thanks tori, you're amazing! :) the video I originally saw was closer and the crowd noise wasn't that loud and you can hear a bit of what izzy replied before axl said he's like religious. 

omg!!!!!i cant believe it... i was  there it was on terravibe malakasa and we didnt know that izzy would be there!!!!!!11 years!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

"I thought you were with us in spain"... Smth like that.  it was surprise to us that he rejoimed the band in athens.

I was at that show too :) I think I'd posted the video as well, either on the first pages of this thread or on the old WT.

Axl said "I thought you were meeting us in Spain". Then Izzy replied something, and Axl said "He's like... religious. Nevermind".

I'm not sure which show in Spain Axl was referring to. There were two shows there, one before the show in Athens and one after; so either Izzy was going to be at the show before but didn't show up or he wasn't expected to join NuGnR in Greece but in the next Spanish show. Either way, it was an awesome surprise :)

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was at that show too :) I think I'd posted the video as well, either on the first pages of this thread or on the old WT.

Axl said "I thought you were meeting us in Spain". Then Izzy replied something, and Axl said "He's like... religious. Nevermind".

I'm not sure which show in Spain Axl was referring to. There were two shows there, one before the show in Athens and one after; so either Izzy was going to be at the show before but didn't show up or he wasn't expected to join NuGnR in Greece but in the next Spanish show. Either way, it was an awesome surprise :)

Oh you really were too here??Yeah it was great really great.Izzy with guns  came to athens in 1993 but i was 8years and it couldn't  be possible to travvel to athens. Ιn 2004 steven adler came to my hometown and in 2005 velvet revolver opened for black sabbath in the same place i was in there..so 2006 came new gnr and i was thinking that i saw all the original members in different years except izzy,and then boom!!! 

1 hour ago, cindy1985 said:

Oh you really were too here??Yeah it was great really great.Izzy with guns  came to athens in 1993 but i was 8years and it couldn't  be possible to travvel to athens. Ιn 2004 steven adler came to my hometown and in 2005 velvet revolver opened for black sabbath in the same place i was in there..so 2006 came new gnr and i was thinking that i saw all the original members in different years except izzy,and then boom!!!

I was at the '93 Athens show (I'm old...), and at the VR one in 2005.

I didn't originally remember (I mean without the help of the internet) much about the '93 setlist, but I did remember, apart from that they were late and the couch they had on stage, how the crowd shouted Izzy's name when Axl introduced him.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1